Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
finchy3
Mouseketeer

A true Disneyland dream.

Hi We're the Thompson's from England.

We were on our second trip to Cali in 2008 and it was the year of a million dreams we had just come off the the Big Thunder Mountain rail road ride at Disney when we were approached by two Disney cast members who asked if we wanted to take part in a competition. We had ony just got in the park and therefore wanted to get on as many rides as possible before it got too busy. I was so close to saying no, I looked at my wife and she gestured to me " why not", I asked the crew members how long it would take and they said about half an hour and led us to the customer services office by the park entrance.

We were shown a DVD of the Disney Dream suite and parade we were in awe ! They then asked if we would like to win the prize and we said " of course !!". They then tod us we had already won it, we were what the British call " gob smacked !! ".

We were driven back to our hotel to collect our things for the night.On our return to the park we were given a tour of the Dream Suite. To try and put into words how awesome this place is would not do it justice, it was beautiful, magical and took our breath away. The crew members then informed us that not only did we have the suite for the night but we also got to be Grand Marshall's of the parade, dinner at the best resturant inside the park, a crystal souvenir bowl, 2008 Mickey's for both the kids, fast passes for the rest of the day and breakfast the following morning with the Disney gang. They then surprised us with a midnight tour of the park once it was closed ( in our dressing gowns and slippers !) and we got to watch the fireworks from the dream suite balcony. We felt like royalty.

However, that was not the end of it. The day before we were due to fly back to England, we were sitting in Downtown Disney (wishing it was not our last day) when we were again approached by two cast members I recognized from last week, they introduced themselves and I said don't you recognize us? We're the Thompson family that won the Disney Dream suite last week. They started laughing and said your not going to believe this but you have won again! We nearly fell off our chairs, we were in total shock the odds of winning once we really long but to win it twice was just plain crazy. All the cast members were being paged at home to be told the amazing news.

So we were whisked back to the hotel again to collect our things and live the Disney dream again. We felt so guilty winning it twice it was so bizarre.

We were given all the same privileges as the first time we won the prize but this time they decided to do something a little special for us as it was our second time. We were given an exclusive tour of the private carriage which Walt DIsney had designed for his beloved wife Lillian. It was breath taking.

Also after winning the 1st time we we're in a shop on Main Street and explained our good fortune to a member of staff, she was delighted to of met a winner of the year of a million dreams. We went back the week after to tell her the crazy story and she was reduced to tears!

We felt we had to share our experiences with you all just to make you aware how special the Disney family made us feel at these times and not only this but we have these wonderful memories to share for the rest of our lives. Thank you Walt Disney and team.
finchy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: