Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
dansdad
DIS Veteran

No KTTW now expanding to All Stars

From WDWMagic
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...ar-resorts.htm

Following the most recent test at Disney's Pop Century Resort,
Key to the World cards will no longer be given to guests at check-in at the All Star Resorts.

The change begins today (Dec. 2) at Disney's All Star Sports,
December 4 at All Star Music, and
December 6 2013 at All Star Movies.
The program will also continue at Disney's Pop Century Resort.

All guests will receive a MagicBand, but a Key to the World card can be requested.
However, it will not have an active magnetic strip,
meaning it cannot be used for regular FASTPASS,
but can be used in place of, or in addition to a MagicBand.

I saw this posted on the Theme Park board and wanted to add it here since it directly affects guests of the All Star Resorts.

Last edited by dansdad; 12-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
From WDWMagic http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...ar-resorts.htm Following the most recent test at Disney's Pop Century Resort, Key to the World cards will no longer be given to guests at check-in at the All Star Resorts. The change begins today (Dec. 2) at Disney's All Star Sports, December 4 at All Star Music, and December 6 2013 at All Star Movies. The program will also continue at Disney's Pop Century Resort. All guests will receive a MagicBand, but a Key to the World card can be requested. However, it will not have an active magnetic strip, meaning it cannot be used for regular FASTPASS, but can be used in place of, or in addition to a MagicBand. I saw this posted on the Theme Park board and wanted to add it here since it directly affects guests of the All Star Resorts.
You can still ask for an RFID card which is just like the KTTW card. Disney want magic bands to be the default not the cards.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
You can still ask for an RFID card which is just like the KTTW card. Disney want magic bands to be the default not the cards.
Right, but the problem is that the card you get will not allow you to pull any legacy FPs. You can only use FP+. You are only allowed 3 FP+ per day, at 1 park per day, and they are tiered at DHS and Epcot. So you can only get Soaring OR Test Track for the same day in Epcot. And you can only get Tower of Terror OR Rock and Roller Coaster in DHS. Yet anybody staying at any other resort beside any All Stars or Pop can pull legacy FPs along with the 3 FP+.

Some people that had reservations at Pop did switch resorts once Pop went to the KTTW cards without the ability to pull legacy FPs.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Right, but the problem is that the card you get will not allow you to pull any legacy FPs. You can only use FP+. You are only allowed 3 FP+ per day, at 1 park per day, and they are tiered at DHS and Epcot. So you can only get Soaring OR Test Track for the same day in Epcot. And you can only get Tower of Terror OR Rock and Roller Coaster in DHS. Yet anybody staying at any other resort beside any All Stars or Pop can pull legacy FPs along with the 3 FP+. Some people that had reservations at Pop did switch resorts once Pop went to the KTTW cards without the ability to pull legacy FPs.
Eventually legacy FP will be gone so its only for a short bit of time before every resort is pushed onto FP+ and no more double dipping.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Eventually legacy FP will be gone so its only for a short bit of time before every resort is pushed onto FP+ and no more double dipping.
Yup.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
ksgind70
Earning My Ears

kttw/fp

fwiw.... Just got off the phone with Disney. Was going to switch to AOA to be able to get regular FP. (background...only going overnight 12/26 to 12/27 while in FLA to visit family) FP+ really won't work for us considering weather/crowds, etc, so we scheduled at all star sports to be able to use just regular FP and hop between parks. CM claims that AOA is issuing KTTW cards, but they will not work for regular FP. Asked what resorts would that work with...She claimed none. Asked if we detatched our tix from our reservation and just bought at the gate, could we then use regular FP. Said she didn't think so (really? c'mon), but transferred me to ticketing, (at work so cannot wait the 15+ min on hold right now for them)... Sadly this is becoming far more of a hassle than I would have thought possible. Asked CM if they even thought of how this will impact the "day trippers" I have no problem with 3 FP a day, but want to be able to use across parks, our last trip we ditched the hoppers as it made no sense to pay more to hop when we were locked into FP+ at one park. And yes, I suppose I could wait in an hour or more of a line, but I only have 48 hrs in the parks and want to see and do as much as possible!!!! All this (with the less than helpful- almost argumentative CM) after 5 attempts to call where the system just hung up on me, and trying to use chat feature on MDE that says they are too busy to chat, call them!!!
Sigh....

Last edited by ksgind70; 12-03-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling!
ksgind70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: