Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #76
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I have become very fond of the little outdoor shady area next to the Rose and Crown. It is a great location: nice pub and not too far away from the French pastries and ice cream. .
Why, I believe I hear it calling my name, Guvnah! And what's that? A frosty Black and Tan just beckoning me to come imbibe? Yes, please!!!
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #77
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyElite4 View Post
Checking into WL in an hour. Will report back!
Thanks. Will look for what you have to say.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #78
jimandami
DIS Veteran

My AP just worked as well.

ETA: I'm sorry for those having trouble. I don't mind if they take away double dipping but it should be the same for everyone!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #79
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami
My AP just worked as well.

ETA: I'm sorry for those having trouble. I don't mind if they take away double dipping but it should be the same for everyone!
I am so glad they are taking the step to curb double dipping.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #80
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Just wanted to mention that I was there last Friday and just for the heck of it, put my old KTTW card from 2011 into the TT FP machine. It spit out a valid paper FP. For the record, my KTTW card from 2011 DID have tickets attached to it which have been long expired. I know earlier reports said that KTTW cards that had used/expired tickets attached to them would not work, but mine did. Not sure if I got lucky, or if they are altering these paper FP machines to try and end double dipping, etc.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #81
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post

I am so glad they are taking the step to curb double dipping.
I think it's fine they are taking it away but why does my KTTW work but other don't. That part is unfair!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #82
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdnmom View Post
Wait, she couldn't use an AP for FP-?? We're planning on going on 12/7, just for the day (we're semi-local), to use our APs one last time before they expire. Plus, my parents are going with us and will be purchasing single-day tickets. So, will we not be able to use fastpasses??

I'm in that same situation for a 12/13 trip,haven't read through all the posts but I would not believe that Disney would have someone with an AP without access to either FP- or FP+ while day visitors that will be with us can easily grab FP- tickets.I have magic bands coming for a 1/10 trip but somebody better tell me I'll be able to get FP- for the 12/13 or guest services is going to be hearing from me (loudly).
Old 12-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #83
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami

I think it's fine they are taking it away but why does my KTTW work but other don't. That part is unfair!
The ones don't work are the older resort cards. They just don't want people to know that and blame Disney for it.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #84
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I think it is ridiculous that no MODS have piped up and said something about ppl talking about using OLD EXPIRED KTTW cards for pulling fast passes. In addition to their current bands and KTTW cards. It seems any time anybody talks about skirting a rule someone chimes in and either shuts down the thread or warns ppl not to discuss bypassing rules. But in NONE of these threads has anybody said a word about ppl admitting they are double and triple dipping. That kind of dishonesty is allowed on here? But not talking about skirting other rules?

I think it is cute that someone will admit to triple dipping but then clarify BUT OH we barely did it maybe once or twice. Mmhmmmm. Right. That makes it ok. And if I just reuse my old mug once or twice it is ok. If I just pool hop once or twice it is ok.

ETA: I was at WDW from Nov 10-16th and we stayed off site and had RFID tickets purchased directly through Disney and we were able to still use FP- So I couldn't care less about the other FP+ etc. I do know they will not take away FP- from off site guests until they have it in place to allow them also use FP+. Disney would never take FP away completely to those not staying in their resorts. They would lose a ton of business. I also don't mind if Disney starts charging for FP's. I will pay for them if I need to. Especially if you can use them more often than once every 2 hours. Since we usually only stay in the parks for 3 or 4 hours we don't use many FP's.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip

Last edited by MinnieLovesMickey12; 12-01-2013 at 01:07 PM.
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #85
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12
I think it is ridiculous that no MODS have piped up and said something about ppl talking about using OLD EXPIRED KTTW cards for pulling fast passes. In addition to their current bands and KTTW cards. It seems any time anybody talks about skirting a rule someone chimes in and either shuts down the thread or warns ppl not to discuss bypassing rules. But in NONE of these threads has anybody said a word about ppl admitting they are double and triple dipping. That kind of dishonesty is allowed on here? But not talking about skirting other rules?
I totally agree. They knowingly brought older cards try to cheat the system and made fp goes faster than it should.
Comes here to blame the fp+ to ruin their vacation at the mean time.

Talk about have a cake and eat it too.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #86
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post

I think it is cute that someone will admit to triple dipping but then clarify BUT OH we barely did it maybe once or twice. Mmhmmmm. Right. That makes it ok. And if I just reuse my old mug once or twice it is ok. If I just pool hop once or twice it is ok.
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. This one is on Disney. If they are allowing it to continue (which apparently they aren't anymore .. Woohoo!!) then how in the world is it the responsibility of Disboard moderators, volunteers on the internet, to police a situation that until now Disney wouldn't?. This went on because there was no clear rule. Disboard mods would have been censoring to shut down talk of skirting a rule that didn't exist.

ETA.. and don't get me wrong. I don't need a rule posted in front of my face to make what I feel is an ethical decision and have ZERO sympathy for people bringing every old card under the sun .. but it's hardly the fault of Disboard mods that people will exploit every loophole they can.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #87
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. This one is on Disney. If they are allowing it to continue (which apparently they aren't anymore .. Woohoo!!) then how in the world is the responsibility of Disboard moderators, volunteers on the internet, to police a situation that until now Disney wouldn't?
So glad Disney stopped it. Seriously though you really think knowingly bring older resort cards is what Disney intended to allow?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #88
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
We are at Beach Club and I just pulled a FP- with my KTTW card!
really????? should I ask for new cards you think? can I meet you by the gingerbread carousel and borrow yours? lol
Old 12-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #89
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree. They knowingly brought older cards try to cheat the system and made fp goes faster than it should.
Comes here to blame the fp+ to ruin their vacation at the mean time.

Talk about have a cake and eat it too.
But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #90
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So glad Disney stopped it. Seriously though you really think knowingly bring older resort cards is what Disney intended to allow?
Not at all. I also think they've mismanaged, failed to anticipate, and misinformed people at every turn. So some people showed their true colors and exploited the heck out of a grey area. It's not the way I roll, but again, how is it up to the mods to enforce something that Disney wasn't?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: