Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
pillow
DIS Veteran

Dis gift cards on sale at Kroger!

I received an email from Kroger this morning about a new promotion - "12 days of gift card deals."

It appears that Disney gift cards will be on sale next Wednesday, 12/18. Today's deal is for Itunes cards ($4 off $40 pack). The email doesn't state how much the Disney gift cards will be discounted, but I'm assuming it will be similar to the Itunes deal. With this promo, you download the coupon to your Kroger card on the designated day, and then you have a designated window during which you can use your coupon (usually 2-3 weeks).

You can partner this with Kroger's 2x fuel points to save a little more. It will be interesting to see how much the cards will cost on 12/18. If anyone can figure that out in advance, please report back.

Happy Saving!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
I received an email from Kroger this morning about a new promotion - "12 days of gift card deals."

It appears that Disney gift cards will be on sale next Wednesday, 12/18. Today's deal is for Itunes cards ($4 off $40 pack). The email doesn't state how much the Disney gift cards will be discounted, but I'm assuming it will be similar to the Itunes deal. With this promo, you download the coupon to your Kroger card on the designated day, and then you have a designated window during which you can use your coupon (usually 2-3 weeks).

You can partner this with Kroger's 2x fuel points to save a little more. It will be interesting to see how much the cards will cost on 12/18. If anyone can figure that out in advance, please report back.

Happy Saving!

Jodie

I got the same email and I can't wait to see the sale for the Disney cards. This with the 2X fuel points will be a good savings I think.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
pillow
DIS Veteran

Someone on the budget board just pointed out that the Itunes coupon limits you to only 1 gift card per customer. I had missed that initially. Oh well - every little bit helps I guess.

Jodie
Old 12-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Benbuck6
Earning My Ears

We do this

I pay for our Disney trips COMPLETELY with Disney cards bought at Kroger plus other things I know we need like Christmas shopping. We have had $1.00 per gallon for the better part of this year.

If limit is one per account...I need to be getting some friends Kroger card numbers just to get discount.
Benbuck6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone on the budget board just pointed out that the Itunes coupon limits you to only 1 gift card per customer. I had missed that initially. Oh well - every little bit helps I guess.

Jodie
Well that stinks!

Oh well, our Kroger is offering the 4X fuel points promo right now so I will just buy enough to finish paying off our cruise and still save plenty on gas.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
goeva
DIS Veteran

What's fuel points? How does it work?
Thanks!

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Thanks!
When you buy gift card at Kroger, you get fuel points to redeem on gas. They periodically offer a 4x fuel points promotion. Folks will buy Disney gift cards at Kroger and save quite a bit on their gas. Here is a link to the Kroger site - http://www.kroger.com/fuel/pages/a1.aspx

Jodie
Old 12-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
Buy at Kroger using your Kroger plus discount card and you get points that can be used for a discount at their gas stations. They have changed the program around, it used to be that you got something like 10 or 20 cents off per fillup until your points were gone, but then it went to you got a larger discount only once a month. I haven't used it for a couple years so I don't know what the current promotion is.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Benbuck6
Earning My Ears

We do this

I am telling you...we pay 100% of Disney Vacations doing this...and Christmas Shopping using Gift Cards plus any other definite purchases...like WE KNOW we will stop at Cracker Barrell on the way to WDW so we are holding $50 in CB gift cards. We also know we will buy $150 of Bass Pro Cards for presents every year so we get those when we can.

We have gotten $1.00 off per gallon for almost a year and the wife drives a Yukon XL...so no telling the savings.
Benbuck6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you buy gift card at Kroger, you get fuel points to redeem on gas. They periodically offer a 4x fuel points promotion. Folks will buy Disney gift cards at Kroger and save quite a bit on their gas. Here is a link to the Kroger site - http://www.kroger.com/fuel/pages/a1.aspx

Jodie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
Buy at Kroger using your Kroger plus discount card and you get points that can be used for a discount at their gas stations. They have changed the program around, it used to be that you got something like 10 or 20 cents off per fillup until your points were gone, but then it went to you got a larger discount only once a month. I haven't used it for a couple years so I don't know what the current promotion is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbuck6 View Post
I am telling you...we pay 100% of Disney Vacations doing this...and Christmas Shopping using Gift Cards plus any other definite purchases...like WE KNOW we will stop at Cracker Barrell on the way to WDW so we are holding $50 in CB gift cards. We also know we will buy $150 of Bass Pro Cards for presents every year so we get those when we can.

We have gotten $1.00 off per gallon for almost a year and the wife drives a Yukon XL...so no telling the savings.
Thanks, guys!
There is a Kroger 10 minutes away from where we live.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
They have changed the program around, it used to be that you got something like 10 or 20 cents off per fillup until your points were gone, but then it went to you got a larger discount only once a month. I haven't used it for a couple years so I don't know what the current promotion is.
You're not limited to once/month. I go every week and get $1 off. As long as you have the points, you can get a max of $1 off each time you fill up.

Jodie
Old 12-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, guys!
There is a Kroger 10 minutes away from where we live.
Hint: Take gas cans to get the max of 35 gallons when you fill up. It works out to a 14% savings if you can do it that way.

$250 gift card = 1,000 fuel points (when running 4x fuel promo)
$1 off of 35 gallons = $35
$35/$250 = 14%

Old 12-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hint: Take gas cans to get the max of 35 gallons when you fill up. It works out to a 14% savings if you can do it that way.

$250 gift card = 1,000 fuel points (when running 4x fuel promo)
$1 off of 35 gallons = $35
$35/$250 = 14%

Nice savings! Thanks, Jodie.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When you buy gift card at Kroger, you get fuel points to redeem on gas.
When you buy just about anything at Kroger, you get fuel points. Gift cards and some other things occasionally get a multiplier, but base point earnings applies to almost everything all of the time.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I wish we had a Kroger.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: