Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
wishiwasindisneyjen
Earning My Ears

Door Magnets - Where to buy?

I am traveling with a large group in September for my parent's 50th anniversary. I'd love to have some door magnets made but I can't seem to figure out where from, there are so many options for them.

Can anyone recommend a seller that they've purchased custom Disney cruise door magnets from? I can't do my own because my printer can't seem to handle it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jen
wishiwasindisneyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Can your printer not handle the magnetic paper or printing the graphic at all?

I just printed mine on regular paper, laminated them on my home laminator, then put magnetic tape on the back. That way if something happened to them, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Saves me some $$$!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

This thread might give you some ideas:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132669
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
PinGirl
Mouseketeer

Smile We made some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen View Post
I am traveling with a large group in September for my parent's 50th anniversary. I'd love to have some door magnets made but I can't seem to figure out where from, there are so many options for them.

Can anyone recommend a seller that they've purchased custom Disney cruise door magnets from? I can't do my own because my printer can't seem to handle it.

Jen
My sister is a Scrapbooker so she made some. I went to Target to the $1.00 bin and got a bag of their decorations. Went to Micheal's and got a roll of magnetic tape. Slapped it on those bad boys and Eureka! Magnets. We each gave the other half our batch and it worked out great. I discovered the magnets are also very helpful in helping you distinguish your cabin from someone else's.

If you want fancy ones try Ebay or Etsy.

Have fun!

2013 - WDW - DCL Galveston Sailing- Planning Surprise
2013 WDW - BWV-7 Nights
2012 WDW NOV-BWV+DCL Fantasy 7 Nights
2010 WDW-BWV - 9 Nights
2009 WDW-Sept BCV/OKW - 10 Nights
2009 WDW-May POR - 9 Nights
2008 WDW-BWV/POR 11 Nights(OCT)-1st Welcome Home Trip!
2007-DL -(JULY)-DLH 2 Nights
PinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
donaldanddaisy
Earning My Ears

I just ordered some for our cruise which is also for my parents 50th Anniversary. Etsy store FEGiftsnMore ... they did one that said Happy 50th Anniversary with Mickey ears and their names in Gold -- there are a couple choices!
donaldanddaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Aeryn76
Mouseketeer

Esty does have some good ones for sell. Since it's just the 2 of us, I am making my own. I bought some mini crayola coloring pages of Mickey and the gang. After I colored them, I glued them to some sturdy cardboard and after that I'm going to seal them with modge podge and then put magnets on the back.
Aeryn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

If you are making your own, as we have down in the past, just make sure you use enough magnetic tape. We did this twice and the second time I didn't use enough (I was trying not to spend as much money on it) and the pictures wouldn't stay on our door.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen

Jen
Jen, one thing I am doing is saving all the pics I want as magnets to my SD card. If you print a good amount at one time at let's say Walgreens pharmacy, each pic is then cheaper. Staples and other such office stores have large laminating pages for a reasonable price. Then just add a magnet! I'd say an average of around a dollar a magnet if you look for coupons and deals!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

Jen,

We did a cruise in May and ordered our door magnets from Are We There Yet Designs on Etsy. They were terrific. Highly recommend if you do not wish to make your own!
lilagirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
No1MouseFan
Earning My Ears

Re: Cruise Magnets

Hi Jen,

Also, check out the following item # on eBay -> 370853229766 (just enter it in the search field). This is just one example of the many DCL specific door magnets that the seller, "patsenese", has. I have ordered from her many times and the service is fantastic. I actually just purchased three 8x10 magnets from her last week for my Alaska cruise next month. Click on "see other items" and then search for "Disney" to narrow the results. If you don't see what you're looking for, just contact her and she'll bend over backwards to meet your needs. Hope this is helpful.
No1MouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
RustManFan
devoted to all things Disney!!

DISboards Moderator

remember, Disney copyrights are violated in many cases on etsy so it is better to make your own magnets

also note that a number of DISigners from the DISboards have had their creations stolen and sold by others on etsy and ebay....while we create our DISigns for free...Shame that people are so immoral

Offsite - 1987 - 1st Trip - Wilson World
CBR - 1989, 1995
FW (tent) - 1992 during Hurricane Andrew, 1997
Dixie Landings/POR (AB) - 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2009
Wilderness Lodge - 1996
DL - 2013 - Good Neighbor hotel

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/o...isney%20Stuff/
*** and eternal Rusty Wallace fan ! He is the RustMan ! ***
RustManFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
NCConch
Mouseketeer

I found magnetic sheets at Hobby Lobby and bought full sheet stickers for the printer and did it that way. Our TA sent us a care package and it had a "commercially available" Captain Mickey magnet set that is intended for Disney Cruise doors. No idea where she got it.

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

NCConch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustManFan View Post
remember, Disney copyrights are violated in many cases on etsy so it is better to make your own magnets

also note that a number of DISigners from the DISboards have had their creations stolen and sold by others on etsy and ebay....while we create our DISigns for free...Shame that people are so immoral

Many of those folks on etsy are in violation of Disney's copyright laws. Periodically Disney pursues this against people selling their images for a profit without paying for a Disney license. So buyer beware! If you make it and give it away, Disney is okay with that. And yes, I have seen designs made here on the DIS being sold on etsy without the original designer's consent. It makes me mad, folks ripping off others' work and passing it off as their own...making a profit off it when the original designer just gave it away for people to use for t-shirts, magnets, as a way to spread some pixie dust.

A better choice is to check out the DISigners' threads, have something personalized for free, and either print it yourself on magnet paper (I do this), or print it, laminate it, and slap on some magnetic tape.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie

Many of those folks on etsy are in violation of Disney's copyright laws. Periodically Disney pursues this against people selling their images for a profit without paying for a Disney license. So buyer beware! If you make it and give it away, Disney is okay with that. And yes, I have seen designs made here on the DIS being sold on etsy without the original designer's consent. It makes me mad, folks ripping off others' work and passing it off as their own...making a profit off it when the original designer just gave it away for people to use for t-shirts, magnets, as a way to spread some pixie dust.

A better choice is to check out the DISigners' threads, have something personalized for free, and either print it yourself on magnet paper (I do this), or print it, laminate it, and slap on some magnetic tape.
So if you don't want to do it yourself, is there a list of DIS Etsy sellers? So that we don't violate anything.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
So if you don't want to do it yourself, is there a list of DIS Etsy sellers? So that we don't violate anything.
No one here on DISboards are doing this for profit. So the answer is No.
Selling or profiting from Disney designs are in violation of Disney's copyrights.
It's fairly easy to make the magnets. All you need is a printer and magnet sheets. You can also use Vistaprint if you don't have a printer.
Here is the link to idrivealumina's awesome stateroom door ears.
And here is the link to Creative DISigns. You will find many DISigners there are happy to help you with your project.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 12-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: