Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #1456
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
The wait/dwell time in the FP line should never be longer than the standby line...otherwise it means preference has been given to the standby line.

The question is whether the wait time in FP is longer than it used to be - but since it was never measured before, it would be difficult to say now...
And this is something where I think some people's memories are going to be selective and convenient.

The issue of FP lines at TT was discussed thoroughly in another thread.

For things like TSMM and Soarin, there was always something of a wait to get past the merge point, especially when the parks are busiest. Then you still have to get through the rest of the boarding area to actually get on the ride.

Frankly, if the wait in the FP line is 5-10 minutes longer than it used to be over the Christmas season, I really don't care. There's not much else I would be doing with those 13-30 minutes anyway with the parks that crowded.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #1457
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipHipster View Post
TSMM 65
TOT 50 3:40-4:40
RNRCC 40 6:25-7:25
GMR 15
I hate to go off-topic, since this thread is about Animal Kingdom, , BUT...

Here's something interesting.

I was just playing around with my wife's MDE account (she has an AP), and I am able to book a Toy Story Mania FP+ for anytime after 3:20 today.

It is now 1:45 pm EST, and I'm sure the paper FPs have been long, long, gone. In fact, when has HS ever had paper FPs not run out by 1:45? (Maybe in September.)

Hmmm...what a deal this could be for late sleepers, once HS is FP+ only for all guests.
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #1458
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post

I was just playing around with my wife's MDE account (she has an AP), and I am able to book a Toy Story Mania FP+ for anytime after 3:20 today.
It is now 1:45 pm EST, and I'm sure the paper FPs have been long, long, gone. In fact, when has HS ever had paper FPs not run out by 1:45? (Maybe in September.)

Hmmm...what a deal this could be for late sleepers, once HS is FP+ only for all guests.
It has been like this every day that I have looked so far, including the busiest days over Thanksgiving. I just looked myself and would have been able to make FP+ reservations for today for either TSMM or Soarin with several different times to choose from.

It is impossible to know what this tells us about the future, because, on the one hand, FP+ is still in the transitional stages (although I think all resort guests have been receiving information about FP+). But, on the other hand, with FP- still in place everywhere but AK, and many resort guests still able to "double dip", there is quite a bit of demand on the paper FP supply.

It sure looks like, at least for now, Disney is withholding some FP+ reservations to allow guests some opportunity to make same day selections or changes.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #1459
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
And this is something where I think some people's memories are going to be selective and convenient.

The issue of FP lines at TT was discussed thoroughly in another thread.

For things like TSMM and Soarin, there was always something of a wait to get past the merge point, especially when the parks are busiest. Then you still have to get through the rest of the boarding area to actually get on the ride.

Frankly, if the wait in the FP line is 5-10 minutes longer than it used to be over the Christmas season, I really don't care. There's not much else I would be doing with those 13-30 minutes anyway with the parks that crowded.

Heh I will fight to the end against anyone who thinks Test Track is a good indicator of FP/FP+ wait times...

Many attractions have "post-merge" queues, which is why Disney only measures times up to the merge.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #1460
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I think tomorrow and Monday might be better indicators...I think due to Christmas being mid-week, people might more likely being arriving today and tomorrow, with some of them later yesterday.

And AK is not usually a weekend park for newbies, they all head for MK when they arrive.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #1461
wisblue
DIS Veteran

When you get right down to it, what happens over the next two weeks will be interesting, but really won't tell us that much about the pros and cons of FP+ going forward.

This is far and away the busiest time of the year. Lines are always super long and FPs for the most popular attractions have always run out early. This is not the time of year to visit if your first priority is to do a lot of rides or to ride the most popular attractions multiple times in one day.

Now, if your goal is to enjoy the Christmas decorations and atmosphere around the whole resort, some quality time with family, and (for those of us in the north) some pleasant temperatures, it will be awesome.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #1462
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Currently

TT 70
Soarin 80
Space 85
BTMRR 70
Splash 75
TSM 75
RNR 50
TOT 50

EE 20
Safari 20
Old 12-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #1463
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk2333 View Post
Yes I did ask that ( I'm a guy by the way- pic is of me and my wife). I would never spend that much on a Disney room especially over Christmas. However Disney has plenty of people that do.

My point is that 95% of the time you can get substantial discounts of rooms at Disney- $600 per room is insane but $250 -$300 with the added benefits of staying on property is not insane for us. That being said we rarely stay deluxe, so we usually pay much less than that
The rate my sister is paying is with a discount (I think it was %15?? but not entirely sure). And yeah, I think she's insane for paying that and going that time of year.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1464
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Nvm...my computer was being really weird. I thought I was responding to a recent post.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #1465
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post

Or, it could just mean that there weren't many people who were FP+ eligible there today.

No one can say for sure.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: