Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #451
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrincredible70 View Post
On 6th day of our 7 day vacation at DW. Have been double dipping FP using our pre-planned FP+ and KTTW cards... AND it's been fantastic!! With a little strategy it can be almost perfect. Overall crowds have been moderate at all parks. Magical time for our family so far
That does sound amazing. It was like you were chosen as the Disney family of the week. You will always remember how good this trip was. You got pixie dust and your gift from Santa all mixed up in one huge adventure.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #452
BamaDisneyBoy
Earning My Ears

I was there Nov 30 - Dec 6 and could pull FP- with either my park ticket or KTTW. I was staying at AKL.
BamaDisneyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #453
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletFire View Post
We check into BWV on NYE! Excited!!

I made FP+ selections; changed TT to Soarin last night and got the exact same time.

Since we have a room only reservation, I also have physical ticket media from WDW. Tickets are linked to the MBs and packed with the MBs.

We also have RFID KTTW room only cards used at SSR in October 2012.

We may get KTTW cards from BWV?

Can we quadruple dip during the busy holiday season? I'll be checking : )) Before I get flamed, I learned about FP strategies from the Disboards. Otherwise, I'd be clueless!

Do we need to quadruple dip? Probably not. My kids are college and high school; they don't need the constant ride entertainment. Besides, we're rope drop people. The FP+ selections are in the evening for 3 out of 5 days. If we are able to pull FP- it's likely we'll give them away.

We are armed and ready!! Super excited!!!
Hopefully you don't get flamed. If those work for FP-, more power to you. Disney is screwing Value resorts right now so anything those guests can do to gain the same access as moderates and deluxe the better. It would be bad if everyone was on an equal playing field right now and you did some to exploit a loophole to gain an advantage, but Disney started this unfair practice. I'm at POP this Friday and only have 3 FP+, no KTTW like other resorts (Maybe Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method still works....).
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #454
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Didn't read all but we literally just left. Double dipping was working fine for me. Not sure why OP had trouble, but heading of post is not true as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #455
jheltz27
Earning My Ears

Just left this morning and while we were able to double dip using our KTTW cards, we only did so maybe twice. The crowds were relatively low and we had FP+ setup for the rides we wanted to do (or at least thought we wanted to do as my 5 year old became terrified of all rides besides Small World which was closed after the 2nd day). The longest line we waited in was 15 min at Thunder Mtn late yesterday in the FP line because Splash had just gone down. Overall quite a few rides were down here and there this week. More than I noticed in the past but maybe because I was more connected with the MDE and Lines Apps. Still boggles my mind the people willing to spend 90 min in line to ride Peter Pan and other rides when FP / FP+ is available.

jheltz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #456
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
Hopefully you don't get flamed. If those work for FP-, more power to you. Disney is screwing Value resorts right now so anything those guests can do to gain the same access as moderates and deluxe the better. It would be bad if everyone was on an equal playing field right now and you did some to exploit a loophole to gain an advantage, but Disney started this unfair practice. I'm at POP this Friday and only have 3 FP+, no KTTW like other resorts (Maybe Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method still works....).
I wish we were gonna be there at the same time! I'd meet you and give you my hard tickets; really! I'm armed and ready out of curiosity. I'm all about testing the loophole : )). As I said before, we'd likely give away our FP-. I love to give away FPs!!!!

You're gonna have a big Disney time!!!!
ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #457
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Ok I stand corrected. It was not working on the weekend right after Thanksgiving when we arrived but started working again Monday. Strange!!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #458
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
Mother Gothel, I do not mean to offend, but the CM saying they took it away earlier this week....

Others staying onsite have posted about pulling paper FP's right through yesterday, so that conflicts with what you were told. Maybe "they took it away" from Beach Club guests earlier this week? You are the first reporting this. Just trying to know the details.
It looks like it was just a weekend issue. Sorry for not responding sooner. We have been able to get them all week with our annual pass and room keys
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #459
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Can you please update the subject line to reflect the apparent temporary glitch?
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
BridgetBordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: