Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #46
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post

We travel about twice a month, we happened to stop and order some food to go and I needed to use the restroom. I am hearing this mom in the handicap stall with her daughter and saying " Do you have to go ? " " are you playing around?" . I went to wash my hands and saw that her daughter was about 11 or 12
The first time she mentioned something about her 10 year old not being old enough to use the bathroom by himself I thought she was kidding. Then a few days I ago I was talking about how my 3 year old is finally potty trained, I'm just still helping him wipe, and she said "of course, I still wipe all of my kids."

Last year my DD had 2 cavities and I said I guess I need to help her brush again, and she couldn't believe I wasn't brushing for her still, and said she brushed all her kids' teeth.

Sent from me.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #47
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
The first time she mentioned something about her 10 year old not being old enough to use the bathroom by himself I thought she was kidding. Then a few days I ago I was talking about how my 3 year old is finally potty trained, I'm just still helping him wipe, and she said "of course, I still wipe all of my kids."

Last year my DD had 2 cavities and I said I guess I need to help her brush again, and she couldn't believe I wasn't brushing for her still, and said she brushed all her kids' teeth.

Sent from me.
These are the types of kids that aren't going to know what hit them when it's time to fly the next
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #48
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Two stories. About the 11 year old who still has help...my sister does not help her 12 year old wipe, but has convinced him over the years that after every #2 he must shower right away! needless to say he has constipation issues and rarely if ever goes a school.

My DD's all wipe them selves, my youngest (5) will once in a while shout she needs help though. Eldest DD distinctly remembers kindergarten a boy in her class asking her to come into the washroom and wipe his bum!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #49
Conservative Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post

These are the types of kids that aren't going to know what hit them when it's time to fly the next
Exactly.

Sent from me.
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Old 12-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #50
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

My DS6 will yell "Please check my butt! " if he makes a big poop and wants to make sure he wiped ok. I still answer this since I once found him standing on the potty trying to check his butt in the mirror.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #51
busyshrew
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't be too quick to judge on the wiping issue when it comes to girls.

A good friend (who happens to be a doctor), took us aside when our DD was about 2 and warned us to help her clean up after her number 2's for a good long time.... his own daughter had been wiping back to front (a big big no-no, and they didn't realize she had done this) and had not just one, but TWO bladder infections before the age of 5. This lead to a lot of problems, because of the severe pain she associated with going to the bathroom. Plus putting a little body on those strong antibiotics...

So I wouldn't hesitate to help a girl out for much longer. And I wouldn't be shocked if a petite girl needed help well into age 5 or 6, it's quite a balancing act for kids if you think about it, and my daughter couldn't even touch the floor when she was sitting on the toilet until she was around 6 years old!
busyshrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #52
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseheidi View Post
We use the flush able wipes at home, but she does pretty good with regular TP when in public. And the flush able wipes are only for when she poops.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...ge-authorities

Just be careful, because flushable wipes are the problem. We have a friend that is a plumber and he will confirm this.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #53
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by primgirl View Post
When I read this I had no idea that people stood up to wipe. I googled it and a large percentage of the population stands. I truly had no idea, I assumed everyone wiped while sitting.

The things I learn on the disboard.
People wipe standing up??? Learn something new every day.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #54
MissMichigan
A most peculiar mademoiselle

My aunt has a friend with a daughter, i think she's 10 or 11...maybe even a bit older. The mom is a teacher in the daughter's school. Every time the girl goes to the bathroom, her teacher calls mom's classroom. Mom leaves her classroom to go wipe the girl. No disabilities at all or anything.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #55
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW

People wipe standing up??? Learn something new every day.
no kidding right?

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #56
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic
My boys were 4. I first taught them to wipe while still sitting when they were about 3.5 and then standing at 4.
It was a requirement for stheir school that they were completely toilet trained before starting kindergarden
Why would you teach them to wipe while standing? Never heard that one before.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #57
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Does my 25 yr old mental retarded son count haven't stopped wiping his hiney yet don't see that ever stopping either.

With my three dd where about 4-5 yrs old, never did the all baby wipe thing.

http://deadspin.com/5424415/sitters-...reat-wipe-hope

Last edited by lauradis; 12-01-2013 at 12:10 PM.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #58
CanBeGrumpy
Has a built in Mayo gag reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Why would you teach them to wipe while standing? Never heard that one before.
Same here. Wouldn't standing up, umm, make your butt cheeks closer together and make wiping that much harder? Never would I ever have imagined that people wipe their butts while standing. It seems so much more difficult, and the mess factor seems to go up considerably. I'm so confused!

As for the kid in the OP, when he said "I'm done" are you sure he didn't wipe himself and just wanted a check from Mom or Dad? Perhaps they've been having some hideous laundry appearing in his hamper and have decided it is easier to check his butt than to launder his gross underwear. My stepdaughter was 8 when I married her Dad, and I could tell from the laundry that "butt wiping" was not one of her better skills. I never said anything, though--didn't want to embarrass her! I'm sure she's resolved the issue by now, since she is 26 years old! If not, it is her or her husband's problem now!
CanBeGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #59
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

I stand, but its more of a crouch really. It always made more sense to me, especially in public restrooms.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #60
Conservative Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
Does my 25 yr old mental retarded son count haven't stopped wiping his hiney yet don't see that ever stopping either.

With my three dd where about 4-5 yrs old, never did the all baby wipe thing.

http://deadspin.com/5424415/sitters-...reat-wipe-hope
I don't think anyone is referring to special needs children or adults who need help caring for themselves.

Sent from me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: