Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #211
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammatt View Post
If your APs aren't on your bands, what media IS on there that is allowing you to get FP+?
Your bands access your AP but your AP isn't on the bands which is wh it works for split stays when people have several MBS
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #212
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post

Your bands access your AP but your AP isn't on the bands which is wh it works for split stays when people have several MBS
The APs are on your account and the MBs access your account. Currently you have to have some form of admission on your account in order to get FP+s. so they have to have something on the account. If not the APs then what?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #213
sammatt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Right, I get that. Are some people's AP's ONLY on bands, without a card? It is normal, right now, for people who have AP cards linked to be able to use FP+ and pull FP-, correct?
sammatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #214
CireEdorelkrah
Earning My Ears

I was able to tripple dip. I used my magic band for FP+ and was able to get fast passes for attractions using the Key to the Kingdom card as well as my ticket purchased from UT. I am here now.

Note: I didn't take advantage of this. We went with friends thay had regular tickets. We got their FP tickets using ours for them.
CireEdorelkrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #215
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

When we went in october we were surprised three days into the trip to find out that we could use our MBs to enter the parks. (Back when I put the aps onto the account it told me clearly to bring the physical aps to use to get into the parks) We had been using our paper APs. From then on we could use either. I wonder if aribelle is in the same situation as we were?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #216
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aribelle View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with OP.

We were at Epcot yesterday (saw Gary Sinise at CP!!!! )

When we entered the park around noonish we stopped at the FP+ terminals and got Soarin' FP+ for 8:20pm.......I really kinda wanted to ride it earlier, so DD took our 3 AP cards over to Soarin and came back with paper FP. But the paper ones were for 7:50pm, lol. Oh well, we saw CP went to Soarin and rode twice then did Illuminations, so all was well with my world.

Kids are at MK today and they got Peter Pan, Space Mountain and some thing else on the FP+ terminal with their magic bands, then used their card AP and got another Space Mountain.

So....double dipping seems to work at EPCOT and MK....but I'm also really thinking it's because our AP's are NOT on our Magic Bands.

If your tickets (AP) are not on your magic bands, how can you reserve your FP+? I thought the APs had to be linked to your magic bands to pull FP+. I was under the understanding that you couldn't make FP+ reservations if there was not ticket media on the band.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #217
eastatlantaguys
Earning My Ears

I am MK now (way too packed for the first week of December) and MB and FP+ is working great minus a waisted hour Sat to get my moms military Salute tickets linked and FP+ synced to ours. Double dipping is still working just FYI. I'll post a semi full post later ( I will leave out some details that may get me flamed).
Old 12-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #218
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She will not be able to use both her tickets and he MB for fastpass. She will only be able to use the media she entered the park with. However she may be able to pull fastpass with her KTTW but that may be stopped soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Hit Wonder View Post
She should be able to full fastpass- with her physical ticket no?
Yes, you should be able to use your physical tickets to pull FP-. The Fp- and Fp+ systems operate independently of each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aribelle View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with OP.

We were at Epcot yesterday (saw Gary Sinise at CP!!!! )

When we entered the park around noonish we stopped at the FP+ terminals and got Soarin' FP+ for 8:20pm.......I really kinda wanted to ride it earlier, so DD took our 3 AP cards over to Soarin and came back with paper FP. But the paper ones were for 7:50pm, lol. Oh well, we saw CP went to Soarin and rode twice then did Illuminations, so all was well with my world.

Kids are at MK today and they got Peter Pan, Space Mountain and some thing else on the FP+ terminal with their magic bands, then used their card AP and got another Space Mountain.

So....double dipping seems to work at EPCOT and MK....but I'm also really thinking it's because our AP's are NOT on our Magic Bands.
don't you have tickets linked to your MB, which you need to make FP+ ressies? Didn't you use your AP's for that? And guests can use the physical AP cards to get FP- that are also linked on MB to get FP+.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #219
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastatlantaguys View Post
I am MK now (way too packed for the first week of December) and MB and FP+ is working great minus a waisted hour Sat to get my moms military Salute tickets linked and FP+ synced to ours. Double dipping is still working just FYI. I'll post a semi full post later ( I will leave out some details that may get me flamed).
What resort are you staying at, and what day did you check in?

Thanks.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #220
Tormania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CireEdorelkrah View Post
I was able to tripple dip. I used my magic band for FP+ and was able to get fast passes for attractions using the Key to the Kingdom card as well as my ticket purchased from UT. I am here now.

Note: I didn't take advantage of this. We went with friends thay had regular tickets. We got their FP tickets using ours for them.
Really? Well if the KTTW cards we get at check-in work then we're already covered, but just in case I'll take our UT tickets as well in the event the KTTW cards don't work. I don't invision needing to do it very often but if the option exists I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it if need be.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #221
cbj1979
Earning My Ears

I checked in this morning at CBR. At AK now and was able to pull fp- I didn't need our scheduled fp+ so I rescheduled for later tonight at MK
cbj1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #222
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj1979 View Post
I checked in this morning at CBR. At AK now and was able to pull fp- I didn't need our scheduled fp+ so I rescheduled for later tonight at MK
Great, thanks for the report!

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
Old 12-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #223
eastatlantaguys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
What resort are you staying at, and what day did you check in? Thanks.
We checked in 11/30 at Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #224
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

MBs/FP+/MM+ are all so glitchy that no one should rely on one report. You never know if it's a true change, or a glitch.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #225
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastatlantaguys View Post
We checked in 11/30 at Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Great, thanks.

So at this point, I think we have only one report on this thread from a December 1 check-in, and one report from a December 2 check-in -- both with double-dipping working for them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: