Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
gavvy
DIS Veteran

Just back - my Highs n lows

Hi

Its 2 am in a cold South wales As I write this, I have jet lag and cant sleep so thought I would post here!

My trip was Nov23- Dec 6th so over thanksgiving, We were expecting crowds thanksgiving week but even so found the Disney parks much more busy that previous years.

We stayed at the gatwick premier inn north before the flight- 3rd time staying there and this time the room was not up to scratch :-( - the heating is part of the air con system and was very noised- sounded like water was running, kept us awake most the night and was too cold to turn off- though I did in the end, reception were not very friendly when I told them so have sent a email to premier inn.

Vigrin were the usual Average- got us there on time - expect I end up with a Kosher meal every time I fly Virgin - nobody seems to know why! they not bad though so cant complain!

Highlights were - KSC- The new Atalntis exibit is amazing and worth the admission price alone, this was the first time I did not book an extra tour, and even so ended up missing lots- its really a 2 day part know if you want to take it all in but because of the drive it puts us off going back.

The staff at universal seem to be on the ball these days - parks were very clean and everyone went out of their way to help us, We stayed 1 night at RPR on thanksgiving so we got the express- was well worth it.

EPCOT holiday tag to illuminations - amazing

Stayed at POP also - we love it here - noddyland we call it lol, good value and the bar staff reconised us from last year..... we drink too much lol.

Lows

Disney is getting expensive - the imported beer in epcot is now $8.50 ouch!

Magic bands were a complete pain- POP no longer issue room keys so you are forced to use the band- but its still in testing.. Was locked out of the room 3 times, I have to take the band off to gain access to the resort at the security barrier as my watch gets in the way and stops contact with the barrier - none of my fastpases i reserved would work at the ride gate- had to show the app and get them overridden- The CM as Space mountain almost had a meltdown with me and went on a rant- was going to complaint about him as he was probably the first rude CM i have ever seen.... But I can see his viewpoint- he must get it in the neck every day with the glitches in the system! in the end we did not complain as its not his fault, it seems to me though that the whole system is badly thought out- will be interesting to see where it goes next year!

Overall Though a good trip - Disney was bonkers busy and the other parks empty! cant wait to go back in May!
gavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
RDP
DIS Veteran

Sounds great! Can't wait for my next Disney fix!
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: