Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
sharig5576
momof2boys

Chef Mickey or 1900 Park Faire

I have two boys who will be 7 and 9 when we go to Disney. I'm looking for a dinner our last MK night and have narrowed it down to these two. We've done Chef Mickey for breakfast and dinner before on different trips. I thought 1900 Park Faire would be something different. What are your thoughts? Will boys like it?

We're doing O'Hana and Crystal Palace on this trip also.
sharig5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Quin
DIS Veteran

I think boys are OK with dinner at 1900 PF: they get the Prince as well as Cinderella, and the Wicked Stepmother and Stepsisters are very much in character.

Another option would be to take the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness for dinner at Trails End. This is especially attractive if you are paying oop, because it's a non-character buffet (classic country style food - fried chicken, ribs, etc) at a better price than many other Disney buffets. Whispering Canon Café at the WL might also appeal to boys your age if they like high-energy, high-noise environments. It is also accessible by boat from the MK.

Or since it's your final day, consider a mid-afternoon resort TS lunch instead. Lunch at a resort gives you a little break from the Parks and then allows you to stay in the MK and just eat whenever you want during the evening. On the final night it may be more important to get in one more ride rather than to make it to an ADR. There are some pretty neat lunch options around - Sanaa, Olivia's, Kona, Trails End (a menu at lunchtime, not a buffet), Whispering Canyon, Raglan Road. See what menu might appeal to you most.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

My kids like the food at Chef Mickey better. But I love the stepsisters during dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Who are these students and why are they calling me teacher?

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
brobrosmom
DIS Veteran

We did 1900 PF for dinner this past February. My boys weren't really that into it. The food was just OK and honestly I found the characters to be very rushed. It's not something we would do again. But I am sure there are others with boys that had a different experience. I would give Whispering Canyon a try over going to 1900 PF again.

brobrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharig5576 View Post
I have two boys who will be 7 and 9 when we go to Disney. I'm looking for a dinner our last MK night and have narrowed it down to these two. We've done Chef Mickey for breakfast and dinner before on different trips. I thought 1900 Park Faire would be something different. What are your thoughts? Will boys like it?

We have done both and the step sisters at 1900 PF are hilarious and well worth the trip, IMO, but we found the food disappointing. If you are choosing strictly for the food, I'd go with Chef Mickeys. If it's more for the entertainment, I'd go with 1900 PF. This is just MY opinion, however, as there are some that really dislike the food at Chef Mickeys, but love 1900 PF. With that said, if you've never been to 1900 PF, it might be worth a try as you might really enjoy the food as well as the entertainment. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
livinintexas
Mouseketeer

We just ate at both last week. Chef Mickey's was much better food quality than PF. The character interaction was more fun at PF because they can talk and interact with the guests.

I would go Chef Mickey's. I don't think we will go back to PF- too noisy, average food, and even though the characters were fun, that totals about 5 minutes of the meal!

Our favorite meal of the trip as breakfast at Ohana. It was great in all areas!
livinintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharig5576 View Post

Stick with Chef Mickey's.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
sharig5576
momof2boys

Thank you! I think we'll do Chef Mickey. I love it there
sharig5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Chef Mickey's
Old 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
bliscum
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickey's also.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Fishaiden
Earning My Ears

My kids insist on Chef Mickey's every trip. Food is just OK but kids have a blast.
Fishaiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: