Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #121
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
This is an important element:

Some kind of "multiple grouping" would have to come into play at the FP+ kiosks, so that all of the members of a group could get the same FP+ attraction reservations,
and all (each) of the RFID tickets of that group would turn the Mickey head scanner GREEN at the FP entrance.

This could be done in various ways at the kiosks, but it will be a somewhat (!) more complex thing to do... especially with the (anticipated) long lines of guests at each of the FP+ kiosk locations.
So can I get a FP to get into the FP+ kiosk line?

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #122
clsteve
It takes a very long time to become young

Location: Where, if the world ended tomorrow, we wouldn't know for three days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I see it the same way as ADRs are done now. You get an MDE account. In this case for FP, you link a valid ticket. Then you can book 60 days out (or whatever the number is).

I don't think the MBs matter as much because the tickets have the same functionality.
You would think that that they would want some sort of a commitment to go along with the ability to do that, cc#, cancellation fee, something to lock off-site in like on-site after a certain date for their planning purposes and to keep the FP+ pool clean from walking and no-shows. It will be interesting to see.

clsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #123
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Restating the obvious, but day-of/off-site guests will (for the most part) not have a DME account
to which to link FP+ attractions and times.

They will (for the most part) only have their INDIVIDUAL park tickets with RFID chips.

So, once an attraction and time (up to 3 choices) has been determined at the FP+ kiosk,
there will need to be some kind of "hard copy" of the choices and times given to the guest(s.)

Otherwise, how will they remember their attractions and return times?
But wouldn't that bring us back to square one (using paper)?

Call me crazy, but the way I see it, this is essentially how I'm imagining Disney will work in the very near future:

-On site guests will be able to book and plan everything at set points in advance (like now), using the MDE app and website. Off site guests will be able to do the same. Those without internet access at home will need to wait until check-in at their resort, and go to a kiosk in the main lobby where they may select their ADRs and FPs for their trip days. This will also be what those who buy tickets the day of will do.

-In the event your resort does not have a Disney kiosk (off-sites like WBC will, but let's just say the Hilton doesn't), you will need to wait the day of your park arrival to pick your choices. Kiosks will be found throughout the park the same way one would find a barcode/price scanner in a supermarket. Those who do not have a smartphone to access MDE as the day goes on, will need to check in at kiosks to view times for events, or they may issue paper copies with the times listed tagged to your ticket, in the event you drop or misplace it.

Eh? Eh? Anyone else getting that vibe right now? Disney is trying so, so very hard to literally lock you in every second of your trip, no matter where or how you get there.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #124
Liz Z
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
The way I read it, the test doesn't start until Wednesday, so the old FP machines will still be available to you on Monday (and me on Tuesday).
Ought to be an interesting visit~~~~~Thank You for clarifying that for me

Hope you have a "magical" time. Safe journey
It will still be great and full of wonderful memories.
Also hoping that MVMCP will not be too crowded. MNSSHP was crazy crowded when we went in the middle of October

Liz Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #125
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
So can I get a FP to get into the FP+ kiosk line?
I'm not sure how many guests can be served simultaneously at each FP+ kiosk location.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #126
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFL View Post
Actually I'm surprised that this is "news". I was told this by two different CMs....both of whom were NOT impressed with the new system. I mentioned to one of them that I was an AP holder but didn't have a MB yet and were staying off-site this trip....was Disney going to mail my family the bands or should I go by guest services. She said that they were still "working" on that and that I very likely would get them in the mail. I honestly didn't hear ONE positive comment from a CM about the new system and they weren't very guarded in their comments either. The CMs were all cheerful and friendly but when you mentioned the FP+ and MBs their shoulders slumped.
As of right now AP holders can only get MB if they have a on site resort reservation off site guests will eventually get them just not right now.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #127
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Anyone can sign up for an MDE account. You don't have to be staying onsite to have a MDE account. You can link family members and tickets and ADR's but that's it so far. So the possibility of offsite visitors pre-booking could totally happen. This buys into the premise that if you have a ticket in whatever form, you can link them online and pre-book FP+. Glad I'm not going to the parks next year. I just want to get through Christmas and I'll be happy to move on my merry little way.
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Except ADR's just allow the onsite visitor a slight advantage. I see nothing good about trying to make FP+ choices the morning of visit along with 1000's of other visitors.
I don't know that the system would be able to handle it. As we comment here on the boards quite frequently overall WDW computer system/programs are honestly not all that great. I can't say how many times there were reboots and overrides at ADR/FP+ because of the current issues with it. The volume of traffic they currently receive is massive. It will be interesting to see if it makes things any easier when day/offsite guests are standing in a long line at the Guest Services. Then again, WDW may accommodate that by placing CM's out and about in the crowds assisting. It will be interesting to see how things turn out on day 2 since day 1 does not sound like a good day for day/offsite guests to visit.

Just my two cents.

Kelly
Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #128
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure how many guests can be served simultaneously at each FP+ kiosk location.
They are allowing guests to book them using their my Disney experience app as well for this.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #129
Flamingeaux
If I am posting I am at work dreaming about Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent Dragon View Post
I just returned and honestly would not place too much stock in this. There are still a lot of issues with the system and Disney is well aware of the issues. I doubt they are ready to fully implement a broken system yet. I would be shocked if this is true.
Didn't stop Barry and crew did it?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #130
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
They are allowing guests to book them using their my Disney experience app as well for this.
So if you do not have a current account, basically at the kiosk you are signing up for MDE and making the selections?

Hmmm...already the ap is slow with lots of error messages.

Kelly
Old 12-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #131
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Which guests?

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #132
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which guests?
Everyone

Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #133
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which guests?
I put a thread with the information in the news and rumors board.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #134
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Why can't you have an MDE account prior to a trip? I did without booking a trip. Linking your ADRs and Tickets would give you access to FP+ same as AP holders, when they open it to offsite guests. Your ticket is for a certain # of days, so you would lock out after you booked those days up. I think this is probably one of the easier add ons.
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #135
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
This is true.

I don't know that the system would be able to handle it. As we comment here on the boards quite frequently overall WDW computer system/programs are honestly not all that great. I can't say how many times there were reboots and overrides at ADR/FP+ because of the current issues with it. The volume of traffic they currently receive is massive. It will be interesting to see if it makes things any easier when day/offsite guests are standing in a long line at the Guest Services. Then again, WDW may accommodate that by placing CM's out and about in the crowds assisting. It will be interesting to see how things turn out on day 2 since day 1 does not sound like a good day for day/offsite guests to visit.

Just my two cents.

Kelly
This. I am absolutely not running to a kiosk the minute RD happens. I'm going to head for the rides and get as much as I can get done and then when/if the park gets busy, then maybe I'll amble by a kiosk. I really hope this is not permanent. This cannot possibly end well.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: