Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Minniemoomoo
Mouseketeer

Disney Magic December 4 Trip

So we just returned from our cruise aboard the Disney Magic from Miami.
I will begin by saying that we enjoyed our cruise very much. The weather was perfect and we had fantastic a fantastic room host as well as dining host. We couldn't have been more pleased. The only issue we did have and we still don't understand was that we had to meet with costume officials at 7:15 am on our arrival morning at Key West, as we were told this was a requirement because this was our first entry into the US. Well fine, but 7:15 seemed terribly early to get up to do this as well as the fact that we also had to get up early the next morning to leave the ship. With that being said, it was implied that we would not be required to do this whole process again as we do in Port Canaveral on arrival as we had "already done this". We didn't even receive a custom form in our stateroom the night before as usual. I really felt for the folks who weren't even getting off the ship in Key West. Many folks were grumpy and tired that day on the ship. But..... on our arrival in Miami we still had to go before the customs officer and fill out the form that wasn't given to us until we arrived downstairs to pick up our luggage then we had to fill it all out. There were many folks doing the same thing and all of us wondering why we had to do this the day before as well.... So... be prepared folks. As much as I had read about leaving out of Miami somewhere I missed this whole plan. This only happens if you go to a US city prior to disembarking. So, we have cancelled our plans to sail out of Miami again with the stop at Key West. We were so tired we didn't enjoy our day there.
Otherwise, it was a very nice cruise. I just wish I had know about this rather than feeling like it was handed to me last minute.
Minniemoomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Hmmm.....

When we sailed out of Miami last January, we didn't have to do that.
Ours was a 4 night stopped in Key West, Nassau and CC.
Maybe because we did Key West first.

But I remember on our first DCL cruise in 2002 we had to get up and do that on the Eastern Carribean itinerary.
They were waiting on one family that morning who they couldn't rouse. It was funny to see them with their passports running down the hall in their PJ's when they finally woke them.
Its really bizarre that they do that, maybe someone else knows the reason.
Glad you had a good time.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: