Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #796
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I think they honestly thought they'd be past this point already but couldn't delay until after the holiday.
I agree.

But I also think they are hurrying to see if they can keep FP access for longer than 5 minutes at park opening. Running straight ahead into this also runs straight ahead into ride rationing and turning off double dipping.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #797
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I think they honestly thought they'd be past this point already but couldn't delay until after the holiday.
I know that they are behind schedule, but at this point they couldn't just wait another 3 weeks?

We're going to create confusion by eliminating the means by which everyone has obtained FP for years, force all off site guests to go to line up at a kiosk to obtain the new version of FP and do it all without advanced warning. Even better, let's do it when crowds are at the highest they get all year!!!

I hope they get a bonus for their genius.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #798
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordwitt View Post
For the record, I was kidding. Not being a jerk. I really think we need to see how things shake out before we make dismal predictions, but I do appreciate the fact that people are skeptical of the changes. Change is hard enough, but WDW's roll-out hasn't been super suave. Count me among the (minority) who thinks things will be okay in the long run, though.
I don't think you are in the minority at all. For one thing the DIS represents a very small percentage of the total number of people who visit WDW.

Also many who actually like the changes have voiced their opinion here and simply have gotten tired of implied descriptions such as lazy, uninformed, etc. etc. and moved on.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #799
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
For what it's worth, my friend staying at the Swan made FP reservations this morning for today for TSMM and Star Tours.
You do realize that crowds are at a 1 today (according to touringplans) and that everyone is still not on the system? I would hope under those conditions that FP would still be available.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #800
Happy99
DIS Veteran

if this is their way to see how full FP+ will work I am glad they are doing it at AK then say MK or even DHS. Maybe they want to see what happens during one of the busiest times of the year at theme park that has the least amount of locations that FP is really a benefit.

I am hoping that the others are not going this route until after the holidays. This is probably a test to see what other glitches may arise before rolling it out to the other theme parks
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #801
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish Godspeed to all DAK Cast Members this week.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #802
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylevan View Post
You do realize that crowds are at a 1 today (according to touringplans) and that everyone is still not on the system? I would hope under those conditions that FP would still be available.
Again, yes, I do realize that. However, people who are insisting that nothing is being held back are probably wrong, given te fact that you can get a same day TSMM FP+ reservation.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #803
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

So what's the chance of this spreading to the other theme parks before next Weds?

I'm betting that it spreads to DHS and Epcot in time for the holiday week.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #804
baileybrad
and Casey, too!

Perfect summation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
This was initially my biggest disappointment with Disney, before I got drawn into all the other threads. I get where they're going with the MB's and am actually excited about them. But with no word from Disney on what was happening from day to day or week to week with FP-/FP+, that's just not what I expected from the Disney I know. And to just dump these different restrictions on visitors 3 days before they arrive for vacations or worse, while they're down there just seems wrong to me. It just surprises me that a company who's been the standard for excellent customer service for so long could botch something this badly in terms of public relations.

RP - you absolutely nailed our feelings on this issue. People who have different outlooks on this seem to think that those of us who think that Disney has handled this so poorly seem to think that we are somehow anti-Disney. That is not the case.

Just very disappointed that a company that set so many high bars for so long could now think of nothing but how to get us locked in on OUR vacations to the point that we are scheduling rides 60 days in advance.

Last edited by baileybrad; 12-16-2013 at 12:44 PM.
baileybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #805
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
So what's the chance of this spreading to the other theme parks before next Weds?
Ask again on THURSDAY.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #806
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Again, yes, I do realize that. However, people who are insisting that nothing is being held back are probably wrong, given te fact that you can get a same day TSMM FP+ reservation.
It's not held back, if there are FP+ appointments available day of it's because there are either low crowds or they moved an allotment of FP- over to FP+.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #807
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

We're not going until January (and then staying onsite) so really most of this doesn't concern me directly ....but it's like watching a train wreck ....hard to turn away.

Good luck all in Guest Relations this week and anyone going over the holiday!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #808
Peanut Giggleface
Embarrassing my children... just another service I provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylevan View Post
I know that they are behind schedule, but at this point they couldn't just wait another 3 weeks?

We're going to create confusion by eliminating the means by which everyone has obtained FP for years, force all off site guests to go to line up at a kiosk to obtain the new version of FP and do it all without advanced warning. Even better, let's do it when crowds are at the highest they get all year!!!

I hope they get a bonus for their genius.
And what do the guests get for this grand experiment? Oh wait, they get to pay for it!!!
Peanut Giggleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #809
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
We are in the U.S., arriving February 28th, staying in a 2 BR at BLT, booked directly through Disney as a package including tickets and DDP - and no booklet, magnet or flash drive here. I started hearing about all the March-goers getting them and I'm surprised we haven't gotten one. I don't really need it, but still, it's weird. We must not be high priority, lol. I wonder how they decide who to send them to?

BTW, for those with a magnet - is the FP+ day 60 days prior to check in? Can't find that info officially from Disney anywhere. I'm calculating our date to be December 30.
Yes, the date is 60 days prior to the date we arrive.

If we are high priority, it's because they want a lot more money from us. We have a one-day room-only reservation at a moderate under the discounted rate offer, paid for with Visa rewards. We plan to buy and link one-day MK tickets but haven't done so yet.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #810
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
It's not held back, if there are FP+ appointments available day of it's because there are either low crowds or they moved an allotment of FP- over to FP+.
I don't know how you would know that.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: