Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
scottofsdea
Mouseketeer

What is the one thing you wished Disney Cruise would change?

Bored on a Saturday morning and was wondering what would be the one thing that you wished Disney Cruise would change? For me, it is the last night when the CD announces they are turning the ship around and do it all again...for free! IT just doesn't make me feel better...
scottofsdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottofsdea View Post
Bored on a Saturday morning and was wondering what would be the one thing that you wished Disney Cruise would change? For me, it is the last night when the CD announces they are turning the ship around and do it all again...for free! IT just doesn't make me feel better...
Oh yeah. I hate that too!! I wish there was the option to eat in Palo every night. I would. Seriously, I would. Even if I had to ditch the kids every night to do it and even if they had to roll me off by the end of the cruise. Oh, I so would.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
holula
DIS Veteran

Each of the four ships should have their own three shows. No overlap. Disney has hundreds of movies, it shouldn't be that hard to come up with twelve shows!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas, 2014 Xmas Western; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic

Reviews
DCL vs Ruby Princess
DCL vs NCL Epic
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
ptcbass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Each of the four ships should have their own three shows. No overlap. Disney has hundreds of movies, it shouldn't be that hard to come up with twelve shows!
I totally agree with this one. I wish on the last night they could somehow allow you more time. With dinner, shows, shutters, possible customer service issues, customs paperwork and having to pack and get luggage out in the hall it is too much. We just skipped the show so we didn't feel so rushed.

1995 CBR, 2000 OKW, 2005 POP, 2008 ASSp, 2010 Pop and POR, 2014 CBR, POR and DCL Dream, 2015 Fantasy
ptcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

I would like them to give out dining rotations prior to the 120 day mark when I can start booking things. I never want to chance missing my favorite MDR menu for Palo.

As a back up answer, along with the other lighter offerings on the menu every night, I wish they would add just a plain simple meal of a pasta with marinara sauce. I find the only way to get that is when its on the kids menu.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

I wish some of the activities weren't so late. I don't mind adult activites late at night. But some things on our last cruise didn't start until 10:30 that were geared towards the kids. Mine just can't stay up that late. They tried though.

The first night we missed Anna and Elsa come to the Christmas "ball" and make it snow.
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London UK : Q: Why can't Elsa watch her movie on TV? A: Because her picture was Frozen

The actual pre booking online is a total mess, it needs a full revamp, it's unfair and the website is poorly constructed.

They need to make more opportunities for cruisers to book Palo Spa and the option to pre pay, with a cabana booking full payment on booking to stop on spec booking just because your first.

You should be able to select your rotation, or see it allocated at your booking window so you know when to book Palo Remy etc.

It's not hard to do.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
kapoof
DIS Veteran

I would like discounts on cl

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #9
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London UK : Q: Why can't Elsa watch her movie on TV? A: Because her picture was Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
I would like discounts on cl
DISney DIScounts. = Never.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:33 PM   #10
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

A Soda fountain somewhere in the adult club areas (like they have on the pool deck) or at least somewhere near the indoor event areas.

Beds that split apart.

Better crafts (some are good but many are super cheap - I guess it would just be more consistency to the good side).

Travel lectures that are more than sales pitches.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #11
Pens Fan
Mouseketeer

New itineraries - in particular:

- one way Alaska cruises between Vancouver and Seward which allows for exploration of the interior before/after your cruise while still including the inside passage ports.
- cruises from NYC
- and throwing reality to the wind, how about Austrailia/New Zealand?

I also completely agree with the previous posters that the dining rotation should be posted prior to the opening of the booking window.

Finally, I imagine I'm in the minority with this one, but I would like to see older teenagers allowed in Palo, even if it was only at certain hours or for brunch.
Pens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #12
HookedOnDCL1
Earning My Ears

I agree with knowing the dining rotation in advance. I would also like to know when the pirate, formal and sem-formal nights are in advance. (We like to do formal night as a family.) Not having all that information in advance makes it really difficult to know when to book Palo.

I also would like more time to pack on the last night - always seems rushed to get bags out by 10pm - how about midnight?
HookedOnDCL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #13
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens Fan View Post
New itineraries - in particular:

- one way Alaska cruises between Vancouver and Seward which allows for exploration of the interior before/after your cruise while still including the inside passage ports.
- cruises from NYC
- and throwing reality to the wind, how about Austrailia/New Zealand?

I also completely agree with the previous posters that the dining rotation should be posted prior to the opening of the booking window.

Finally, I imagine I'm in the minority with this one, but I would like to see older teenagers allowed in Palo, even if it was only at certain hours or for brunch.
With Palo I will get flamed on this, but who cares. I think that teenagers 14+ should be Able to book Palo dinner with adults in thier family, on a limited basis with Palo dinner opening early say 5 pm and the slots up to 6 pm with you all out by 7.30 pm.

I can't see how it would work for Brunch and that must remain 18 plus only.
* Disney Magic -
Old 01-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #14
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Base the Castaway Cay levels on number of nights sailed instead of the number of cruises. Or a combination of the two.

A two-day cruise to nowhere should not count the same as a 14-day Panama Canal or Hawaiian cruise.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:57 PM   #15
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Base the Castaway Cay levels on number of nights sailed instead of the number of cruises. Or a combination of the two.

A two-day cruise to nowhere should not count the same as a 14-day Panama Canal or Hawaiian cruise.
Fully agreed!

See why.

07/26/14 - 08/07/14 Disney Magic 12
08/05/13 - 08/12/13 Disney Wonder 7
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 Disney Fantasy. 7
08/11/12 - 08/18/12 Disney Fantasy. 7
07/18/10 - 07/30/10 Disney Magic 12
08/15/09 - 08/22/09 Disney Magic 7
08/17/08 - 09/01/08 Disney Magic 15
07/28/07 - 08/08/07 Disney Magic 11
08/19/06 - 08/26/06 Disney Magic 7
08/20/05 - 09/03/05 Disney Magic 14
10/26/02 - 11/02/02 Disney Magic. 7
* Disney Magic -

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: