Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #136
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

I'm glad disney is cutting down on this triple double dipping! It is horrible that all of u that were doing that. If u are breaking the rules in disney what r u doing in the real world!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Amberleefuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #137
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Checking into Boardwalk on Tuesday evening.
We do not have APs.
So we just will get Magic Bands?
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #138
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
I'm glad disney is cutting down on this triple double dipping! It is horrible that all of u that were doing that. If u are breaking the rules in disney what r u doing in the real world!!

And DOUBLE shame for any resort guest since mid-November who have been using KTTW cards given at check-in for FP- since POP guests can't get that card...oh wait...that is not breaking the rules...but all of you are getting something POP was not getting. While I would not approve of some guy with 15 old cards getting loads of FP-, Disney has made this whole thing unfair and I am not sure it is breaking the rules to triple/double dip (please show policy that says this...morality/being fair is not a legal rule...as Disney has clearly shown to POP guests). If some card (old media, credit card, loyalty card) is put into a machine and a FP- ticket comes out, that is Disney's problem. Some people are confusing what they feel is just and proper with written rules.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #139
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta

I didn't see anything posted about it being illegal to use our AP and KTTW cards.

I just gave my MY to a friend so he could ride Space Mountain on my FP. I will be going to hades for that I know.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #140
jimCA
Earning My Ears

I fully fault Disney and the guests who did the old cards for my long wait time.
jimCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #141
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
And DOUBLE shame for any resort guest since mid-November who have been using KTTW cards given at check-in for FP- since POP guests can't get that card...oh wait...that is not breaking the rules...but all of you are getting something POP was not getting. While I would not approve of some guy with 15 old cards getting loads of FP-, Disney has made this whole thing unfair and I am not sure it is breaking the rules to triple/double dip (please show policy that says this...morality/being fair is not a legal rule...as Disney has clearly shown to POP guests). If some card (old media, credit card, loyalty card) is put into a machine and a FP- ticket comes out, that is Disney's problem. Some people are confusing what they feel is just and proper with written rules.
Disney has established a double standard throughout the FP+ testing. Initially, issuing KTTW as back-up so that all FP+ testers could also pull FP-. Now POP guests are getting MB only, while others can still use KTTW to pull FP- as well. Fair? Perhaps not. But the bolded above is like saying, if a store's security system allows you to walk out without paying for that blouse, it's their problem.

Is there a written rule stating that you can't bring your expired KTTW cards and get unlimited FPs? Probably not. That's probably because it's only possible due to a temporary programming glitch (ordinarily, you would only be able to pull FP using the ticket media that actually got you in the gate THAT DAY) and Disney never dreamed they would NEED to state such a rule in writing.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #142
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Disney has established a double standard throughout the FP+ testing. Initially, issuing KTTW as back-up so that all FP+ testers could also pull FP-. Now POP guests are getting MB only, while others can still use KTTW to pull FP- as well. Fair? Perhaps not. But the bolded above is like saying, if a store's security system allows you to walk out without paying for that blouse, it's their problem.

Is there a written rule stating that you can't bring your expired KTTW cards and get unlimited FPs? Probably not. That's probably because it's only possible due to a temporary programming glitch and Disney never dreamed they would NEED to state such a rule in writing.
And until they put thought of that down with paper and pencil, while people pulling FP- with old media may seem unfair by some (me included since I don't have any old KTTW cards, ) it is not breaking rules. I just wish they would take all those machines away and stick with the FP+, and just modify and play with that system.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #143
Sandysbuddy
Mouseketeer

We are here now and stayed at POR (now offsite for rest of trip). Still able to use MB and FP+ that we scheduled two months ago even though we are now offsite. Also able to pull FP- at AK yesterday and MK today though the crowds are low enough we haven't really needed to.
POFQ May 2011
POP Sept 2009 (Adults only trip)
Off-site July 1985, July 1986, May 2009
Sandysbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #144
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And until they put thought of that down with paper and pencil, while people pulling FP- with old media may seem unfair by some (me included since I don't have any old KTTW cards, ) it is not breaking rules. I just wish they would take all those machines away and stick with the FP+, and just modify and play with that system.
But again, the rule of FP- is that you have to wait 2 hours or until your return window before you can get another FP-. Using an expired card to get another FP- earlier than that (in fact, if you had enough cards, you could get unlimited FP-) was breaking that rule.

It's not like late FP usage of old where CMs encouraged the behavior. I think some people are confused by the fact that Disney DID encourage early FP+ testers to also pull FP- with a KTTW card that Disney provided at check-in for that purpose. But they have never encouraged people to bring in expired cards to get more than the usual number of FP- they are (dare I use the word?) entitled to.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Old 12-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #145
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But again, the rule of FP- is that you have to wait 2 hours or until your return window before you can get another FP-. Using an expired card to get another FP- earlier than that (in fact, if you had enough cards, you could get unlimited FP-) was breaking that rule.
Good God, that is a mess. I thought even the room-only KTTW cards that worked in FP- machines still worked with the 2 hour window. Are the back-up KTTW cards given at check-in working with the 2 hour window? Are you saying those old cards could be used back to back even 5 minutes apart? Well, I just want FP- (or FP+) to go away and have everyone use 1 system. That way POP guests don't get FP+ and every other resort guest gets FP+ and FP-
Old 12-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #146
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good God, that is a mess. I thought even the room-only KTTW cards that worked in FP- machines still worked with the 2 hour window. Are the back-up KTTW cards given at check-in working with the 2 hour window? Are you saying those old cards could be used back to back even 5 minutes apart? Well, I just want FP- (or FP+) to go away and have everyone use 1 system. That way POP guests don't get FP+ and every other resort guest gets FP+ and FP-
As I understand it (and I could be wrong because I haven't tried this), if you brought 10 expired KTTW cards, you would have to wait the normal amount of time after using one until you could get another FP using THAT card. But you could immediately isert card #2 and get another FP. You'd then have to wait the normal amount of time before using card #2. No problem. Just insert card #3 and get another. Repeat with Cards #4-10. In two hours, start over with card #1 and repeat the process. That's what I meant by "unlimited" FP (limited only by how many expired cards you bring and FP availability of course).

ETA: To clarify, I don't think there was anything wrong with "double dipping" when Disney gave FP+ testers a KTTW card and told them to also pull FP- with it. But that's not the same as someone bringing in expired cards to use in addition to their current card so they can pull FP- more frequently.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Last edited by magicbob; 12-01-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #147
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

We left on monday and it was still available. we loved double dipping knowing that it would be gone prior to our next trip. RIP double dipping.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #148
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As I understand it (and I could be wrong because I haven't tried this), if you brought 10 expired KTTW cards, you would have to wait the normal amount of time after using one until you could get another FP using THAT card. But you could immediately isert card #2 and get another FP. You'd then have to wait the normal amount of time before using card #2. No problem. Just insert card #3 and get another. That's what I meant by "unlimited" FP (limited only by how many expired cards you bring).
Got you. I thought you meant 1 card could pull unlimited and no 2 hour window.

Hopefully more people report in as to their experience today to try to figure out what is going on there now.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #149
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's probably because it's only possible due to a temporary programming glitch (ordinarily, you would only be able to pull FP using the ticket media that actually got you in the gate THAT DAY) and Disney never dreamed they would NEED to state such a rule in writing.
A temporary glitch that hasn't been fixed since at least early October. And likely earlier. Oh yeah, disney REALLY cares about it....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #150
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ninja View Post
I checked into ASSp yesterday on an AP room only discount and was not given a KTTW card. I did online check in and received my MB about a month ago. He checke that I had my mB and told me that was all I needed and never even mentioned KTTW cards. If I had known yesterday about them possibly going away, I would have asked about it but I didn't even think about not getting a KTTW.

I can use my MB for park entry and FP+. Still can't believe I haven't had any issues with it. I probably just jinxed myself. My AP was able to pull FP- at MK yesterday. I haven't needed any at Epcot. I'm on my way to MK, so I'll see if it works there today.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: