Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
ChrizJen
I am not a Koala Bear at the zoo!!
Sorry about the lack of linkage
Oh, I can't believe what I let you people rope me into!!

Question Fantasy - Summer 2015

Any "well-informed" guesses as to the possible itineraries (specifically the Fantasy) for June of 2015? I searched, and couldn't find anything on here. But I know there are some really well-informed members of the DIS community who may be in the know.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

The Fantasy? I'd be surprised if they change the Fantasy off the 7-night Caribbean itineraries. The Magic and Wonder may shift around, but the Dream and Fantasy haven't changed port or destinations since their respective maiden launches.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

I'm betting that the Fantasy switches back to the alternating Caribbean cruises for the summer while the Magic is deployed elsewhere. I'm really hoping that the alternating Fantasy itineraries continue until at least after October.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
darwinsrule
Mouseketeer

There were reports over the last couple of months of NCL and DCL being in talks with the BVI government about docking/taking over the port in Tortola. NCL has released summer of 2015 and will have their new ship Getaway docking there weekly. Suspect when DCL gets around to releasing the schedule we will find it on the Fantasy's itinerary as well.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD10 DD6
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

If you look at the St Maarten port schedule http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/Vesse...uleCruise.aspx you can see that the Fantasy is in St Maarten every two weeks on Tuesdays. This would lead me to believe the Fantasy to be alternating East/West in the summer 2015.

6/6/15 Eastern
6/13/15 Western
6/20/15 Eastern
6/27/15 Western
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
ChrizJen
I am not a Koala Bear at the zoo!!
Sorry about the lack of linkage
Oh, I can't believe what I let you people rope me into!!

I'm really hoping they do return the Fantasy to alternating eastern/western.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
kfamilylovesdisney
Wonder 05/2008 Wonder 05/2009

Still no word

I called DCL yesterday and the CM said she does not know when the summer 2015 dates will be released. How do people find this stuff out early? I'm afraid that I will get busy and forget to check if the sailings are posted and miss that opening date for the price

July 6, 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean * June 26, 2011 - Disney Dream 5 Day * May 2009 - Disney Wonder 4 Day * May 2008 - Disney Wonder 3 Day

6/2012 BCV * 6/2011 AKV-Kidani * 8/2010 BLT * 5/2009 WLV * 5/2008 BWV * 5/2007 BCV * 1/2006 OKW
kfamilylovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfamilylovesdisney View Post
I called DCL yesterday and the CM said she does not know when the summer 2015 dates will be released. How do people find this stuff out early? I'm afraid that I will get busy and forget to check if the sailings are posted and miss that opening date for the price
My TA will usually send out an email a day or two before the release date so that she can get your requests. So obviously Disney is letting TA's know just beforehand. Although once in a while I hear it on the DIS before she lets me know, but I just assume that it's another TA leaking the info.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

To go with my earlier post you can see on the Grand Cayman port schedule for June 2015 http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php is visiting every other Tuesday. This along with the St Maarten schedule of every other week would lead me to believe the Fantasy is alternating between East and West Caribbean cruises for the summer as she first appears in GC on 5/19/15 and ends on 11/3/15. Also with the Fantasy in GC on Tuesdays it would appear the Fantasy is keeping with Falmouth Jamaica instead of Costa Maya for the summer.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 View Post
To go with my earlier post you can see on the Grand Cayman port schedule for June 2015 http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php is visiting every other Tuesday. This along with the St Maarten schedule of every other week would lead me to believe the Fantasy is alternating between East and West Caribbean cruises for the summer as she first appears in GC on 5/19/15 and ends on 11/3/15. Also with the Fantasy in GC on Tuesdays it would appear the Fantasy is keeping with Falmouth Jamaica instead of Costa Maya for the summer.
If this pans out... It's great news for me.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #11
truck1
Growing older but not up.

To answer the first part, alot will depend on what DCL does with the Magic. If the Fantasy is showing up on GCs and St Maartens schedule, thats a pretty good indicator.

I seriously doubt DCL will ever take the Dream and Fantasy out of PC as they are the biggest and are consistently full. Unless, they build a new ship equal to or bigger then the Dream class. There money makers and I wouldnt be surprised if 1 or both ships are close to or already have paid themselves off.
2nd way you can tell what DCL is up to, is to look at the port schedules for the usual haunts, like GC, St Thomas, Nassau. 9 times out of 10, there pretty accurate.

The other way we seem to know before others, is by not only reading local papers, and news organizations for DCL touring different ports etc, is that there are some who are close to DCL as in working for the company, or related in someway shape or form to someone who does have inside knowledge.

A example would be back in early 2001, when I worked for Disney, another cm that worked with me was dating a DCL cm. He showed me the letter from the then DCL president saying that DCL was building 2 new ships etc etc etc. It never made it to the public phase but internally we knew long before the public would have. Those ships were shelved as later that year DCL took a major hit along with a lot of other areas after 9/11. From the horses mouth, both of those ships are still on the shelf.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: