Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Boardwalk529
Mouseketeer

Cali Grill vs Citricos

So I apologize because I know these restaurants have been compared before, but I'm incredibly torn between the two for my post Magic Kingdom dinner on 12/5. I've never been to Cali Grill so I was floored when I found an ADR for 7:30 (park closes at 7:00). However, I'm considering changing to Citricos with so many mixed reviews of CG post-renovation.

For those who have been to both, did you enjoy one a lot more than the other? And is one more formal? Though I'll definitely dress nicer than I normally would to go to the Magic Kingdom, I won't be in very dressy clothes (jeans, nice shirt, ballet flats, etc.) , so I'd want the least formal of the two.
Boardwalk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
msteddom
We always wait in line in California, just like we sit in traffic

I have not been to CA Grill since the renovations, but the two restaurants ou are debating between are two of my favorites. I like them equally for very different reasons:

When at CA Grill there is no mistaking you are at Disney. The food is good and the service is good, but neither is outstanding. For me it is all about that fabulous view! I usually eat at the bar rather than reserving a table. I usually eat here early in my trip to celebrate the beginning of a trip.

Citricos has outstanding food and fabulous service, but it doesn't have as much of a "Disney" feel to it. It is generally elegant and quiet. I have never had a bad experience here. I usually eat here later in my trip when I am ready for a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

You also asked which restaurant is more casual. I think you would be fine in either restaurant, but CA Grill gets a slight edge for being more casual.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one; it just depends on what you are looking for.

Melissa
Aug. 1986- Off Site, Feb. 1992- Off Site, Nov. 2000- Off Site, Aug. 2003 POR, April 2004- POFQ, Aug. 2004- YC, Feb. 2005- POFQ, Aug. 2005- BWV,Jan. 2006 BCV,Aug. 2006 POP, Dec. 2006 POR, Aug 2007-YC, Dec. 2007- BWV, Aug. 2008 4 night Wonder Double Dip, Jan. 2009- BWV, Aug. 2009 BWV/Dolphin, Jan. 2010 BLT/BWV, Aug. 2010 WL/BWV, Aug. 2011 5 night Dream/ WLV, Jul. 2012 POR/BVV, June 2013 BWV/Fantasy Eastern/YC
msteddom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Polish Hammer
Mouseketeer

I read so many mixed reviews on Cali Grill we were going to cancel our ADR...so glad we didn't. Dinner was outstanding, view against window with view of MK amazing, all in all a great choice.
Polish Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Both are good and neither is "more formal" than the other--the dress code is exactly the same and you will see all sorts of dress (shorts, t-shirts, slacks, jeans,polos etc) in both.

So don't let dress be any sort of factor.

We do both places each trip, tho I haven't yet been to the renovated CG. If you haven't been to the CG and the menu looks good, I'd take the 7:30 at CG.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: