DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
GiantsNiners11
DVC Pro

No, I wouldn't plan on this.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #17
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

Buy all you can afford now. Pay taxes on the profit after dues and still worth the investment. Large point package is ok but if you need to sell could cost you money to lower price per point to sell. Point cost for rentins is at $13.00 to $15.00 with more guest then you will have points for.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
HokieGCC
BWV Owners

I would recommend starting small(er) and building later.

You can be sure that when you are ready to buy more points opportunities to do so will be plentiful. It is not a sure thing but likely that as time goes on points will get cheaper resale for the 2042 properties and you would be better off investing that portion of your money until you are going to want the points. Also, it is possible that family members will not take to Disney as an every year vacation. You may want to wait and see how that goes. I know some do it but taking infants to Disney is a chore and I would say that it is not enjoyed at all until about the age of 3 (5 is better). So, you may actually stop going to Disney at all for 3-5 years making even the smaller purchase a problem (to rent).

Lumping all this together you will have the information you need when your youngest child is somewhere around 8-10 years old to make a decision about DVC. Don't forget about soccer, baseball, softball, swimming, basketball, volleyball, and the gazillion things that your kids may get involved in.

All this is pure opinion based on my experiences and observations and everyone has their own formed opinion that are just as valid.
HokieGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

The fact that you're asking the question means that you're not comfortable with such a larger purchase so look for an irresistible purchase in a smaller amount of points. Resale is a patience/gamble game. To be successful you have to know when the trigger is pull-able for you.

Frankly our first contract is what we usually transfer out to other venues. Transferring if you can do it for when others don't want to vacation works but it doesn't always work and you better really want to stay where you buy because you'll end up there sometime.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: