Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #226
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...fucuFA.twitter

This is saying All Stars starting this week:

ASSports today
ASMusic Dec4
AS Movies Dec6

Pop Continues...

MBs only...no more KTTW cards
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #227
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastatlantaguys View Post
I am MK now (way too packed for the first week of December) and MB and FP+ is working great minus a waisted hour Sat to get my moms military Salute tickets linked and FP+ synced to ours. Double dipping is still working just FYI. I'll post a semi full post later ( I will leave out some details that may get me flamed).
I had a feeling it would be packed. There were at least 100 people getting on the bus at BC at 9:10 this morning. Plus, it's a non-party day with evening EMH. Recipe for huge crowds!
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #228
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...fucuFA.twitter

This is saying All Stars starting this week:

ASSports today
ASMusic Dec4
AS Movies Dec6

Pop Continues...

MBs only...no more KTTW cards
Here it comes.
I expect every resort to be on board by the Christmas rush. I predict my resort (Wilderness Lodge) to start on December 14th.. simply because that's the day I arrive.
I planned all along to only have the benefit of fastpass+. It was a gamble and an expensive one at that. I had old 2 day tickets that I couldn't add to MDE despite them assuring me they would fix it (it's been 3 months) and I couldn't even upgrade those until I got there.
That would have left me making fastpass+ reservations the day I got there. So I sacrificed the $700 in value on those tickets and bought all new ones simply to make fastpass+ reservations. I wasn't taking the chance of being locked out of any fastpass at all on our once in a lifetime Holiday trip. $700 extra in tickets was NOT in the budget. To say that waiting for the I.T. department to straighten out my issue (which never happened), and spending all that extra money left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth would be an understatement.
However, we are set to leave in 11 days, I am excited for the trip, and glad I made the decision I did. I expect to have a great time and the kids are so excited they can barely stand it.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #229
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Here it comes.
I expect every resort to be on board by the Christmas rush. I predict my resort (Wilderness Lodge) to start on December 14th.. simply because that's the day I arrive.
I planned all along to only have the benefit of fastpass+. It was a gamble and an expensive one at that. I had old 2 day tickets that I couldn't add to MDE despite them assuring me they would fix it (it's been 3 months) and I couldn't even upgrade those until I got there.
That would have left me making fastpass+ reservations the day I got there. So I sacrificed the $700 in value on those tickets and bought all new ones simply to make fastpass+ reservations. I wasn't taking the chance of being locked out of any fastpass at all on our once in a lifetime Holiday trip. $700 extra in tickets was NOT in the budget. To say that waiting for the I.T. department to straighten out my issue (which never happened), and spending all that extra money left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth would be an understatement.
However, we are set to leave in 11 days, I am excited for the trip, and glad I made the decision I did. I expect to have a great time and the kids are so excited they can barely stand it.
The extra $700 expense for tickets is truly a shame, and I'm so sorry about that, but Wilderness Lodge! In December!! How exciting and fun. Hope you have a wonderful time.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #230
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
The extra $700 expense for tickets is truly a shame, and I'm so sorry about that, but Wilderness Lodge! In December!! How exciting and fun. Hope you have a wonderful time.
Thank you!!! As much as I don't like these changes .. they are coming. So we are all set to have a wonderful trip and make some memories
Old 12-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #231
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
But again, the rule of FP- is that you have to wait 2 hours or until your return window before you can get another FP-. Using an expired card to get another FP- earlier than that (in fact, if you had enough cards, you could get unlimited FP-) was breaking that rule.
Well in that case, using your 3-year-old's FP to ride Space Mountain after you used your own and before your two hour wait is up it also against the rules. I am sure NO one has done that It falls into the same type of gray area that is not a written rule, but that does help circumvent a written rule, like using old KTTW cards.

We don't have any old KTTW cards that would work, but am glad that they kept FP- in place with current KTTW cards because we had major problems with our MBs, missed many FP+ reservations trying to get it all worked out with CS and were not compensated with ANY additional FP (or anything else like some other lucky people) for the ones we missed and hours we wasted getting it all figured out. We just would have been SOL.

So while some people want to end the "unfairness" that is double dipping, I see it as necessary until Disney can get their you-know-what straight.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #232
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim123 View Post
That is indeed the case. EXPIRED cards are EXPIRED! People who have legitimate tickets/cards/bands/KTTWC can get fast passes at the kiosk as per the old system in WDW. AND if they go online they can book their 3 FP+…

Gee sounds pretty good to me. And hey ya know what? It was !!!

What do I do since I am staying at POP and wont get a KTTW card. I feel like a second class citizen with people like you getting to double dip!
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #233
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
What do I do since I am staying at POP and wont get a KTTW card. I feel like a second class citizen with people like you getting to double dip!
Exactly. People aren't taking your situation into consideration with flippant "Well it worked for me so it's great!" responses.
Fwiw.. I don't think anyone in any resort is going to be able to double dip much longer with the rollout of this policy at all of the AllStars coming this week. So it won't just be Pop guests. I still completely understand your frustration though.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #234
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Exactly. People aren't taking your situation into consideration with flippant "Well it worked for me so it's great!" responses.
Fwiw.. I don't think anyone in any resort is going to be able to double dip much longer with the rollout of this policy at all of the AllStars coming this week. So it won't just be Pop guests. I still completely understand your frustration though.
Agreed. Leaving on December 14th to the POP and I think all value and mods will have been added by then with deluxe being added the week I am there.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #235
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
Agreed. Leaving on December 14th to the POP and I think all value and mods will have been added by then with deluxe being added the week I am there.
We check in to WL on the 14th too. I expect us to be already added and if not, I think it will be the week I am there as well.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #236
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

New to DW and want to clarify, can you get FP- with your original ticket along with FP+ on your Magic Band? Or is it 3 FP+ only?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #237
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse13 View Post
New to DW and want to clarify, can you get FP- with your original ticket along with FP+ on your Magic Band? Or is it 3 FP+ only?
You can get both at most resorts. For now at least. They 3 FP+ limit is only for FP+.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #238
angey77
DIS Veteran

In case anyone is wondering if using both FP+ and a room key for legacy FP is wrong, I don't think it is in Disney's eyes. We stayed at VGF the week before Thanksgiving and used both (mainly because when I would try to reschedule a FP+, the app sucked, and if I could not reschedule and legacy FP was available, I was going to get one just like every Joe on the street).
Anyway, when I returned home, I was emailed a survey about the whole MDE and how it pertained to my week. Some questions blatantly addressed how often legacy FP via resort key was used by my family in comparison to FP+. One question even asked which I preferred using during this particular trip.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #239
Eosphotog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
In case anyone is wondering if using both FP+ and a room key for legacy FP is wrong, I don't think it is in Disney's eyes.
It is perplexing that Disney allows expired media to pull FP-. It should be trivial for Disney to check the validity of the ticket (was it used to gain access to the park that day? Are there even active days left?) - afterall they are able to determine whether the media can pull a new FP. There has to be a good reason to allow this... especially given there is a fairness/balancing factor here.
Eosphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #240
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eosphotog View Post
It is perplexing that Disney allows expired media to pull FP-. It should be trivial for Disney to check the validity of the ticket (was it used to gain access to the park that day? Are there even active days left?) - afterall they are able to determine whether the media can pull a new FP. There has to be a good reason to allow this... especially given there is a fairness/balancing factor here.
I think the root of it is that Disney doesn't care about the loopholes and unfair advantages/disadvantages with the FP- machines. Besides knowing the person has a MagicBand, I am sure other things could have been done like limiting FP- to 3 passes per day, so it would be the same as onsite FP+. I just don't think they care or want to invest any time or money into those machines as they vision them being gone sooner rather then later. I wonder if Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method has been patched yet too. So many fires to put out it looks like.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: