Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Little Flower
DIS Veteran

How to set up magic band

M a little confused with how to set up my reservations on my magic band. Help! I've managed to link the reservations via the app on my iPad but can't link my tickets or dining plan. I bought it all as a package so I won't get separate info. I'm stuck! I don't want to be without fast passes. Help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

P.s. I'm a little gutted that magic bands aren't ship able to the uk. I don't want a stupid grey one sob sob
Old 12-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

You get the option to pick a colour for your Magic Band and choose what name you want on it, and they will be waiting for you upon check in. We are going in September and we have been able to choose , just give it time , the DME app is a little temperamental. As for dining it should show under your reservation but you won't be able to book or really do anything with dining until your 180 mark.
Vicky x
Vickyrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Little Flower
DIS Veteran

Ooh fab! Did u put the resort address on to your reservation instead of your home one? I'm happy with dining reservations I think, I made them for our other trips but the fast pass + worries me a bit. Last year we got all our ticket details on check in rather than before and it seems like u can't book FP+ without linking tickets to your reservation.

We're going in September too! Where are you staying?
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Flower View Post
Ooh fab! Did u put the resort address on to your reservation instead of your home one? I'm happy with dining reservations I think, I made them for our other trips but the fast pass + worries me a bit. Last year we got all our ticket details on check in rather than before and it seems like u can't book FP+ without linking tickets to your reservation.

We're going in September too! Where are you staying?

There will know you are an international guest and automatically send them to your resort. We had our home address on MDE but they sent a message and said they were ready for collection on check in

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

I put in our home address but it wouldn't accept a british phone number so I used the resorts, if there is an issue they have time to write or e-mail and have my phone numbers on my booking , so I wasn't worried.

It's our first time staying onsite so I'm new to all the bookings but it seems easy , Our tickets have appeared under our bookings and then about a week later our magic band order appeared too.

With the Fastpass + it does seem a bit strange to choose which rides you want each day before you get there , but it's not that much of a problem for us. I'm an over planner anyway due to DH being in a wheelchair.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs from September 23rd to October 7th , for My birthday/ wedding anniversary trip . I can't wait .

Vicky x
Vickyrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Little Flower
DIS Veteran

I just fiddled a bit more and set up the address as animal kingdom lodge and then it let me customise them! Yay

Personally I'm not overly enthusiastic about fast pass + but I figure I'll just embrace it. At least we won't have to run for soaring fast passes in the morning! Last September crowd levels were quite low so I think it will be ok

Ooh, Saratoga springs looks beautiful. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Yay
Old 12-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Flower View Post
I just fiddled a bit more and set up the address as animal kingdom lodge and then it let me customise them! Yay

Personally I'm not overly enthusiastic about fast pass + but I figure I'll just embrace it. At least we won't have to run for soaring fast passes in the morning! Last September crowd levels were quite low so I think it will be ok

Ooh, Saratoga springs looks beautiful. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Yay
I did all our fp+ but then spent loads of time cancelling them or changing them the night before because we'd changed our minds about what and where our plans were. We are not big planners and knew this would happen. We ended up not doing Toy Story Mania this year because of a change in plan and we couldn't get another FP after we'd canx it and its not worth standing in line for 2 hours for it! But loved the Magic Bands and they worked great. No fumbling around for the cards etc..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

So, I have just linked up my reservation with the band and customised it using the resort address and phone number as it wouldn't accept the UK address!

It says that you can't access the Fast pass plus unless you are an invited test guest .......how do you get invited!? It seemed like everyone had access to this once you had a band!!!?
Help!
Debs
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Little Flower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
So, I have just linked up my reservation with the band and customised it using the resort address and phone number as it wouldn't accept the UK address! It says that you can't access the Fast pass plus unless you are an invited test guest .......how do you get invited!? It seemed like everyone had access to this once you had a band!!!? Help! Debs
I had my tickets linked and then once they were on there it worked.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Great! So now I need to get my tickets!
Does anyone know if this works the same if you buy tickets through a UK agent like attractions direct rather than through Disney directly? Do you just scan them just the same or enter the ticket number?

Are you limited to three fast passes in one park per day, no park hopping?
What about shows like Fantasmic?
Debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
Little Flower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
Great! So now I need to get my tickets! Does anyone know if this works the same if you buy tickets through a UK agent like attractions direct rather than through Disney directly? Do you just scan them just the same or enter the ticket number? Are you limited to three fast passes in one park per day, no park hopping? What about shows like Fantasmic? Debsx
There's the option to scan your tickets or enter the numbers. I honestly don't know whether the uk tickets work the same but I bought mine through Thomas Cook and mine have worked

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: