Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #76
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Princez View Post
My guess, and that's all it is, is that offsite guests will be able to enter a park on day 1 of their trip and pick FP+ for the length of their tickets.
We're mixing up two different discussions concerning off-site resort guests...

What has been announced for next week for FP+ "day-of" at DAK is not the same as what's been forecast for off-site FP+ after the full roll-out.

What will ultimately happen?

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #77
sixxmum
Mouseketeer

*headdesk*

Our trip is 3 weeks out and getting more complicated, it seems, by the second. I'm now realizing I need to buy a different ticket for DS who probably won't ever use the rest of the days on this 10 day no-exp ticket because of the RFID being linked to fingerprints. We have been with fingerprinting several times before, but we sometimes ended up with another person in the group's ticket and it didn't seem to be a problem. Sounds like now it's more efficient.

August 1977 (with Parents) - Fort Wilderness campground
January 2002 - Old Key West
January 2005 - Off site at Westgate
January 2007 - Off site at Vistana
January 2008 - Off site at Vistana
January 2010 - Off site at Vistana
January 2012 - Off site at Vistana
January 2014 - Off site at Vistana
Next trip! - January 2015 - Off site at Vistana
For blog posts about feeding a vegan or multivore family (at WDW and otherwise), visit me at http://theveganasana.com
sixxmum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #78
ckelly14
Lurker

The current Terms of Use specifically says that MYW ticket holders and AP holders will have 60 day access to FP+. So yes, this has been stated officially. Whether or not they change this is going forward....anything is possible.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #79
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo

What has been announced for next week for FP+ "day-of" at DAK is not the same as what's been forecast for off-site FP+ after the full roll-out.

Tick. Tick. Tick.
What have they forecast for off-site FP+ after roll-out? I'm genuinely curious about it and haven't stumbled across that yet. I'd love to give offsite a try, but wonder how that part will work. (Acknowledging, of course, that it is all subject to change...)
My3Princez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #80
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Tick. Tick. Tick.
I thought the original My Disaster Experience plans were:
On site guests 2 or 3 months out.
Annual Passholders - limited to a certain number of uses per quarter
Off site - walk up and use kiosk. There's no way an offsite guest can join MDE.

I don't recall any announcements that pertained to day guests using the FP+ booking in advance. The advance part is basically the only bonus on-site guests have. They already cut the Extra Magic Hours program to the point it's almost useless and raised the prices on the Dining Plans to the point it doesn't really save people money, unless they are planning to eat a lot of unnecessary desserts. Proximity to the parks, buses and early FP+ are the only real benefits of the $1000+ Grand Floridian rooms these days. Oh and "magic."
Old 12-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #81
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
You were maybe only off by a few days, delmar.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...al-kingdom.htm
I totally understand testing a small number of off-site families who can opt out, but this.

I honestly didn't think it could be true. Imagine showing up at AK in the morning, having read a guidebook, visited before, talked to friends, gone on the official Disney site, or even gone on the message boards two days before your Saturday a.m.flight]. You arrive with a good knowledge of legacy fastpass, happy you can still use it, and have your day roughly mapped out and then...all the regular fastpass machines are covered and you are being told that you have to use this new system that isn't user friendly at central kiosks where people are lining up by the droves...

At least they showed a small measure of sanity by starting at AK.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #82
clsteve
It takes a very long time to become young

Location: Where, if the world ended tomorrow, we wouldn't know for three days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
So... do they tell the guy with the truck they don't need it, or what
So Robo, I hate to do this to you - but we need to set a hard deadline of 16 Dec. for a quality map that shows the locations for all the FP+ kiosks at DAK and the quickest route to get to them. You'll get great pageviews on that one.

In the mean time, I'll work on the permit for the smart phone rental booth....

clsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #83
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsteve View Post

In the mean time, I'll work on the permit for the smart phone rental booth....
A ha ha ha ha ha.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #84
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Ok, well if I'm there at RD I'm not heading to a kiosk, I'm heading to the rides and FP- machines. Day of FP+? Are they trying to mess up someone's day? Sheesh.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #85
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
I thought the original My Disaster Experience plans were:
On site guests 2 or 3 months out.
Annual Passholders - limited to a certain number of uses per quarter
Off site - walk up and use kiosk. There's no way an offsite guest can join MDE.

I don't recall any announcements that pertained to day guests using the FP+ booking in advance. The advance part is basically the only bonus on-site guests have. They already cut the Extra Magic Hours program to the point it's almost useless and raised the prices on the Dining Plans to the point it doesn't really save people money, unless they are planning to eat a lot of unnecessary desserts. Proximity to the parks, buses and early FP+ are the only real benefits of the $1000+ Grand Floridian rooms these days. Oh and "magic."
Certainly doesn't say this is Disney's My Disney Experience terms and conditions, but perhaps I am making too much of that...
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #86
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk2333 View Post

They've said all guests will be able to use the system- they've not said anything about how early off siters will be able to book. I'm guessing they will not be able to book as early as people staying on site.
For this test, it makes sense that they have to pick families in the park because how else will Disney know when an offsite person will be taking a trip? That's what I have never been able to guess about the future of this system: Without a resort reservation, how will the Disney system know you're allowed to make FP+ reservations? I guess it could be like ADRs where offsite guests are allowed to make those reservations 60 days out from each day they want reservations.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #87
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

For this test, it makes sense that they have to pick families in the park because how else will Disney know when an offsite person will be taking a trip? That's what I have never been able to guess about the future of this system: Without a resort reservation, how will the Disney system know you're allowed to make FP+ reservations? I guess it could be like ADRs where offsite guests are allowed to make those reservations 60 days out from each day they want reservations.
Or you order tickets ahead of time and type in some code???????
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #88
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

The only day we're doing AK, we didn't plan FP+ since we're hopping over to MK later and using the FP there. Luckily, we're going on Tuesday, so it looks like we may still be able to use FP- if necessary that day. It would have been very interesting to see how it panned out if we were going later in the week though.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #89
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post

To clarify, I am laughing at the gif, not the poor people who are having to deal with this BS on their very expensive vacations.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #90
Miskey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Tink View Post
So, to clarify: You have a "super happy" attitude while at WDW but a nasty, super-combative-for-no-reason, insulting, over-the-top attitude while you are at home. Got it.
Just to clarify, that is a really rude hateful comment. Poster did not say anything about their attitude at home and should not be attacked and ridiculed for saying they will have a good time at Disney regardless of fast pass situation.
Miskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: