Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #46
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
I'm sure we will be back at some point. right now, i just don't have a desire to go. Im looking at maybe doing a disney cruise (because I've heard so many wonderful things about them and it seems a little more relaxed, which is probably better for my family at this point) thanks for all of your comments!
Sorry to hear about your problems with your latest trip. Cruising with Disney can be an excellent alternative. Having completed 10 Disney cruises over the last 10 years, with 4 more scheduled, we have nothing but high praise for cruising on Mickey's . We've found that a Disney cruise can be a relaxing & enjoyable family vacation (we still hit the parks for a few days before & after each cruise).
That being said, just know that Disney heavily advertises their cruises as a sort of "perfect" family vacation. But things can happen, while our cruises have been truly wonderful, we have read on the cruise boards that some folks have had less than magical cruises. We still get goose bumps when we hear the ships horn, blasting "When You Wish Upon a Star" as we head out to sea.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #47
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
LOl because this is the Dis. It is like the Emerald city, people don't want to hear any thing bad every happens in the emerald city.
I have no problem hearing about what Disney does wrong. But many people don't understand that Resort Airline Check-In is NOT Disney. It is essentially a remote of the airport. Disney has nothing to do with if someone can check their bags in at the resort or not. The only thing they could have done is helped the OP get their bags from their room to the desk, and then out to the bus. Disney can't force the airlines to accept bags.

I also find it aggravating when someone complains about not getting their room requests met. They are requests, they are not guaranteed. I've not gotten mine enough to learn that you need to be happy when you get them, and not expect them in any way, shape, or form. Again, Disney did nothing wrong.
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #48
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

I for one am glad to say im not the only one seeing disney falling off the top tier as well. Maybe again it was just Nov 2013 since that is when i was there and a lot of CM was below par!

As far as one big post yea was fun but got thought it ;P I personally wont say anthing about grammer just reading this u will know why! I posted a while back on my trip about a not so nice cm at BLT and well most didnt like that either so if you come on here with negitive just dismiss all the one saying it is your fault! Yes disney cant fix all problems but cut then down and make it better.

Yes i had MB and FF+ liked both had few issues mostly operator errors! (yea my wife goofed up a few times on iphone) But i went over to CM in blue shirt and Poof all fixed.

YES disney dining service has gone WAY DOWN hill! or it was just parties of 6 or more. i thought. LE cell was not even on our reservations and steaks have gone way down there i think as well from last trip 2 years ago!

i know after each trip i think to myself or talk with wife about it for the cost and what she buys on trip (trinkets and trash!) cost is WAY to much but its vacation! not going to be cheap but should be some what taken care of!

Dont let the other get you down about your post! i know how you feel! Better luck next time! And think of the positive stuff that happened not the negative! That is what i Think about
cavesrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #49
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I can't even read your post with no paragraphs or sentence breaks.
What he/she said!
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #50
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

OP - I can relate to your post a lot. We just got home on December 4 from a 5-night trip. I told my husband while we were there that this time was the grouchiest encountered CMs in the 12+ times we have been over about 6 years. I one CM literally yell at a guest when he was frantically trying to pull up the lap bar on space mountain to make sure it was secure. I saw another CM practically yell at guests on a few other occasions. We also encountered a lack of happiness in general while we were there - including guests to CMs. Both ways, just sad to see. I've noticed a downgrade in the past few years. DH reminded me it was the holidays and probably many CMs are wishing they could be home. He is right, but still sad to see. Despite this, we will continue to return and hope our next trip is redeemable from this one. This trip was terrible for multiple reasons and not just disney's fault (we both got pretty nasty stomach bugs on our last 2 nights in addition to leaving for this trip in a pretty unexpected crappy situation). I have faith in disney

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #51
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney View Post
What he/she said!
What they said!!!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #52
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney View Post
What he/she said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
What they said!!!
What They and THEY said !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #53
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
What They and THEY said !
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #54
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

"Tell me what'd I say right now..hey hey,tell me what'd I say...see the girl with the diamond ring,she knows how to shake that thing,all right now now,hey hey..alllright.....
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #55
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your disappointing trip, OP!

We just got back from our Thanksgiving week trip and overall had a wonderful time, We encountered some really great CMs.

The only CMs were really had any issue with were a few photopass photographers who seemed annoyed that we were bothering them for a photo and put no effort into it. But we did have a few other PP Cms who made up for it with their fun energy. Housekeeping forgot our room one day, we called and they sent someone down within minutes to take care of things.

Hope your next trip is better!
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #56
meredith1
DIS Veteran

That sucks. I wonder if it's just time for a break? I'm not a crazed Disney fan...every two, three or four years is good for me and after my kids get older, we will find other places to experience. Disney is just to expensive to limit yourself on just that vacation-to much else out there to enjoy.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #57
Preston Chatsworth
Earning My Ears

I think that after you go so many times to Disney, it is inevitable that the magic will fade (especially for us adults). Give it a couple of years and then go back.
Preston Chatsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #58
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post

It seems to be evident, IME, that every vacation to WDW sees a further slip away from the quality vacation that we used to be able to rely upon. It is so very sad.

I also think that the more frequently you go, the more the magic wears off and the more likely you are to encounter negative experiences. I noticed things on our last few trips that i would not have noticed on our first 3 trips. In fact, looking back, there were things that went wrong on our first 3 trips that did not phase me one bit, because I was so blissed out that I was so lucky to be at WDW in the first place. I'll admit, I've gotten spoiled. The first trip was once-in-a-lifetime, but then there was another...and another...and another. It's just impossible to retain that magic the same way from the first trip to the tenth. You start to notice small nicks in the armor, and I think eventually, you're maybe not-so-consciously looking for what is different/declined/not as good. Just think about it...you see LOTS of disappointed trip reports from repeat visitors, but first timers tend to post ecstatic trip reports. Yes, they don't know what they are missing and that plays into their euphoria, but they also are on a high of achieving the dream of getting to Disney in the first place. That euphoria eventually wears off, and when it does, it's time to take a good few years off. We did, and the thrill came back. After this upcoming trip, we've decided to take a few years off again, not because we have been disappointed, but to avoid being disappointed.

Also, the more you go, the greater the odds are that something will go wrong. The odds of something going wrong or something negative happening are greater if your total number of visits in your lifetime is 100 days than they are if your total number of visits (days) is 10.

I don't mean to discredit OP at all.

OP, did you stay at Wilderness Lodge?

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge October 2014 DISNEYLAND PARIS HALLOWEEN! Oh Mon Dieu!!!!

Last edited by Violet Parr; 12-10-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #59
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Parr View Post
I also think that the more frequently you go, the more the magic wears off and the more likely you are to encounter negative experiences. I noticed things on our last few trips that i would not have noticed on our first 3 trips. In fact, looking back, there were things that went wrong on our first 3 trips that did not phase me one bit, because I was so blissed out that I was so lucky to be at WDW in the first place. I'll admit, I've gotten spoiled. The first trip was once-in-a-lifetime, but then there was another...and another...and another. It's just impossible to retain that magic the same way from the first trip to the tenth. You start to notice small nicks in the armor, and I think eventually, you're maybe not-so-consciously looking for what is different/declined/not as good. Just think about it...you see LOTS of disappointed trip reports from repeat visitors, but first timers tend to post ecstatic trip reports. Yes, they don't know what they are missing and that plays into their euphoria, but they also are on a high of achieving the dream of getting to Disney in the first place. That euphoria eventually wears off, and when it does, it's time to take a good few years off. We did, and the thrill came back. After this upcoming trip, we've decided to take a few years off again, not because we have been disappointed, but to avoid being disappointed.

Also, the more you go, the greater the odds are that something will go wrong. The odds of something going wrong or something negative happening are greater if your total number of visits in your lifetime is 100 days than they are if your total number of visits (days) is 10.

I don't mean to discredit OP at all.

OP, did you stay at Wilderness Lodge?

VP
I 100% agree with this. We go every year, and when you go often, you are more apt to take in details I think. Therefore, you are more likely to notice issues.

When I was there in Sept (after having been there in April this year too), issues like Blackbeard not being projected on POTC and the main carnatosaur being missing on dinosaur really stood out to me. But, my friend who was there at the same time didn't notice because she didn't know to be looking for those things.

Absence makes the heart to fonder....and I believe that's true. Even with Disney. We aren't taking a break anytime soon, because our children are young, we still love Disney and still have an overall awesome time! The imperfections have kind of become a game now, in pointing them out.

DH was going crazy over the speaker for Bret rabbit that was tweaking out in Splash mountain....it sounded soooo bad....but some probably didn't notice it. By our next trip, it was fixed.

Nothing is perfect, not even Disney.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #60
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I also agree with VP and mousemommy, the more you go it does fizzle a bit.

I have had two terrible trips in a row 2008 & 2009. The first one 2008 my mom came along never again will I go with family. It was miserable but that wasn't Disney's fault. 2009 we had financial issues but decided we worked hard all year and we would still go. I think I had a touch of depression about said financial issues because I was miserable that trip thinking about the money we spent that I could have put toward something more important instead of relaxing and enjoying our vacation. 2009 trip hated the crowds felt ripped off hated rude pushy guests. Miserable!!! Once again not Disney's fault, my attitude sucked and I was miserable so every thing around me was miserable.

But 2010 we became DVC and financial issues are gone and I have had 5 awesome wonderful trips since then. I really think it is attitude and where you are in your life.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: