Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
clsteve
It takes a very long time to become young

Location: Where, if the world ended tomorrow, we wouldn't know for three days

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
Somebody posted this summary on Reddit yesterday. I don't know where he gets his info but most of what he says (especially conditions of refusing to participate if you're staying in a Magic Band only testing resort) appears to match what we've heard before here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WaltDisneyWo...magic_updates/

1: MyMagic+ eligibility is being extended to all resort reservations.

Essentially, regardless of when your upcoming vacation is, you're going to get MagicBands. Now, you may or may not have access to customize them on Dec 4th or 5th, but you will get them.
Rules still apply: you will need to link the resort reservation to My Disney Experience before you can proceed with the MyMagic+ fun stuff.
There is no longer a "testing window" for resort guests, though MyMagic+ is still in testing. Resort guests (with only a handful of exceptions that if you were a part of you would be aware of) are now fully eligible for MyMagic+ and all the good stuff.
This will roll out some time in early December, for all reservations from April 1st on.

2: MagicBand only testing is rolling out to more resorts.

You may be aware that Pop Century guests are no longer receiving Key To The World cards in addition to their MagicBands. (If you were not aware, congratulations, you're all caught up.)
This policy of MagicBand-only testing is being expanded to the All Star collection of resorts in early December, and does not have an effective end date.
This policy will be eventually pushed out to all resorts, sooner rather than later.
Keep in mind: if you are someone who does not want to participate in MyMagic+ testing and would prefer to opt out and get a traditional KTTW card, that will not be possible at any hotel participating in this round of testing. If you do opt out (which you still can), you will be issued a demagnetized KTTW card. This card will not work at any FastPass+ kiosks or touch points, and will also not work at traditional FastPass kiosks. Essentially, if you opt out at Pop Century or the All Stars right now, you're opting out of all FastPasses period.
Additionally, if you are staying at any of these resorts, you will not be issued a KTTW card unless you opt out fully.

3: Guests who have participated in testing are fully encouraged to continue to use MyMagic+ features after their stay at a WDW resort.

According to the My Disney Experience FAQ: "If you participated in a MyMagic+ test on or after August 2, you have the ability to link park admission, make FastPass+ selections using My Disney Experience, touch to enter the parks, and touch to redeem FastPass+ selections with your existing MagicBand, regardless of whether you are staying at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel."
The only exception to this, of course, is guests who stayed prior to August 2nd, or guests utilizing non-linkable park admission (typically, Disney-issued complimentary admission).

4: Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin are now being included in a separate MyMagic+ test.

Guests staying at these resorts can participate in a modified version of FastPass+, but will not receive MagicBands and are unable to link their reservations to My Disney Experience at this time.
In order to participate in FastPass+, guests at these resorts will visit a Swan and Dolphin Service Center in the park they are visiting that day in order to set up their three experiences.
Swan and Dolphin are the only non-WDW owned and operated hotels participating in FastPass+ at this time.

If you have any questions about MyMagic+, MagicBands, FastPass+, or the like - feel free to ask!

This account has been set up today to streamline any and all MyMagic+ responses onto one account. I am not a public representative of the Walt Disney Company, and my opinions and statements do not reflect the opinions of the Walt Disney Company and are not intended to do so.
I think that's the sound of the band-aid being ripped off - soon to be followed by the screams of pain.....
clsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #32
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
I also have a friend there now and could not us legacy. Their MB didn't work and they lost all of their FP+. It was a nightmare, but the CM gave them FP for the whole day, upgraded their tickets to hoppers and dinner at Chef Mickeys all on Disney. At least they were able to salvage their day. They are at the Contemporary.
Talk about being on a roller coaster. How much time lost on guest services? What a mess. But the payoff was great.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #33
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Just spoke with 407WDISNEY....

Background.....I changed from Pop to ASMovies because I want to access legacy FP's as long as that is an option. Based on PP's report of a post on Reddit, I decided to call 407WDISNEY to see what they had to say.

Of course, it goes without saying that you can make 2 different calls and get 2 conflicting answers. I asked CM answering phone if she was aware of how Pop guests have not had access to legacy FP & how their KTTW cards are different from other resorts. She was. I asked how far in advance of that change in Pop was she, as a reservation CM, made aware. She said they received notice a week before the change went into effect. I explained that this was the reason I changed resorts and I am now hearing that this might have rolled out to the All Star resorts. She said, "I am not aware of that. Hang on a minute. Let me just check that there are no new updates." She then said that there was nothing in her system showing that this change is going into effect or has gone into effect at the AS Resorts. When I asked, she said they could get notices at any time, it isn't just a once a day notification system. My opinion is that even if that had a week's notice before, the ressie CM's might not get any notice with the next roll-out, so her saying that doesn't really mean it isn't being rolled out as I type.

So there you go. My conversation just now. Maybe the FP machines have been programmed to not give out FP's to any KTTW card & this is how they will roll it out to all resorts at once, rather than individual resorts. This would jibe with Disney's resort history of NOT giving notice to Pop guests prior to implementing the change.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #34
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I have a friend there now who was unable to pull FP- yesterday with either her AP or KTTW card. She was at Epcot, and is staying at a DVC resort. I'm not 100% sure on which resort, but it is either SSR or OKW. I checked here yesterday after she told me, and saw no one had reported not being able to "double dip." I told her I was surprised this didn't work for her since I did read reports of people being able to do this yesterday. Could it be the DVC resorts are the ones affected?
I had the exact opposite experience. We stayed at SSR, checked out today, and I successfully got FP- at all parks, using current and former KTTWs, AP, paper tickets, including at Epcot yesterday. We were staying on points, so that definitely is not the difference, at least as recently as yesterday.

Just to clarify - I only did this a time or two a day while we were there. Yesterday my teenagers slept through their FP+ reservations, so I pulled them additional ones for TT using those media. I don't want people to think I was running around pulling tons of FPs each day because we were not.
WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!

Last edited by lklasing; 12-01-2013 at 11:34 AM.
lklasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #35
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsteve View Post
I think that's the sound of the band-aid being ripped off - soon to be followed by the screams of pain.....
... Well it isn't funny. So how about this...

Do you think this will cause temporary relief for the up-to-now abused off-site guests. I guess it is time for the on-site guests to absorb the pain now.

It might ok for the next few weeks, isn't this a slower time?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #36
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
Background.....I changed from Pop to ASMovies because I want to access legacy FP's as long as that is an option. Based on PP's report of a post on Reddit, I decided to call 407WDISNEY to see what they had to say.

Of course, it goes without saying that you can make 2 different calls and get 2 conflicting answers. I asked CM answering phone if she was aware of how Pop guests have not had access to legacy FP & how their KTTW cards are different from other resorts. She was. I asked how far in advance of that change in Pop was she, as a reservation CM, made aware. She said they received notice a week before the change went into effect. I explained that this was the reason I changed resorts and I am now hearing that this might have rolled out to the All Star resorts. She said, "I am not aware of that. Hang on a minute. Let me just check that there are no new updates." She then said that there was nothing in her system showing that this change is going into effect or has gone into effect at the AS Resorts. When I asked, she said they could get notices at any time, it isn't just a once a day notification system. My opinion is that even if that had a week's notice before, the ressie CM's might not get any notice with the next roll-out, so her saying that doesn't really mean it isn't being rolled out as I type.

So there you go. My conversation just now. Maybe the FP machines have been programmed to not give out FP's to any KTTW card & this is how they will roll it out to all resorts at once, rather than individual resorts. This would jibe with Disney's resort history of NOT giving notice to Pop guests prior to implementing the change.
This makes sense. The POP test was just that, a test. Now they know how to do it, so they can just do it. No advance notification to anyone necessary really.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #37
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Talk about being on a roller coaster. How much time lost on guest services? What a mess. But the payoff was great.
I'm not sure. Sounds like a lot based on her post on FB. She did say she liked using the MB for purchases, but that they are a nighmare for rides. They were happy in the end b/c of all of the perks they got, but I can't help but wonder why the CS is all over the place when people have problems. They hit the CM jackpot IMO, but maybe it is because they are at the CR and deluxe is getting better CS. It seems so many are getting nothing other than a gee I'm sorry.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #38
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you think this will cause temporary relief for the up-to-now abused off-site guests. I guess it is time for the on-site guests to absorb the pain now.

I think it will ease things up for offsite for the next couple of weeks. And I'm sure the reason they are doing this now (if they really are) is to get ready for the onslaught of the Christmas-NewYears week.

It's still fascinating to me that they haven't done any real testing with offsite yet. I know they did that Swan and Dolphin thing, but that seemed to me something they set up in a hurry to placate Swan and Dolphin, who they probably have special arrangements with, as opposed to the hundreds of other offsite hotels.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
clsteve
It takes a very long time to become young

Location: Where, if the world ended tomorrow, we wouldn't know for three days

Quote:

I can only imagine they've gotten enough feedback on their ability (some good, some bad, some ugly) at POP, going from a slow time, through a busy,to know how to continue the rollout.

If they're really confident, it should be all resorts quickly.

If not - the infrastructure (incl., staff and GS) can't handle more than one at a time. Which would seem to create so many problems - how many guests will try to switch Resorts?

And, don't they have to try and get off-site only on FP- before the much longer high capacity of XMas and NYE?

A slow march through the next 2 weeks would be mind-boggling.
clsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #40
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
I'm not sure. Sounds like a lot based on her post on FB. She did say she liked using the MB for purchases, but that they are a nighmare for rides. They were happy in the end b/c of all of the perks they got, but I can't help but wonder why the CS is all over the place when people have problems. They hit the CM jackpot IMO, but maybe it is because they are at the CR and deluxe is getting better CS. It seems so many are getting nothing other than a gee I'm sorry.
Jackpot is right!

On my stay everything went haywire too, so the cm dumped into my account three extra FP+ for everyone in my party. But by that time (the end if our trip) we were so tired of messing with FP+ And the inefficient website. We surrendered. We just spent the day drinking at Epcot. Disney won. [My budget is telling me that paying a $70.00 cover charge to buy $10.00 drinks at Epcot is not working well for me.].

I am really going to have to re-evaluate my trips for the future.

It's Amazing to me that Disney is taking this risk. They are the ones .
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #41
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I think it will ease things up for offsite for the next couple of weeks. And I'm sure the reason they are doing this now (if they really are) is to get ready for the onslaught of the Christmas-NewYears week.

It's still fascinating to me that they haven't done any real testing with offsite yet. I know they did that Swan and Dolphin thing, but that seemed to me something they set up in a hurry to placate Swan and Dolphin, who they probably have special arrangements with, as opposed to the hundreds of other offsite hotels.
I agree that I am surprised they have done no offsite testing yet. I am sure they will want to do it quick. I don't think they want their onsite guests to get 3 FP+ and offsite guests getting 6 FP- or more. It is to bad until they get everyone on with FP+ that the FP- machines couldn't be programmed to only give out 3 FP- per physical ticket. That way everyone can get 3 and see if they can increase the number of FP+ per person (or the ability to buy extra). I am guessing they will take the savings in FP- since no more double dipping and dump it into the FP+ pool. FP- will probably get even less of a pool now, making more times and spots open for FP+.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #42
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsteve View Post
I can only imagine they've gotten enough feedback on their ability (some good, some bad, some ugly) at POP, going from a slow time, through a busy,to know how to continue the rollout.

If they're really confident, it should be all resorts quickly.

If not - the infrastructure (incl., staff and GS) can't handle more than one at a time. Which would seem to create so many problems - how many guests will try to switch Resorts?

And, don't they have to try and get off-site only on FP- before the much longer high capacity of XMas and NYE?

A slow march through the next 2 weeks would be mind-boggling.
Keeping everything a secret until guests show up seems unethical to me. But if they broadcast their plans on a roll out schedule the sheer numbers of people trying to switch resorts would be overwhelming. They are in a pickle.

Do you think any class action lawsuits come out of this? People are spending a lot of money and are being hoodwinked.

Negative Better business bureau reports?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #43
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jackpot is right!

On my stay everything went haywire too, so the cm dumped into my account three extra FP+ for everyone in my party. But by that time (the end if our trip) we were so tired of messing with FP+ And the inefficient website. We surrendered. We just spent the day drinking at Epcot. Disney won. [My budget is telling me that paying a $70.00 cover charge to buy $10.00 drinks at Epcot is not working well for me.].

I am really going to have to re-evaluate my trips for the future.

It's Amazing to me that Disney is taking this risk. They are the ones .
It is a huge risk. Who knows how this will all turn out? While I enjoy having drinks in Epcot, I totally agree that paying $70 to do it is crazy expensive.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #44
kdnmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I have a friend there now who was unable to pull FP- yesterday with either her AP or KTTW card. She was at Epcot, and is staying at a DVC resort. I'm not 100% sure on which resort, but it is either SSR or OKW. I checked here yesterday after she told me, and saw no one had reported not being able to "double dip." I told her I was surprised this didn't work for her since I did read reports of people being able to do this yesterday. Could it be the DVC resorts are the ones affected?
Wait, she couldn't use an AP for FP-?? We're planning on going on 12/7, just for the day (we're semi-local), to use our APs one last time before they expire. Plus, my parents are going with us and will be purchasing single-day tickets. So, will we not be able to use fastpasses??
kdnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #45
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I doubt offsite guests will se any relief. It's a safe bet that at least 50% of the FP's per ride will be allocated for FP+ (I'm thinking closer to 75%). So that only leaves a small amount of FP- available for offsite guests, which will be gone quickly in the morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: