Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Talking BA luggage

On way home today

I know allowed 23kg each but if two people does it make difference if 25kg and 21kg?

Thanks

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Tony Bush
Mouseketeer

Nope - airlines usually average it out across the party

Tony Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
queendisney
DIS Veteran

hopefully they are like Virgin and they told us that we are ok as long as the cases doesn't go over 25kg each on the way home. We have been 25kgs for a few years running and never had a problem.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Actually I thought Virgin had really tightened up on this, that said, I believe they are sensible if it's just over .... You should be fine so long as you're 24-25kg, think ours were but don't hold me to that.
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009,
RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, RCA NYC, Indian Creek Villa & extra night in NYC July 2014

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Actually I thought Virgin had really tightened up on this, that said, I believe they are sensible if it's just over .... You should be fine so long as you're 24-25kg, think ours were but don't hold me to that.
When we checked in last week at MCO the check in bloke said that VA allow 25kg's as the accept that people buy a lot. He also said that they don't average it out. I don't think we have ever managed to come back with all cases on 23g. we had 3 different size cases, 1 was 18kg another was 21kg and the other 25kg. We went out with 2, one weighing 18kg the other 14kg

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #6
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post

When we checked in last week at MCO the check in bloke said that VA allow 25kg's as the accept that people buy a lot. He also said that they don't average it out. I don't think we have ever managed to come back with all cases on 23g. we had 3 different size cases, 1 was 18kg another was 21kg and the other 25kg. We went out with 2, one weighing 18kg the other 14kg
Good to know, that makes sense, I think ours showed 25kg on the scales at MCO and we weren't charged, others were 18kg too. Think like everything else it depends who you get and what mood they're in on the day lol
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009,
RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, RCA NYC, Indian Creek Villa & extra night in NYC July 2014

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Good to know, that makes sense, I think ours showed 25kg on the scales at MCO and we weren't charged, others were 18kg too. Think like everything else it depends who you get and what mood they're in on the day lol

luckily they didn't weigh our hand luggage (which was one bag more then allowed as well as being over the limit) I hadn't realised just HOW MUCH we had bought this time, although not a lot of it seemed to be for me

Old 12-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Too late for the op now but with BA your hand luggage is also 23 so any heavy stuff can be carried on although I wouldn't like to carry on 23,
Old 12-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinburghlass View Post
Too late for the op now but with BA your hand luggage is also 23 so any heavy stuff can be carried on although I wouldn't like to carry on 23,
That's one big bonus of flying BA (and some of the US carriers too). My hand luggage usually consists of camera gear and laptop. It would be a push to get it in at under 20kg. Fine until someone kind and well meaning insists on lifting it into the overhead locker for me

Hope you have a safe flight home Eeyorefan

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We was with virgin, Mine was 27 on the way home last trip in November, and our others was ranging from 14 lol to 21/22 I didn't get charged though luckily!
They also let the boys have 2 extra HL bags between them for toys & me another bag with breakables in it, they was brilliant as we thought we would have to try and shift around some stuff!

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: