Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #241
angey77
DIS Veteran
 
angey77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 2,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eosphotog View Post
It is perplexing that Disney allows expired media to pull FP-. It should be trivial for Disney to check the validity of the ticket (was it used to gain access to the park that day? Are there even active days left?) - afterall they are able to determine whether the media can pull a new FP. There has to be a good reason to allow this... especially given there is a fairness/balancing factor here.
Ah, but they were not allowing expired media when we were there, only current room keys and annual passes, from our experience. We gave our room keys to a friend upon check out for her to experiment and she was not able to pull FP- after our check-out day.
__________________
angey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #242
wn01aa
DIS Veteran
 
wn01aa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
Ah, but they were not allowing expired media when we were there, only current room keys and annual passes, from our experience. We gave our room keys to a friend upon check out for her to experiment and she was not able to pull FP- after our check-out day.
That would be something new. I didn't think they fixed that loophole but now maybe they have. Would be interest to hear if any other guest with a room-only card was able to pull FP-.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #243
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post

Ah, but they were not allowing expired media when we were there, only current room keys and annual passes, from our experience. We gave our room keys to a friend upon check out for her to experiment and she was not able to pull FP- after our check-out day.
That would be because your ticket was tied to that KTTW card/MB. Only room-only KTTW cards that NEVER had tickets attached are the ones that work.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #244
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?
 
Laketravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,481

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
That would be something new. I didn't think they fixed that loophole but now maybe they have. Would be interest to hear if any other guest with a room-only card was able to pull FP-.
Here now, have been since 11/21. Had a 2 night RO then a 14 night MYW package. Got a set of KTTW cards for each.

We have Magic Bands, but both sets of cards have been able to pull FP-

Which is a good thing from our point of view because FP+ sucks for us big time. We are big park hoppers, today for example we started at AK, went to Epcot around 1, then MK around 6. Although we had our three lame FP+ selections for later in the evening for MK (two of which we were unable to use because both SM and BTMR were down) we pulled several FP- in the morning at AK.

The biggest problem with FP+ is the lack of real-time decision making ability. For example, imagine scheduling an FP+ days or weeks or months in advance, only to find that at the time you scheduled it the Standby time was 10 minutes or less. Most people would feel the use of an FP was an incredible waste of a limited resource, leaving them with a negative take away because they wouldn't have used it had they known the Standby time would have been so short anyway.

I've witnessed that time and time again over the last ten days.
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #245
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
I think the root of it is that Disney doesn't care about the loopholes and unfair advantages/disadvantages with the FP- machines. Besides knowing the person has a MagicBand, I am sure other things could have been done like limiting FP- to 3 passes per day, so it would be the same as onsite FP+. I just don't think they care or want to invest any time or money into those machines as they vision them being gone sooner rather then later. I wonder if Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method has been patched yet too. So many fires to put out it looks like.
I agree, they definitely don't care about loopholes with FP- since they know those machines are going bye-bye sooner rather than later.

I think that the only reason they are rushing to get the resorts off FP- is because they are probably freaking out seeing the numbers of prebooked FP+s for Christmas-NewYears week.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #246
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,255

It's going to be really crappy once they do away with them.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #247
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation
 
larryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 2FAR2MK
Posts: 7,216

Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE?

Can you say "class action"?

I knew you could...
__________________
The secret ingredient in Dr Pepper is prune juice.
larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #248
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,228

The bottom line is that if Disney is physically allowing double and triple dipping - on purpose or not - then no CM can really argue with a person on it. Sure it may be controversial, but if it's being allowed, expressly or otherwise, then everyone who is against it has no valid argument. Not my problem you didn't save your old KTTW cards

But in all seriousness, with the exception of Christmas week, double or triple dipping probably isn't even necessary anyway. We didn't see wait times of more than 20 minutes most days in November. We didn't even bother with using FP+ reservations sometimes because stand by was so short. Only time we double dipped was for TSM - three times on that ride is enough. I only tested triple dipping (it worked on expired KTTW cards with tix) and never felt the need to use it otherwise. Just wasn't necessary. I'd imagine Disney will have this straightened out before busier weeks approach, so this will all be a moot point then anyway.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #249
kmarie99
Mouseketeer
 
kmarie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE? Can you say "class action"? I knew you could...
On what grounds? Just because you don't like it?
__________________
kmarie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #250
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post
On what grounds? Just because you don't like it?
I agree with you. Personal preference on a policy shouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #251
wn01aa
DIS Veteran
 
wn01aa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post
I agree with you. Personal preference on a policy shouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit.
What personal preference? What does that mean? I think poster is talking about different resorts being treated differently.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #252
angey77
DIS Veteran
 
angey77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 2,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
That would be because your ticket was tied to that KTTW card/MB. Only room-only KTTW cards that NEVER had tickets attached are the ones that work.
Ah, makes sense.
I also agree with an above poster. We either didn't use or moved/attempted to move many of our FP+. It was only really useful for Soarin', Test Track and TSM.
__________________
angey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #253
LuvFFPlus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Have no lawyers yet experienced the joy of MBs/FP+/MDE?

Can you say "class action"?

I knew you could...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
What personal preference? What does that mean? I think poster is talking about different resorts being treated differently.
I couldn't see clearly from what he had posted being about guests being treated differently at different resorts. Maybe he can elaborate.
LuvFFPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #254
Treehorn
Mouseketeer
 
Treehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
What personal preference? What does that mean? I think poster is talking about different resorts being treated differently.
That's still not grounds for a lawsuit?!?!
__________________
2006 YC, 2007 YC, 2007 YC, 2010 YC 2013 BC
Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #255
wn01aa
DIS Veteran
 
wn01aa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehorn View Post
That's still not grounds for a lawsuit?!?!
Lol, with the legal system, I wouldn't be surprised at anything that turns out to be a lawsuit.

I agree though I don't think a legal case would work here. Unless previous poster can explain how.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: