Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report

Here we come, limping down the street
Get the funniest looks from everyone we meet
Hey Hey we're the whiteheads and people say we disser around
We're too busy crashing to get tis trip report off the ground.

Ok so this is my first trip report and man oh man am I nervous. I follow what some will consider Disser royality/ Nebo, Ponzi, Thumper man and Lady H just to name a few. Sorry if your name didn't make the top four but I do read lots of trip reports but for those of you have not yet had the pleasure search these folks and read their stuff it is really funny.

I will start by introducing you to the motley crew that will be going on this trip. I should try to avoid the word trip (we will get to that later)
There is me, the ever witty and amazingly beautiful... (what oh too much fiction, ok) Betsey, then my husband , Lance (aka twinkle toes, we will get to this later also) and Scarlett 10 months old when we leave our adorable granddaughter and shawndell and randy our daughter and son in law or as we refer to them now "those people that scarlett lives with" as you can tell we are pretty much liking this whole grand parent gig.

Back in early October I start stalking er uh searching out discounts and was able to get the stay play and dine for Jan5throug Jan 12.
Lance agrees that it has been way too long since our last trip and says we can do this for our anniversary. He really wanted to stay at POFQ but they were not on the list of hotels that got this package Oh no I am now seeing my time sipping dole whips and getting chased off a mountain by a Yeti slipping away... but after a great deal of convincing he agrees to stay somewhere else and we book CBR. I tell him it is a beautiful place and for the most part folks really like it.

That weekend happened to be our first Dis meet. We live and have APs for Disneyland and there were some of the afore mentioned royality that were going to be out here. It was really awesome to meet these folks in person after reading them for years. and I mentioned that we had booked the CBR and Smidgy and Lady H both had great things to say about it. Lance was still kind of not warmed up to it but TA DA Nebo and T man to the rescue. they also said the place was pretty nice etc and once the men had good opinions Lance was now looking forward to trying a new resort

We were getting excited and later on in the month lance says "It would be so fun to take Scarlett to WDW. and then says to me to find the same deal for the kids. I explain that in the world of airfare a couple of weeks can mean a huge price jump. long story short it did cost quite a bit more for their airfare but he went ahead and said yes. our flights home will be a bit different but that should be ok.
Let the pixie dust begin to fall. That is right up until November 5th. My husband's doctor told him that he should take 30 -60 minute walks every day for his health. He and Shawndell do this pretty much daily with Scarlett in her stroller. While on their morning walk he slipped and fell. The phone call to me went something like this, " I think I may have sprained my ankle pretty bad" I know this is not going to end well. He never calls me at work unless it is something important. So I make the necessary arrangements to leave work and just as I am driving up our street he calls again and says "Honey I think I might need to go to urgent care" long story short he has broken his fibula.
Then a week after that Randy *the son in law* has some guy slam into him while he was sitting in traffic pushing him into the car in front of him. Jeesh this is one lousy month but we are still going.
Lance is healing up and should be able to walk on his leg starting the 30th of December and Randy is ok after a few back adjustments so here we are at 20 days out.
Sure we have 30 people coming for Christmas Dinner, and yeah I have to get the dog his shots and new license before the 20th of Dec, oh and hubbys truck need new tags too by the 24th along with the catalytic converter that has to be replaced for the fourth time (we started that process before the broken leg) the place is having a hard time for some reason. Rather annoying as we have the most common truck in the universe. but I digress
We are just so happy that we have this vacation to look forward to.

I will try to do a decent report while I try to figure my way through the whole magic band stuff and online check in a first for us.
this will be son in law's first trip and we hope he enjoys it.

so pull up a chair and grab you favorite snackies and a sunny d and lets get ready to stuuuummmmbbbllleee er sorry honey cheap shot but just had to take it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
bankr63
DIS Veteran

WooHoo QueenB has a (pre)trippie too! Just saw your link while stumbling over TM/W's report. Well the Christmas presents have started already!! Looking forward to riding along...

Sorry to hear about all the tribulations. It's all His way of making sure you enjoy and appreciate the vacation all the more!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Are you trying to be like Lady H and I? Secretly hide the TR in your signature and see how many realize it's there.

Glad to see you're thinking about doing a TR. I'm really interested to hear about how it goes. Especially with the introduction of Magic Bands and FP+. Ponzi is going in 2015 and if we can swing it, we'll join him out there. You'll be our guinea pigs. Interested to find out if you made any pre-plans yet. I'll stay tuned to see.

Sounds like this vacation is really what you need right now. You will love CBR. This is the first time, and first place, Lady H and I stayed onsite. We really enjoyed it here.

I'm here for the ride.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard folks good to see ya!
Well we have made it to Christmas day. Lance had his cast taken off last week and is now in a boot. He can start walking on it on New Year's eve. Told him he needs to shake a leg to get ready for WDW and be ready to walk 5 plus miles a day (just kidding we are just glad he will be able to walk instead of crutches) He will need to have the boot on until Jan 20th though.
Our truck has finally passed it's smog inspection it took the place 4 tries to get right working part but we got it done,
Today we get to have the family over which is always fun, even if it is a lot of work we are blessed with a great family.
So to all of my disboard family I am wishing you all a Merry Christmas and stay safe folks.
I will post in the next few days about how we are finding our way with pre trip planning and magic bands. suffice it to say that if I can muddle through with these things anyone can. I am not very good at this kind of thing
have a great day

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
Old 12-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Merry Christmas!

I read somewhere you started a PTR. I think the secret is to talk about it, LOL, I never pay much attention to links in siggies...

Anyway, awesome start, you are doing a great job. I'll be along for the ride as well.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Glad to hear Lance is getting better.
Yes, following.
But I seldom comment on PTRs.

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Oh, Geez.
Forgot to mention...

Me? Disser royalty????
Totally flattered that you think so, but I'm pretty sure my following (if you want to call it that) is pretty small.

Unless you're just referring to the fact that I habitually wear a crown.

Yeah, that must be it.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 12-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Unless you're just referring to the fact that I habitually wear a crown.

Yeah, that must be it.
Thumpers??? This calls for a picture!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #10
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Chapter 2:
Well here we are folks. all our bags are packed we're ready to go......
we took Stanley the wonder dog to grandma's house this morning and took her to Red Robin for a quick lunch then the hour trip back to kick back and relax before heading out to the airport tonight for a 12:30 am departure.
We are all so excited. stick boy (the son in law) has never flown so he is a bit nervous but I think he will be ok. lance is getting around much better but I think he will fall behind during the running of the bulls at rope drop.
and yes Ponzi you all are disser royality and we would love a pic in your crown
we are trying to get in on the nebos greatest hits and falls tour but looks like that maybe booked up. you know the one, it takes you to all the cool places where there have been, how should I put this, nebo incidents and for an extra couple of bucks you can even have a meet and greet with the Harley boys as they hose down the pool deck and they recreate how to set up the loungers for maximum trip potential. and you end up with a choice of eating at japan (burning finger on the grill optional) or at the poly (remember to peel that shrimp.
Unfortunatley that tour is all booked up bummer.
have a safe week everyone and I will try to get a tr going as soon as possible when we get back.
our flight home stops in Chicago (don't forget to wave back nebo and smidgy) hope the weather improves getting that flight delayed would not be good since I have to be at work bright and early the day after we get home.
we are al on the same flights going out there but the kids are on a different flight part way on the way back if all goes well we all meet up again in San Franscisco and then down to Ontario International.
take care folks and see ya real soon, I"M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD:yay :

Old 01-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #11
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Too late for you to see this before you leave, but... Just in case you check in

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

thanks ponzie
we made it here and it has been an interesting first day. thought we would get a half day at Hollywood studios but that just did not work out.
btw I think that who ever came up with these magic bands needs to be beaten soundly about the head and shoulders. just saying. but fof now it is off to bed we have been up since 5 am Saturday morning (pacific time) and it is now almost 9 pm east coast time. we will try to make early entry at animal kingdom lodge

Old 01-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #13
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Welcome back Queen Bee. You are back? Or are you conveniently stuck at WDW still? Waiting to hear all about the changes happening at WDW.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #14
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

WE'RE BAAACCCKKKK!!!
I am trying to organize my thoughts and pics, also trying to figure out how to pull them from that memory maker program.
We got off to a rocky start with the magic bands from..... well you get the idea. We pretty much lost the first day of our vacation trying to get them fixed and refixed/
We had record breaking cold temps and record high temps for that time of year while we were there.
Over all it was a good week and I am not the biggest fan of the new tech as it sits now but I can see that once they get the bugs worked out and everyone trained to the same standard it will be ok. I will post an update this weekend and maybe even some pics (you folks know I am not too good at that and if it wasn't for Ponzi you would never see a pic I posted he always has to fix the links for me what a prince. ) so hopefully I will be able to make my pics show up on my own just remember we are new grandparents still and we did have the world's cutest granddaughter with us, oh yeah and those people she lives with too

Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #15
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Welcome back Betsey!
Can't wait to hear (and hopefully see?) all about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: