Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #151
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran
 
ProudMommyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RedSox/Patriots Nation
Posts: 2,542

My sister checks into Coranado on Thursday. She has a room only ressie and bought park tickets at AAA. The park tickets are linked to her MDE and she has Fastpass + chosen. My question is- if she enters park with media from AAA will be able to use Fastpass -? Then , if she doesnt use MB to enter park will her fastpass + not be activated?
__________________
Me(Pam) DH DS15 DD13

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #152
magicbob
DIS Veteran
 
magicbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
A temporary glitch that hasn't been fixed since at least early October. And likely earlier. Oh yeah, disney REALLY cares about it....
I didn't say they really cared about it. Perhaps "glitch" isn't the best term. Yes, it's been going on since October or likely earlier because they started FP+ testing and tinkered with the machines to allow a KTTW that had NOT been used to enter the park (but which HAD been issued to the guest for the purpose of pulling FP-) to be accepted. It was an unintended consequence that this also allowed expired KTTW cards to work. Is it a huge problem? Probably not. Obviously it has not been enough of a concern to Disney for them to fix. They probably figure that those machines are going away soon anyway, so why bother tinkering with them more to disallow expired cards. I'm sure they also figure it's not THAT common of a practice (and it probably isn't).

Disney does next to nothing about cutting in line (a much more common practice that has been going on forever). So I guess I should just start going to the front of the line whenever I want since Disney obviously REALLY cares about this. Come to think of it, that would solve all of my concerns about FP+!
__________________


Ratatouille, the Ride!


magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #153
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
 
roomthreeseventeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,041

I don't think anyone knows what's going on. Reports in this very thread seem to say that double dipping has gone away, and other posters said they did it today. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason.
__________________
Amy, Patrick, Cosette and Herbie
Many trips as a kid! 2010 GF RPC (March) and AKL/BWI (Oct)
2012
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #154
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,844

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
A temporary glitch that hasn't been fixed since at least early October. And likely earlier. Oh yeah, disney REALLY cares about it....
They took the cheap, easy way out when they removed the requirement that the card had to be used that day for entry in order to be used to pull paper FP. Assuming the best, they may not have thought testing was going to drag on this long.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #155
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation
 
larryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 2FAR2MK
Posts: 7,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
I'm glad disney is cutting down on this triple double dipping!
Triple-double dipping -- that's sextuple dipping!
__________________
The secret ingredient in Dr Pepper is prune juice.
larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #156
magicbob
DIS Veteran
 
magicbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Triple-double dipping -- that's sextuple dipping!
Which you could apparently do with expired KTTW cards.
__________________


Ratatouille, the Ride!


magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #157
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran
 
ScarletFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
My sister checks into Coranado on Thursday. She has a room only ressie and bought park tickets at AAA. The park tickets are linked to her MDE and she has Fastpass + chosen. My question is- if she enters park with media from AAA will be able to use Fastpass -? Then , if she doesnt use MB to enter park will her fastpass + not be activated?
I have this question too : ))
ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #158
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

I have not read all of this but we were in the parks this week and have just returned home late last night. We double dipped the entire time with APs and room keys. It was alive and well through Friday.
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #159
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night
 
Sparkly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: England
Posts: 2,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Except, unlike the mugs, there is no signage saying it is wrong to use an old key to the world card to pull FPs. Nor is there a CM standing there checking the dates, like they do for EMH.
Perhaps they should reprogram the FP- machines to recognise expired KTTW cards and refuse to print any. Only people with valid plastic? paper? park tickets can then use the FP- booths, no KTTW cards. That would force onsite guests to only use FP+ and I think would also cause a major revolt on the DIS!

I'm assuming the majority of people with the plastic/paper tickets are offsiters, so they would get their FPs and the onsiters get their FP+s. IMO fairer.
__________________


Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #160
MellyBeans
Mouseketeer
 
MellyBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 215

#firstworldproblems
__________________
Me DH Arthur Dog

2012 Pop Century 30th Birthday get-a-way , 2011 Pop Century, 2009 CSR *Engaged in front of the Castle* , 2008 Disneyland, 2007 ASMu, 1999 Off Site, 1993 Off Site, 1991 Off Site
MellyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #161
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyBeans View Post
#firstworldproblems
Couldn't you say that about anything posted on a Disney fan site?

Does that mean people should not expect value for what they spend? After all, it's merely a first world problem. Maybe we should just all give Disney a blank check and take whatever they decide to dole out in return. After all, it really doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things, right?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #162
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

Whew, what a messy thread this is!! I just finished skimming most of it and here's what I want to reply to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvFFPlus View Post
Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?
Why should the max be 3 for on site when off site get many many more than three? I was there all of last week for Thanksgiving week when the crowds were large and yes we were able to get FPs late at night for things we wanted to ride.

And YES, I double-dipped because I don't feel that I should be punished for staying on property. We had 3 FP+ one day at MK and pulled 4 FP-s throughout the day for things we wanted to do. Yes, I used them all and no, I don't feel bad for it because it's honestly what we would have done without the bands (and what we have always done in the past). The only difference for us was having a FP+ for Wishes viewing that you can't get without the bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
I'm glad disney is cutting down on this triple double dipping! It is horrible that all of u that were doing that. If u are breaking the rules in disney what r u doing in the real world!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I must be a horrible person then because I certainly went triple-double dipping at Disney last week. In fact, if you read the beginning of this post, I went septuple dipping one day at MK. Why??? Because it's what I did BEFORE the band.....it wasn't wrong/evil/illegal on my trip in June and it wouldn't have been wrong/evil/illegal after I moved off site this weekend, so why is it wrong/illegal/evil while I am staying on property?

In real life, I follow the rules; I attend religious services; I work in a service related field. Never have I ever been arrested and I only have one speeding ticket in my whole life which ironically was while I was racing to an urgent care because of illness. Call me what you want but I don't live life to break rules....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletFire View Post
I have this question too : ))
No matter what you use to enter the park, they will all show that you used them if they are linked. Here's how it works - the magic band, the RFID card and the AP are all linked to a database. Once you use any of the three to enter the park, they are all three active because they are all essentially one and the same thing....they are all YOU. Both our RFID and our AP cards pulled FPs this week.
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #163
MellyBeans
Mouseketeer
 
MellyBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Couldn't you say that about anything posted on a Disney fan site?
Of course. . It's just super apparent with all the fp+ hubabalo and the FIVE MILLION threads dissecting it. I'm not immune either. I found myself complaining (loudly) to a CM on the phone a few weeks back after tech problems with the stupid MDE site. It took me two hours to book FP+. I was complaining about the tiering, "needing" to reserve a FP for something walk on ready like Nemo, complaining about the limitations and the "fixing" of a system that wasn't broken, complaining about having to reserve rides three months in advance...etc, etc....


But really, this is FP+ debacle IS the definition of a first world problem.
__________________
Me DH Arthur Dog

2012 Pop Century 30th Birthday get-a-way , 2011 Pop Century, 2009 CSR *Engaged in front of the Castle* , 2008 Disneyland, 2007 ASMu, 1999 Off Site, 1993 Off Site, 1991 Off Site
MellyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #164
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 45,795

Some of you take bait way too easily IMO. (I don't mean the OP when I say that.)

So has anything actually changed? Those who couldn't pull FP- might be running into a glitch or maybe this change is slow to gear up?
__________________
PG

Last edited by Planogirl; 12-01-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: clarifying a comment
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #165
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!
 
Erin1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Some of you take bait way too easily IMO.

So has anything actually changed? Those who couldn't pull FP- might be running into a glitch or maybe this change is slow to gear up?
I am hoping you are onto something.
So basically right now if double dipping was gone, OFF site guests get more FP's than ON site??? How could they do that without everyone yelling?
If OFF site guests were using magic bands too with only 3 passes, then it would be fair.

I understand them fixing the machines to not allow old passes.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: