Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #76
kevin harrison
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Well said that man!
Thanks, people where I work will get Xmas day off and have to be back at 6am Boxing day or starting at 2pm - 10pm Boxing day.

To hear public workers moan about their tough life, shows a complete lack of touch with the real world where people earn £6.31 an hour and cannot afford a pension. Many dream of being able to even retire at 68.

My heart sobs for teachers employment packages and to be fair many public sector workers.

Again for the people who struggle to read the whole of my posts..

"Teachers do an excellent job, of this there is no doubt"
Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #77
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchmad View Post
my parents and i are going out for an indian this evening. I'm not sure wayne will be able to relax with such fierce debate in this thread. Tweet in case of emergency.
:0)
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #78
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
I know that the private sector has been shafted but the current government is trying to pitch us against each other to deflect from the real issues. I will continue to fight for the pension that was promised me when I qualified. I would say that the private sector did traditionally benefit from the prospect of higher salaries, company cars, bonuses etc - things which were compensated for by our pensions.

We shouldn't be happy that both sectors are losing out.
Some profession in the private sector yes, many professionals in the private sector earn on a par or less than teachers and had their pensions raided years ago.

I'm not saying it is right to raid public sector pensions but i do think it is necessary. The UK is the only country in the world that has final salary schemes and they are unsustainable financially. The country is broke and needs to cut its cloth accordingly. That means a tough time for us all not just the private sector I think it is right and fair that this time the public sector also takes some of the pain when they were largely immune from the last couple of major recessions.

Pension at 68 is a fact of life across the whole of Europe with ageing populations and falling birth rates we should think ourselves lucky we are not our children as they will have it much much harder than we do now.

As for the other points my contract is for 35 hours but I have no limit on my working hours and regularly work 7 day weeks. I frequently spend weekends flying to where I need to spend my working week and fly home the following weekend. Performance related pay is a fact of life and has been for my last 20 professional years and I don't see why teachers should be exempt everyone even the kids can tell a good teacher from a bad one and performance is always measurable.

Many teacher do an excellent job, some do an awful job they are human like every other profession but as a profession they do need to enter the real work and limit their expectations to what is realistic in a country that is fiscally broke.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #79
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

This thread has veered completely away from the original question and, to that end, I think it is time for it to come to a close :-)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: