Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #76
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Ok, now, I do remember the parts with Clint Eastwood and John Wayne, thx for the reminder, lol! Now is there more of a show there? I'm having such a mind blank, lol, but I do remember then mentioning Eastwood and Wayne, I don't remember anything else! Who knew I was missing something?!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #77
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins View Post
Ok, now, I do remember the parts with Clint Eastwood and John Wayne, thx for the reminder, lol! Now is there more of a show there? I'm having such a mind blank, lol, but I do remember then mentioning Eastwood and Wayne, I don't remember anything else! Who knew I was missing something?!
If you typically experience the shootout in the gangster scene (where the gangster "takes over" the ride vehicle), then you just drive quickly through the western scene immediately after.

However, at the same time the gangster shootout is going on, there is a parallel one happening in the western scene (instead with a bandit taking over the ride vehicle). Guests in the first train of two cars see the western shootout (complete with fire effects), while guests in the second train see the gangster shootout.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #78
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

You are quick, mesaboy2! Thank you! Well, I must have seen the bandit scene at some time during all the times we've been there, your description sounds a bit familiar for sure, but it's definitely been a long time. Thanks! Now I'm hoping next visit we get the western scene! I've gotta ask my daughter, too, maybe she remembers it better than I do.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 AM   #79
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins View Post
You are quick, mesaboy2! Thank you! Well, I must have seen the bandit scene at some time during all the times we've been there, your description sounds a bit familiar for sure, but it's definitely been a long time. Thanks! Now I'm hoping next visit we get the western scene! I've gotta ask my daughter, too, maybe she remembers it better than I do.
If it's running, you can certainly ask for it. You'll want to board the front train, on the right as you enter the boarding area.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #80
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Oh, ok, cool! I gotta put this in my bits of notes/info I gather over the year, lol, so I remember! Interesting, too, I don't recall going up to the front car at all - as far as I can remember, I get in the first car of the second set of cars, never up close to that colorful marquis. So, got a mission next vacay, thanks for the tips!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #81
KevinCG316
Mouseketeer

Ive been on the front and back train plenty of times over the last several years. Each time I saw the gangster scene. When we go in Feb im asking and waiting for the western scene.
KevinCG316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #82
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCG316 View Post
Ive been on the front and back train plenty of times over the last several years. Each time I saw the gangster scene. When we go in Feb im asking and waiting for the western scene.
There isn't room for both ride vehicles in either the western or gangster scene. The first ride vehicle, itself comprised of two large cars, always stops in the western scene while its twin behind it stops in the gangster scene. When capacity is not an issue, it's not unusual for only the gangster scene to be running--apparently it's cheaper than the western scene due to the fire effects.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #83
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
There isn't room for both ride vehicles in either the western or gangster scene. The first ride vehicle, itself comprised of two large cars, always stops in the western scene while its twin behind it stops in the gangster scene. When capacity is not an issue, it's not unusual for only the gangster scene to be running--apparently it's cheaper than the western scene due to the fire effects.
I'm pretty sure the PP was referring to the front/back car of the Gangster vehicle (as each vehicle has 2 cars).
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: