Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #256
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

A class action lawsuit? Seriously?? I'm a lawyer and all I can think is that this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

And yes, I used FP+ and loved it. I won't love it if it stays tiered, but we don't know that it will. Just relax.
wordwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #257
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post

Lol, with the legal system, I wouldn't be surprised at anything that turns out to be a lawsuit.

I agree though I don't think a legal case would work here. Unless previous poster can explain how.
You would need some kind of contractual basis. And I can't imagine what that would be. (I am a lawyer, but only particularly helpful if you have a First Amendment or media law issue.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #258
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordwitt View Post
A class action lawsuit? Seriously?? I'm a lawyer and all I can think is that this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

And yes, I used FP+ and loved it. I won't love it if it stays tiered, but we don't know that it will. Just relax.
Or it will remain tiered as a base package and you can opt to purchase some kind of upgrade.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #259
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I agree, they definitely don't care about loopholes with FP- since they know those machines are going bye-bye sooner rather than later.

I think that the only reason they are rushing to get the resorts off FP- is because they are probably freaking out seeing the numbers of prebooked FP+s for Christmas-NewYears week.
The funny thing about this though is there is plenty of availability for FP+ for this week, at least on the days/parks we are doing. We are going during this time period and I made our FP+ reservations at 60 days out because I really thought they would go away fast but I just looked again tonight and I can change most of mine to just about any time of day. I did not look at MK on Christmas Day or NYE but I did look at it for the 24th and at AK for the 25th. I was totally surprised by the times still available at 3 weeks out.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #260
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
The funny thing about this though is there is plenty of availability for FP+ for this week, at least on the days/parks we are doing. We are going during this time period and I made our FP+ reservations at 60 days out because I really thought they would go away fast but I just looked again tonight and I can change most of mine to just about any time of day. I did not look at MK on Christmas Day or NYE but I did look at it for the 24th and at AK for the 25th. I was totally surprised by the times still available at 3 weeks out.
Just checked now.
DHS still have TSMM FP+ available on Christmas day in the afternoon.

MK still has all three mountains available too on Christmas day.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #261
SharonS
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry, but does anyone else think it is absolutely ridiculous to be saying they are surprised their is availability for FP for TSM on Christmas, which is still like 3 weeks away? It is just ridiculous to have to plan your rides this far in advance.

I am a huge Dianey person, but I cannot get on board with this. For years, I hVe travelled to the world 4 times a year. However, if this is truly the way it is going to be in the future and you have to book your rides 60 days out or wait an hour or more in standby, then sadly I have to say that I am done with Disney.

Please don't attempt to tell me that I don't truly love Disney then. My entire casual wardrobe is made up of Disney t shirts and sweatshirts. My house is loaded with Disney stuff, I am an AP holder and a DVC member. I am truly saddened by the way things ark have experienced MBs in October, and while it was nice to have the late afternoon fast passes booked, I also saw it have a very negative impact on standby lines
SharonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #262
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonS View Post
I'm sorry, but does anyone else think it is absolutely ridiculous to be saying they are surprised their is availability for FP for TSM on Christmas, which is still like 3 weeks away? It is just ridiculous to have to plan your rides this far in advance.

I am a huge Dianey person, but I cannot get on board with this. For years, I hVe travelled to the world 4 times a year. However, if this is truly the way it is going to be in the future and you have to book your rides 60 days out or wait an hour or more in standby, then sadly I have to say that I am done with Disney.

Please don't attempt to tell me that I don't truly love Disney then. My entire casual wardrobe is made up of Disney t shirts and sweatshirts. My house is loaded with Disney stuff, I am an AP holder and a DVC member. I am truly saddened by the way things ark have experienced MBs in October, and while it was nice to have the late afternoon fast passes booked, I also saw it have a very negative impact on standby lines
I would not dare to question your love for Disney. We are all just speculating at this point to see at what stage FP+ will be completely out for Christmas and NYE. Purely for research purposes.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #263
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

The comment about the lawsuit is really something else. Is there any law that Disney would be breaking by treating their own resorts differently from one another?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #264
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE? Can you say "class action"? I knew you could...
On what grounds? Do Disney have a contractual obligation to provide a certain vacation experience? Next we will be having class action suits because shops stop sticking everyone's favourite item to buy.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #265
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS View Post
Well in that case, using your 3-year-old's FP to ride Space Mountain after you used your own and before your two hour wait is up it also against the rules. I am sure NO one has done that It falls into the same type of gray area that is not a written rule, but that does help circumvent a written rule, like using old KTTW cards.

We don't have any old KTTW cards that would work, but am glad that they kept FP- in place with current KTTW cards because we had major problems with our MBs, missed many FP+ reservations trying to get it all worked out with CS and were not compensated with ANY additional FP (or anything else like some other lucky people) for the ones we missed and hours we wasted getting it all figured out. We just would have been SOL.

So while some people want to end the "unfairness" that is double dipping, I see it as necessary until Disney can get their you-know-what straight.
I don't think we really disagree. Technically, the FP says it's "non-transferable" (to my knowledge that's the full extent of any "written rule" on the matter). But, as you said, that's a gray area when we're talking about using your 3-year old child's FP (or even giving one away that you aren't going to use after all).

But I don't think there's much gray when guests bring in expired KTTW cards to knowingly take advantage of an unintended "opportunity." Just because someone discovered that expired media will work in the FP- machines, doesn't mean it's right to do so. Yes, I get it. Disney has not published a written rule stating that it's not allowed. Should they even have to? And would they even think to since this is only possible by accident? Again, I get it. Once this "loophole" was discovered, they could have created the rule (or better yet, fixed the programming so it would not work). But they had bigger fish to fry with the debacle that is FP+. So they look the other way, knowing that it's not a rampant practice and soon enough it won't matter because those machines are getting ripped out anyway.

Back in the day, "slugs" would work in a Coke machine, but just because putting a slug in the machine instead of a quarter would work doesn't mean it wasn't stealing.

There's a world of difference between using someone else's valid FP and attaining that FP using invalid ticket media.

Conversely, I do agree that guests did nothing wrong in pulling FP- with valid KTTW cards that Disney issued in addition to their MBs. Disney told these guests to use both systems, so no broken rules. It may not be "fair" but it was Disney's decision to issue those guests a KTTW and tell them to pull FP- in addition to FP+. I defy anyone to provide an example of Disney telling guests to go ahead and bring in expired media to pull extra FP-.

Quote:
Just relax.
Stay calm and get over it.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #266
shana398
Mouseketeer

Here now

I'm here now POFQ and we are able to pull FP with our KTTW card and use our MBs for FP+.
shana398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #267
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:

Can't tell those who are going NOW, while things are still tiered to "relax". Things as they are NOW affect those going NOW. I'm relaxed, since my trip isn't until next fall. Since who the heck knows what things will look like then, there isn't anything for me to get really freaked about. I do empathize greatly with those who are worried about their trips coming up in the immediate future.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #268
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Can't tell those who are going NOW, while things are still tiered to "relax". Things as they are NOW affect those going NOW. I'm relaxed, since my trip isn't until next fall. Since who the heck knows what things will look like then, there isn't anything for me to get really freaked about. I do empathize greatly with those who are worried about their trips coming up in the immediate future.
This is what I dont get...it is all great that certain posters are saying relax, this might not be what it is in the end. Well right now I dont care about the final product I care about my trip that starts this week! I dont care what WDW is calling it, this is no longer a test but a rollout and their "test" can affect the days I planned for WDW. This has not been relaxing having to uber plan this, and also waiting for the other shoe to drop, like will my resort be the next to go KTTW card. That is stressful. I dont want to stand in lines dealing with MB issues, we did that one year with dining plan credit issues and it truly stunk!

We will make the best of whatever comes our way bc we are together, and we will have fun. But this has not been one of those trips that I am as excitied about
'
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #269
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
This is what I dont get...it is all great that certain posters are saying relax, this might not be what it is in the end. Well right now I dont care about the final product I care about my trip that starts this week! I dont care what WDW is calling it, this is no longer a test but a rollout and their "test" can affect the days I planned for WDW. This has not been relaxing having to uber plan this, and also waiting for the other shoe to drop, like will my resort be the next to go KTTW card. That is stressful. I dont want to stand in lines dealing with MB issues, we did that one year with dining plan credit issues and it truly stunk!

We will make the best of whatever comes our way bc we are together, and we will have fun. But this has not been one of those trips that I am as excitied about
'
We arrive tonight and I completely agree with you!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #270
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post

'
I could care less what the final product looks like because I have no idea when we will be back.

What I care about is the tiered mess that my Jan trip is. And it is definitely looking like no KTTW card, so no FP- for us. So that means I get the joy of being in the stand-by line with my newly 40" tall DS for TT and/or Soarin'. Possibly both if he decides he loves 1 or the other and wants to re-ride.

At least he's not tall enough for RNR, and I only had to worry about TSMM.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: