Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
whatthe
Earning My Ears

Concierge on 4 night or oceanview 7 night?

Right now, we are booked for the fantasy this November (family of 5....kids ages 6,4,1 at time of cruise). We are debating whether to do a 4 night concierge along with 2/3 night in wdw OR stick with the 7 night fantasy cruise going to St.thomas and San Juan. Any input is greatly appreciated! BTW-we are first time cruisers on disney.
whatthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
ChristyBrown
Earning My Ears

My opinion is longer is better! On our 7 night Fantasy cruise the time passed so quickly, and we hated to leave. There were so many things to do and see and 7 nights just wasn't long enough!
ChristyBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I've never done concierge myself but just from what I've read about it I have to say there's nothing about it so good that it would be better than three more nights on board. I would take the longer cruise over the shorter one without hesitation.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Different opinion than most here but I was in the same boat last year and decided 4 night on the "New" Magic...

We were on the Fantasy and when we found out about the new enhancements on the Magic looked into changing ships...

We went from a Verandah on the Fantasy to a 1 bedroom on the Magic... granted it went from a 7 night to 4 night but it saved us 3000+

Because of the switch we are going to be able to do 1 day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - and 1 Night after the cruise Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we still SAVED money...

An extra bonus was that our best family friends were able to afford the 4 night so we added my little brothers best friends which made the 4 night better for us

The kids thought the Dream was VERY VERY crowded in the kids area and are really looking forward to the smaller ship with their best friends especially the Avenger Academy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: