Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
The teenage girl on The Goldbergs has been bugging me since the beginning of the show, because she doesn't look nearly 80s enough, especially the hair.
I know! She doesn't look '80s-ish at all. The mom doesn't either, except for her clothes. The mom's hair just looks weird or like a wig or something.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #47
MarciaBrady
DIS Veteran

Well, I certainly don't remember either decade.:P But, I have to say 90's because I think the grunge stuff looks kinda yucky to me...

Park list: Hollywood Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion
Coaster Count: 21
Top Ten: Manta l Intimidator 305 & Apollo's Chariot l Griffon l Rock'n'Roller Coaster l Kraken l Alpengeist l Shockwave l Grizzly l Volcano l Loch Ness Monster

My SeaWorld TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3196850

2014 Reading Goal Challenge: 127 out of 150 books read so far! (if you want the complete list, please PM me-I don't want my signature to have a long list of books in it!)

~Marcia~
MarciaBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #48
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaBrady View Post
Well, I certainly don't remember either decade.:P But, I have to say 90's because I think the grunge stuff looks kinda yucky to me...
Go to bed, Marcia I'm teasing
Old 12-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #49
MarciaBrady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantw8 View Post
Go to bed, Marcia I'm teasing
Lol! I probably SHOULD go to bed soon though....

Park list: Hollywood Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion
Coaster Count: 21
Top Ten: Manta l Intimidator 305 & Apollo's Chariot l Griffon l Rock'n'Roller Coaster l Kraken l Alpengeist l Shockwave l Grizzly l Volcano l Loch Ness Monster

My SeaWorld TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3196850

2014 Reading Goal Challenge: 127 out of 150 books read so far! (if you want the complete list, please PM me-I don't want my signature to have a long list of books in it!)

~Marcia~
MarciaBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #50
Kimberlyann11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Oh come one Their hair wasn't that bad except for the lead singer of Flock of Seagulls and the huge glasses of the one on the right. (I absolutely hated those huge glasses of the early 80's.) The 80's had a defined style. Although there were some items that were borrowed from the 60's like the tight jeans (what we now call skinny jeans) and high heel pumps. But other than that, the style was unique. I'm curious. Besides myself, how many on this thread were either in their teens or 20's during the 80's?
I turned twenty in 1982 so I had the joy of being both a teen and in my twenties for the whole decade. I managed to avoid having the hideous hair but I did like stone washed jeans. They are coming back you know. Everything else in the eighties was godawful.

But I still have Farrah hair so what do I know?
Kimberlyann11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #51
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Not everyone had crazy hair in the 80s. I had a nice bob similar to one that Molly Ringwald wore. Also lots of girls had Princess Di haircuts until at least the mid-80s.

Did the 90s even have a style? I was in my 20s for the decade and don't really recall a certain style.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #52
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyann11 View Post
I turned twenty in 1982 so I had the joy of being both a teen and in my twenties for the whole decade. I managed to avoid having the hideous hair but I did like stone washed jeans. They are coming back you know. Everything else in the eighties was godawful.

But I still have Farrah hair so what do I know?
Let's see...in 1982 I was turning 11 and DH 12. I also liked the stone washed jeans look. Still do. DS11 has been asking for ripped jeans. Boy does that take me back to asking my mom for a pair back in the 80's. I was told no and never did get a pair. Now I can see where she was coming from

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: