Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #91
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
I tend to agree, ask for a manager before you get up from your table. But the OP was angry and probably wasn't thinking 100% clearly maybe. Either way, a 20 minute additional wait is still ridiculous IMO. That's when the restaurant should have sat them at whatever table was empty. There are always empty tables. They could have bumped the next reservation waiting to the next table available. You don't make someone in this instance wait another 20 minutes to fix your screw up.
That's only if there were any empty tables. We have eaten at Ohanas probably over 15 times now and there is seldom an empty table. Especially as you get closer to Wishes. Of course asking a guest to wait an additional 20 minutes when there are tables available would be ridiculous. However, I'd be willing to bet there were no available tables at that moment. In that case there is nothing more you can do than give them an estimate on when the next table will be available. Who knows, a table may have opened up in 5 minutes, but if the manager told them that and a table wasn't available in the 5 minutes then the guest would be mad about that too. I still believe that once the OP left their table not much could realistically be done to correct the situation if all tables were full, which I have no trouble believing since that place is ALWAYS packed.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #92
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeMack View Post
You overreacted. It is never acceptable to walk out without speaking to management. How do you expect them to correct a problem they aren't aware of?
He spoke to a manager, got her card and was invited back.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #93
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtn View Post
I guess we may be the exception to the rule here.. I had received a 6:45 PM reservation time. When we checked in at the podium every seat in the waiting area was full so expected a horrible wait time.

The hostess gave us the little pager.. We walked to the bar area near the entrance... sat for no more than 10 minutes and the pager lit up. Now perhaps since we were a party of 2 it might have been easier to seat us. We did see lots of groups of 10 to 20+ people and I can see how that would create some seating problems.

Service was not exceptional but was acceptable.. We went with rather low expectations and were pleasantly surprised. Our waiter covered a pretty fair area and was also one of those circulating with the meat skewers. He handled it pretty well. Our total time for the entire meal was about 1 to 1 1/2hours.. Not bad.. We have waited longer than that to be seated and have a meal at a Cracker Barrel at a busy time.

As a previous poster mentioned we were on an aisle table right where the childrens games started. We had NO problem with any parents or kids at all. In fact being on the aisle enabled me to stop any waitperson going by when we needed anything.

Our biggest problem was not skipping lunch that day.. We simply could not do justice to all of the food. I did manage at least a sample of every item and pretty much enjoyed it all. Whatever you do leave room for the dessert.. It was by far the highlight of the whole experience... YUM...
This sounds like our experience right down to the table for two. I'm going back in February so I hope I didn't just jinx it.

We usually sign in and get a drink from the bar - either alcohol or non alcohol - I've never been able to finish my beverage before being seated.

OP - I don't fault you for leaving. I certainly hope they didn't charge you. I bailed on a BOG reservation in November. We checked in and waited and waited. We went to the restroom and peeked at all the diners. We waited some more and there was no where to sit...very few seats for people waiting. I got hungry to the point of searching the bottom of my purse for mints from previous restaurants. My companion got weak feeling from lack of food and standing. We finally couldn't take it anymore and just got counter service. (Okay we had waited maybe 30 minutes!)

But - I don't like to wait and I really have to be in the mood to put up with excessive waits - for me excessive is anything past 15- 20 minutes.

That said, I'm doing both 'Ohana and BOG in February. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Judique; 12-29-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: