Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post

I'll be on the Fantasy next week and have a couple of questions: (1) was Aquaduck open when you first get on board before muster drill? (2) did you notice if any kids had the new magic bands for the kids club? (3) what day was the deck the deck party? (4) did they have any dessert treats on a morning at sea?
Just off Fantasy also. Aquaduck was open, but too cold for most. No magic bands for kids clubs. I may have missed it, but no deck the deck party that I know of. Dessert treats? Can you be more specific?

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyne3 View Post
Thanks for all this information! Very much appreciated! Our cruise is next week and we are so excited!!

Tell me more about the Royal Tea.

What would the total be for 1 adult and 2 kids?

Does the photographer take lots of pictures with the princesses? Will this tea give us all our princess fix....meaning we will be able to skip the princess meet and greets cause we can see them all at the tea and take photos with them all??

Do the characters also sign the autograph book?

This sounds spendy, but I would pay the price to avoid standing in any more lines than I have to.
It is $279 for 1 adult and 1 child, and each additional child is $210. So total for the three would be $489.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #18
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
I'll be on the Fantasy next week and have a couple of questions: (1) was Aquaduck open when you first get on board before muster drill? (2) did you notice if any kids had the new magic bands for the kids club? (3) what day was the deck the deck party? (4) did they have any dessert treats on a morning at sea?
Aquaduck was open but closed for Muster drill.
No new magic bands at kids club- same GPS trackers as last year. No plans to bring Magic bands in anytime soon apparently.
Deck party- I assume you mean the Pirate party? It was the day we were in St. Maarten (tuesday.
I don't eat dessert for breakfast, so I wasn't looking but certainly I don't remember seeing anything other than donuts at breakfast.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyne3 View Post
Thanks for all this information! Very much appreciated! Our cruise is next week and we are so excited!!

Tell me more about the Royal Tea.

What would the total be for 1 adult and 2 kids?

Does the photographer take lots of pictures with the princesses? Will this tea give us all our princess fix....meaning we will be able to skip the princess meet and greets cause we can see them all at the tea and take photos with them all??

Do the characters also sign the autograph book?

This sounds spendy, but I would pay the price to avoid standing in any more lines than I have to.
Royal Tea was AMAZING.
Cost for me and my son was $279.
Here is the rundown of what happened.....
When we arrived (it was on a PORT day so be forewarned....) at 3pm my son was given a card with his name on it. He passed his card to the Royal Caller who announced his arrival as "Prince Thomas" and he was formally presented to Lady Chamomile and then taken to his seat by the Royal Court.
We were seated with another family at our table. Apparently they limit seating so as to make the experience very enjoyable for each child.
At his place setting was a Duffy bear, sword, shield, autograph book, Disney pen, special name sugar cookie and lanyard. The children and adults were served fruit tea (caffeine free) and a small plate of scones (6 total for the table) and finger sandwiches (about 10 total if memory serves). Lady Chamomile and Chef Gaston did a whole song and dance that the children loved.
Then the princesses were introduced one by one. With each arrival the children got a small gift. The princesses visited each child individually, spoke to them for a few minutes, signed their autograph books and had photos taken by the Shutters photographers. We had Cinderella, Princess Bella and Princess Tiana. Then the children joined in a dance with the characters. After this the Royal Servers delivered specialty cupcakes for the children and chocolate dipped marshmallows. At the end the children were all invited to pose for a formal pic with the three princesses. The next day a beautiful framed 8x10 photo of my son with the three princesses appeared in our stateroom.

Was it worth it? For kids- definitely. For the adult- it wasn't worth it as all I got was a cup of tea and one scone but the experience was worth the price of admission.
My son was one of only 2 boys and there were 10 little girls. The girls got American Girl princess dolls, autograph books and music boxes.
If you hate the character lines and want your child to have an individual meet and greet that lasts more than 30 seconds, you get to kill 3 birds with one stone and have a fantastic memory and great pics for the cost.
Would I do it again- not as a repeat experience, but I would definitely recommend for a first timer.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame View Post
When did they do the gingerbread house making? Do you need to sign up in advance or is it something you just show up for? We leave next Saturday!!
Gingerbread was Sunday morning. With the time change on the Eastern Caribbean though it means more like an 8am start than 9am.
It was included for my kids as we were in concierge, so I can't tell you anything about the cost of it or how to sign up for it.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #21
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada View Post
Aquaduck was open but closed for Muster drill. No new magic bands at kids club- same GPS trackers as last year. No plans to bring Magic bands in anytime soon apparently. Deck party- I assume you mean the Pirate party? It was the day we were in St. Maarten (tuesday. I don't eat dessert for breakfast, so I wasn't looking but certainly I don't remember seeing anything other than donuts at breakfast.
Thanks for the information! We went on a Christmas cruise several years ago on the Magic and they had a dessert buffet on Christmas Day. I was just wondering if they had the same thing on all of the holiday cruises. The deck the deck party is supposed to be on all holiday cruises as well but not sure what time period is considered "holiday".
Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

According to my Navigators from last week:

King Triton's Tree Lighting Decree was at 7:30 on Saturday.

I can find nothing about Deck the Deck, but my Monday hourly schedule is missing for some reason. I have all other Navigators, though.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
phinz
12 Volt Man

FWIW, they didn't turn the boat around on the last sea day to go to Turks & Caicos. They just diverted our path. T&C was between us and CC when the emergency came up. I sat on our verandah watching for a while as we approached Grand Turk, but wasn't able to stick around and watch them launch the lifeboat that took the patient ashore.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #24
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
we recently came off of a two week b2b and we had pretzels every day. they were at the pizza station place. they had melted butter and cinnamon sugar out so you could flavor them up. they were in the shape of mickey heads and were very good.
Oooohhhh, now that makes sense. I was thinking regular old crunchy pretzels. Thought it was a strange thing to be excited about.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #25
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Just off Fantasy also. Aquaduck was open, but too cold for most.
Interesting, I guess I never thought of this, is the Aquaduck heated? I assumed that both it and the pools would be.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
phinz
12 Volt Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
Interesting, I guess I never thought of this, is the Aquaduck heated? I assumed that both it and the pools would be.
The wind was pretty strong the first two days, including in port, so it didn't matter if Aquaduck was heated or not. You have to stand out in the open, and then the wind pushes up through the funnel once you're out of the direct wind. It was chilly while I stood in the line before muster, and there were kids who had done it a couple of times who were shivering.

I don't remember if the Bridge Report gave the temperature of Aquaduck or not, but the different pool temps were definitely reported on the Bridge Report screen, and the temperature tended to be around 79-82* F.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #27
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When did they do the gingerbread house making? Do you need to sign up in advance or is it something you just show up for? We leave next Saturday!!
Not the OP, however I can chime in as I just got off the Dream yesterday!

You will need to register at Guest Services (I'd suggest as soon as you board) and then you'll be given the times available and then you'll be issued a ticket. You'll present the ticket when you enter Animators for the fun!

I also did this last December on the Fantasy with my Mom last year and it worked the same way, however I'm not sure when it was offered or if they've changed the times since it's been a year.

It's a great time - have fun!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #28
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Can someone with Navigators from the Fantasy cruise last week look and see for sure if the gingerbread house making is on Sunday or Monday?

I'm trying to make a list of all I have to sign up for once on board, trying to balance that with our Palo/Remy brunch reservations. As much as I can plan in advance the better.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #29
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl
Pretzels on the last sea day? My husband loves pretzels, but I think I am missing something here.
I think the OP is referring to the cream cheese stuffed pretzels that are out of this world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #30
phinz
12 Volt Man

Quote:
Can someone with Navigators from the Fantasy cruise last week look and see for sure if the gingerbread house making is on Sunday or Monday?

I'm trying to make a list of all I have to sign up for once on board, trying to balance that with our Palo/Remy brunch reservations. As much as I can plan in advance the better.
My wife's was scheduled for Sunday at 9 am. She didn't make it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: