Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
primetime
Earning My Ears

Perks of booking at a disney resort hotel

We are traveling to disney world in mid Feb for our honeymoon. Looking at the package deals, we stand to save $500 if we book the Cornando springs disney resort hotel using hotels.com instead of going through disney online. Even with the 20% off "speical", the same exact room appears to be had for cheaper booking on our own.

If we purchase just the tickets on the disney site, and book the hotel ourself, what perks are we losing out on? We would not be getting the meal plan.

Can we still get fast pass +, extended park hours, magic bands, etc, or is this only available if we have a registration number obtained from the disney agent or disney website booking for the disney resort hotel.
primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
We are traveling to disney world in mid Feb for our honeymoon. Looking at the package deals, we stand to save $500 if we book the Cornando springs disney resort hotel using hotels.com instead of going through disney online. Even with the 20% off "speical", the same exact room appears to be had for cheaper booking on our own.

If we purchase just the tickets on the disney site, and book the hotel ourself, what perks are we losing out on? We would not be getting the meal plan.

Can we still get fast pass +, extended park hours, magic bands, etc, or is this only available if we have a registration number obtained from the disney agent or disney website booking for the disney resort hotel.
If you book the reservation yourself, then you are in control of it. Disney will talk to you if you want to make changes. If you book through a travel agent then you have to go through the travel agent if you want to make any changes. I would definitely book it myself if the price is lower. And if you book through a travel agent you have to pay in full while if you book a room only reservation through Disney, you only have to pay a deposit of one day's room cost. The rest isn't due until check it.

And far as MB's, fp+, etc, if you stay in a WDW resort, no matter who you use to book the reservation, you get all the benefits - the MB's, the fp+, the EMH.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
primetime
Earning My Ears

Awesome!

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
primetime
Earning My Ears

Reservation booked through the Disney site and confirmation number received!Is there a place on the Disney experience website where we can indicate that we are "just married" or honeymooners? I called in to the customer service and let them know, and also that we would like to receive the "happily ever after" buttons.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
Reservation booked through the Disney site and confirmation number received!Is there a place on the Disney experience website where we can indicate that we are "just married" or honeymooners? I called in to the customer service and let them know, and also that we would like to receive the "happily ever after" buttons.
You can just ask for those when you check in; you don't have to request them ahead of time.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: