Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #106
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

I was a volunteer for the regular size drink at out martini tasting session. That makes for some serious alcohol consumption! LOL. I persevered though!! :-). We also had to do a double dip for tastings on out last day because of schedule and we definitely needed an afternoon nap afterwards. :-)

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #107
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
I was a volunteer for the regular size drink at out martini tasting session. That makes for some serious alcohol consumption! LOL. I persevered though!! :-).
Hehehe...way to take one for the team!

Gotta love those nominals!!
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #108
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

For some reason, before we left our cabin I just *had* to take a photo of the bedside lamp:

Oh yeah, I remember the reason now!

The kids were antsy to do something they wanted to do - so while daddy 'rested', I took them up to the pool deck for a swim.
Dh said he would meet us up on deck in a few minutes.

V's tablemate friend was there so they frolicked in the pool.

And I watched a bit of Tangled on funnel vision.

Oooh...this is one of my favourite parts!

Good thing it wasn't the lantern scene. I always cry during the lantern scene.

K amused herself with cartwheels on stage for a while. She doesn't like the 'big' pool but I couldn't leave V
unattended to take her to the Mickey pool.

In between scenes of Tangled, I watched the clouds float by:

Sigh...does it get any better?

Eventually K got bored with cartwheels and I was starting to wonder what was keeping DH.
There was no answer on the wave phone so K and I decided to go find him. Our tablemate was on the pool deck now so we left her supervising the girls
in the pool and headed down to check out the cabin.

No Dh there so wandered around and ended up in the Atrium.

Checking out the hidden Mickey

Hide 'n Seek with Ariel:

And the must-have photo under the Christmas Tree:

By now I was really starting to wonder where Dh was, and wondering how mad he'd be if he was trying to find us on the pool deck while we were wandering around!

Oh well, we kept wandering...right down Beat Street.

These portholes are just made for relaxing!

The Cadillac Lounge is at the end of the hallway and had the 'event in progress' sign in front of the doors. 'Oh, guess there's another nominal', I thought to myself...then the penny dropped and I went in:

Found him!

For those still scoring at home, that makes *3* nominals - in less than 5 hours .
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #109
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Still following along!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #110
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Still following along!
Yay! You are a brave soul indeed!

I really am trying to finish it up...honest! In fact, I'd much rather stay home and edit photos and post updates but darn it, this working for a living keeps getting in the way - no matter how many lotto tickets I buy!!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #111
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Still following along too. I love that your DH managed to squeeze another tasting into the schedule.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
Old 05-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #112
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Ah yes, had to re-read my last installment to remember where I was! Well, we know DH was in his happy place so that's good.
According to him, it was all Ivan's fault ("He made me stay!").

Sure, honey...keep telling yourself that!

On the bright side, he won a free beer too so yeah, it was well worth it (to him )

So we left him in his natural habitat and headed back through Beat Street.

Love the details!
I don't know if I had ever noticed the record at the doorway floor before
("Mommy, what's a record?")

Panic was now setting in because look! look!

Make it stop!
Don't let the sun go down...!

So back up to Deck 10 while it was still light enough for photos.

Sigh. Why does this logo make my heart beat faster?

Ah yes, still cartwheelin'...

Still setting

I held my camera out over the rail to take this picture and thought 'how stupid will I look if I drop my camera...?'
Thankfully, I didn't have to explain to DH why we needed a new camera.

And by now, DH had managed to crawl his way up to deck to meet up with us

Last edited by FergusBC; 05-28-2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: This and that
Old 05-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #113
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

And then it happened:

Sigh...the last sunset. Well, most of it.

Here's the rest of the sunset...

Once the family pried me away from the railing, (I think my fingernails may have left scratches) it was back to the cabin....

Never have I wanted to throw a rock at something as much as
I wanted to throw a rock at the TV at 5:27 pm.

I'm thinking it must have been around here that we had the last night paperwork - tip envelopes, feedback form, etc. We had prepaid our tips but had extra to add to the envelopes anyway. But when we looked at the tickets, there was the wrong name for our main server. I went down to Guest Services to see what was up with that. Hey, did you know sometimes the servers have nicknames on their nametags but it's their real name on the tip ticket? LOL...live and learn. I was just happy to know the right person was getting credit

It was probably also around this point that our cabin host showed up at the door. We got a brief spiel about the 'excellent' rating. Nothing over the top and diplomatically done (I thought...I wouldn't have even registered it if there wasn't so many discussions about it on the disboards!) Oh dear, old age has set in and I can't remember his name. He was friendly but unobtrusive, kept our cabin spotless AND delighted the kids by putting princess sheets on their beds (yes, even the too cool for princesses 12 year old).

Eventually we got the chance to freshen up and head down to the theatre for the last show.

Daddy & K sharing a moment

The theatre balcony.
I figured I was safe to take flash pictures if the show hadn't actually started.

Hidden Mickey!

The show was wonderful. We were sitting close to the front and got to collect the Mickey confetti.

I'm totally blanking on the name of the show right now. But it made me happy and sad all at the same time. Weird, eh?

Bwahaha...okay, eventually the cat got off my lap and I was able to check the name in the Navigator...

"Remember the Magic"

Oh the irony!

And now that I see the Navigator, yes, it's all coming back to me. John Charles did the 'opening act' for the show. I believe he had just joined the ship in Cozumel. Up to then I hadn't thought about talent coming on board mid-cruise. I always thought they'd get on when the passengers did and then would stay for the duration. Heh, who knew?

Last edited by FergusBC; 05-28-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Spelling. It matters.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #114
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Throughout our cruises I LOVE looking at the TV to see the map and where we were at. The last two nights are hard, reality of leaving the ship sets in, and packing your home away from home is so difficult!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #115
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Throughout our cruises I LOVE looking at the TV to see the map and where we were at. The last two nights are hard, reality of leaving the ship sets in, and packing your home away from home is so difficult!
Yep, I love tracking on the TV ... until we start heading back And let's face it, the cruise is really over on that last night. There's no getting around it. The morning is just logistics of getting off the ship & trying to adapt to 'reality' (boo! hiss!) That's usually the point where I tell myself 'no more holidays!'...which never actually lasts (thankfully!)
Old 05-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #116
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

So the show over, we made our way out of the theatre...there may or may not have been a little dust in our eyes...<sob>...and wandered down to the atrium. There was pin trading scheduled and V wanted to see if she could snag a pin or two. We aren't hard-core traders but I could go totally nuts on pins, if I let myself.

First we mucked around in the Atrium a bit. I don't remember where DH was at this point. No, he wasn't at another tasting.

Well, not yet, anyway

Details! Always with the details!

Looking in through Triton's window:

We had never noticed these before...on the wall, right beside the Deck 3 doors to the Atrium...a 3D directory of the ship!

Pin Trading!

V got into line and as she got up to the officer, he turned and posed just as I took the photo!
Priceless!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #117
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
So the show over, we made our way out of the theatre...there may or may not have been a little dust in our eyes...<sob>...and wandered down to the atrium. There was pin trading scheduled and V wanted to see if she could snag a pin or two. We aren't hard-core traders but I could go totally nuts on pins, if I let myself.

First we mucked around in the Atrium a bit. I don't remember where DH was at this point. No, he wasn't at another tasting.

Well, not yet, anyway

Details! Always with the details!

Looking in through Triton's window:

We had never noticed these before...on the wall, right beside the Deck 3 doors to the Atrium...a 3D directory of the ship!

Pin Trading!

V got into line and as she got up to the officer, he turned and posed just as I took the photo!
Priceless!

I loved reading about the pin trading. My DH has recently gotten into pin trading again because he gets our DD involved. They've been doing at DLR and CA.

On our 1 st cruise we saw the pin trading in the Navigators. I asks DH if he wanted to do it on our last cruise & he said no (I don't think he wanted to bring the lanyard full of pins!). However, I'm sure he will from now on! I'm going to show your pix!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #118
Poohbear 64
Mouseketeer

Your writing is amazing, you really add enjoyment to the story!!!

August 2014 Fantasy Western Carribean
September 2013 Wonder Pacific Coast
April 1989 Big Red Boat
22 Cruises on "other" Cruise Lines

Last edited by Poohbear 64; 05-30-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Poohbear 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #119
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Once I hit that last afternoon and the suitcases have to come out, it's all downhill from there. Still enjoying your TR - you certainly crammed a lot of stuff into your last day though!

Jenny & Scott
Old 05-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #120
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear 64 View Post
Your writing is amazing, you really add enjoyment to the story!!!
Awwwwwwww..thank you, you're very sweet

Last edited by FergusBC; 05-30-2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Correcting my renegade punctuation!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: