Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
luvoceans
Earning My Ears

South Beach

We staying in South Beach this Friday and Saturday before our Christmas Cruise !! Any must do or see ? Any suggestions on places to eat that won't break the bank. A family of 5 (ages 16 to 65 )
luvoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
UKfan1978
Earning My Ears

South Beach

Let me know what you discover - we are staying a night in South Beach in Feb before we cruise out. I haven't been to South Beach in almost 10 years when I went for Spring Break - I imagine this time I will be a little tamer with my wife, mom and 3 kids
UKfan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

South Beach is overrated IMO, I would rather go to Bayside.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. - Mark Twain
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan1978 View Post
Let me know what you discover - we are staying a night in South Beach in Feb before we cruise out. I haven't been to South Beach in almost 10 years when I went for Spring Break - I imagine this time I will be a little tamer with my wife, mom and 3 kids
Haha. That was us this time. DH and I were walking up and down the strip with lots of memories. He even joked about getting me a "slushie" from Wet Willies as I was getting the kids ready for bed.

This trip, we ate at Havana 1957 on Lincoln Mall Road. It was delicious, and the mojitos were strong and tasty. I'd highly recommend it for a kid-friendly outdoor dining with yummy drinks and a pretty good atmosphere. The "free" banana chips were so amazing. We had 3 buckets

For lunch we had Puerto Sagua on Collins, which is like a Cuban Denny's. It's solid, cheap good food.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Haha. That was us this time. DH and I were walking up and down the strip with lots of memories. He even joked about getting me a "slushie" from Wet Willies as I was getting the kids ready for bed.

This trip, we ate at Havana 1957 on Lincoln Mall Road. It was delicious, and the mojitos were strong and tasty. I'd highly recommend it for a kid-friendly outdoor dining with yummy drinks and a pretty good atmosphere. The "free" banana chips were so amazing. We had 3 buckets

For lunch we had Puerto Sagua on Collins, which is like a Cuban Denny's. It's solid, cheap good food.
We love to go to Lincoln Road this time of year and enjoy the outdoors when its not 100 degrees. We live about 45 minutes north on Miami.
There are so many restaurants to choose from lots of stores and a movie theater.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
abja09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Haha. That was us this time. DH and I were walking up and down the strip with lots of memories. He even joked about getting me a "slushie" from Wet Willies as I was getting the kids ready for bed. This trip, we ate at Havana 1957 on Lincoln Mall Road. It was delicious, and the mojitos were strong and tasty. I'd highly recommend it for a kid-friendly outdoor dining with yummy drinks and a pretty good atmosphere. The "free" banana chips were so amazing. We had 3 buckets For lunch we had Puerto Sagua on Collins, which is like a Cuban Denny's. It's solid, cheap good food.
How far is the Havana from the Fontainebleau? My ds10 and I are staying there pre-cruise in February but I am not at all familiar with the area. We will definitely need some place to eat dinner.
abja09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
mom4fun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abja09

How far is the Havana from the Fontainebleau? My ds10 and I are staying there pre-cruise in February but I am not at all familiar with the area. We will definitely need some place to eat dinner.
We stayed at Fontaine Bleu 9 years ago. They have good food at the hotel and a outdoor restaurant near the board walk.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
Steve Dexter
Would rather be at Satellite Falls

So jealous, I love South Beach, it's a feast for the eyes. There are so many great restaurants and beautiful places to just take in the scenery. We love Joe's Stone Crab but it might be a little expensive. Have fun there, it's so beautiful even at night.
Steve Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Goofy4Disney99
Mouseketeer

We stayed in SB the three nights before the WB Panama Canal Cruise in May and had a blast - can't wait to go back. We had no kids with us, so we did a lot of late night eating. Lots of sidewalk dining at most places along the ocean road - which might be of interest to kids. Not sure if you like to run or take long walks, but there is a paved walkway along the beach heading north which turns into an elevated boardwalk. I was told it goes for five miles. Great place to jog or walk. Enjoy your stay!
Disney Magic - Oct 1998 (3 day), March 2000 (4 day), June 2001 (Eastern), August 2003 (Western), October 2004 (Western), August 2005 (Panama Canal Repo), June 2007 (Med), August 2008 (Panama Canal Repo), January 2009 (Eastern) Disney Wonder - January 2011 (Panama Canal Repo) Disney Dream - New Years Cruise 2011, May 2013 Wonder Panama Canal
DVC (since 2000) Own at Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, Villas at Grand Californian
Platinum Castaway Club Member

Goofy4Disney99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: