Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #241
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eosphotog View Post
It is perplexing that Disney allows expired media to pull FP-. It should be trivial for Disney to check the validity of the ticket (was it used to gain access to the park that day? Are there even active days left?) - afterall they are able to determine whether the media can pull a new FP. There has to be a good reason to allow this... especially given there is a fairness/balancing factor here.
Ah, but they were not allowing expired media when we were there, only current room keys and annual passes, from our experience. We gave our room keys to a friend upon check out for her to experiment and she was not able to pull FP- after our check-out day.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #242
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
Ah, but they were not allowing expired media when we were there, only current room keys and annual passes, from our experience. We gave our room keys to a friend upon check out for her to experiment and she was not able to pull FP- after our check-out day.
That would be something new. I didn't think they fixed that loophole but now maybe they have. Would be interest to hear if any other guest with a room-only card was able to pull FP-.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #243
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post

That would be because your ticket was tied to that KTTW card/MB. Only room-only KTTW cards that NEVER had tickets attached are the ones that work.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #244
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
That would be something new. I didn't think they fixed that loophole but now maybe they have. Would be interest to hear if any other guest with a room-only card was able to pull FP-.
Here now, have been since 11/21. Had a 2 night RO then a 14 night MYW package. Got a set of KTTW cards for each.

We have Magic Bands, but both sets of cards have been able to pull FP-

Which is a good thing from our point of view because FP+ sucks for us big time. We are big park hoppers, today for example we started at AK, went to Epcot around 1, then MK around 6. Although we had our three lame FP+ selections for later in the evening for MK (two of which we were unable to use because both SM and BTMR were down) we pulled several FP- in the morning at AK.

The biggest problem with FP+ is the lack of real-time decision making ability. For example, imagine scheduling an FP+ days or weeks or months in advance, only to find that at the time you scheduled it the Standby time was 10 minutes or less. Most people would feel the use of an FP was an incredible waste of a limited resource, leaving them with a negative take away because they wouldn't have used it had they known the Standby time would have been so short anyway.

I've witnessed that time and time again over the last ten days.
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #245
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the root of it is that Disney doesn't care about the loopholes and unfair advantages/disadvantages with the FP- machines. Besides knowing the person has a MagicBand, I am sure other things could have been done like limiting FP- to 3 passes per day, so it would be the same as onsite FP+. I just don't think they care or want to invest any time or money into those machines as they vision them being gone sooner rather then later. I wonder if Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method has been patched yet too. So many fires to put out it looks like.
I agree, they definitely don't care about loopholes with FP- since they know those machines are going bye-bye sooner rather than later.

I think that the only reason they are rushing to get the resorts off FP- is because they are probably freaking out seeing the numbers of prebooked FP+s for Christmas-NewYears week.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #246
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

It's going to be really crappy once they do away with them.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #247
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE?

Can you say "class action"?

I knew you could...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #248
nkereina
Wendy Darling

The bottom line is that if Disney is physically allowing double and triple dipping - on purpose or not - then no CM can really argue with a person on it. Sure it may be controversial, but if it's being allowed, expressly or otherwise, then everyone who is against it has no valid argument. Not my problem you didn't save your old KTTW cards

But in all seriousness, with the exception of Christmas week, double or triple dipping probably isn't even necessary anyway. We didn't see wait times of more than 20 minutes most days in November. We didn't even bother with using FP+ reservations sometimes because stand by was so short. Only time we double dipped was for TSM - three times on that ride is enough. I only tested triple dipping (it worked on expired KTTW cards with tix) and never felt the need to use it otherwise. Just wasn't necessary. I'd imagine Disney will have this straightened out before busier weeks approach, so this will all be a moot point then anyway.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #249
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE? Can you say "class action"? I knew you could...
On what grounds? Just because you don't like it?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #250
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post
On what grounds? Just because you don't like it?
I agree with you. Personal preference on a policy shouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #251
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post
I agree with you. Personal preference on a policy shouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit.
What personal preference? What does that mean? I think poster is talking about different resorts being treated differently.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #252
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
That would be because your ticket was tied to that KTTW card/MB. Only room-only KTTW cards that NEVER had tickets attached are the ones that work.
Ah, makes sense.
I also agree with an above poster. We either didn't use or moved/attempted to move many of our FP+. It was only really useful for Soarin', Test Track and TSM.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #253
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE?

Can you say "class action"?

I knew you could...
Quote:
What personal preference? What does that mean? I think poster is talking about different resorts being treated differently.
I couldn't see clearly from what he had posted being about guests being treated differently at different resorts. Maybe he can elaborate.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #254
Treehorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's still not grounds for a lawsuit?!?!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #255
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehorn View Post
That's still not grounds for a lawsuit?!?!
Lol, with the legal system, I wouldn't be surprised at anything that turns out to be a lawsuit.

I agree though I don't think a legal case would work here. Unless previous poster can explain how.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: