Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: If FP+ stays AS-IS, do you give it a Thumbs Up or a Thumbs Down?
Thumbs Up 60 18.07%
Thumbs Down 221 66.57%
Haven't experienced FP+ yet in the parks 44 13.25%
Other (undecided, don't care, what's FP?, etc.) 7 2.11%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!
 
Fantaluminishes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Close enough to hear the DL fireworks from home.
Posts: 547

Thumbs way up here. I don't go to WDW during peak seasons, so I really like this system. This was new and exciting for me. It was also a very convenient perk. I enjoyed planning my FP+ attractions a couple of weeks before leaving home, and changing those plans on the fly, if needed.

Using my iPhone, or the kiosks in the parks was nice. And the Magic Band is Disney's best innovation of its kind since the "e-ticket".

One of the most obvious facts about the DIS is that people here do not embrace change in any way. It's sad that people on these boards are so negative. Especially those who whine excessively about things they haven't even tried.
__________________
DLR 100+ times since '67. WDW: '97 - '01, '12 and '13 ASMU, Ft. WL, CSR, AKL, WL, (and off-site twice)
Fantaluminishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
g-dad66
DIS Veteran
 
g-dad66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 4,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes View Post
One of the most obvious facts about the DIS is that people here do not embrace change in any way. It's sad that people on these boards are so negative. Especially those who whine excessively about things they haven't even tried.

Another thing that's obvious to me is that a lot of folks have had very unpleasant experiences with MB/FP+ during the past couple of months.

As an example, check out these reports I just now finished reading on page 23 of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50181158

I feel very bad for these folks.
__________________


Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes
Thumbs way up here. I don't go to WDW during peak seasons, so I really like this system. This was new and exciting for me. It was also a very convenient perk. I enjoyed planning my FP+ attractions a couple of weeks before leaving home, and changing those plans on the fly, if needed.

Using my iPhone, or the kiosks in the parks was nice. And the Magic Band is Disney's best innovation of its kind since the "e-ticket".

One of the most obvious facts about the DIS is that people here do not embrace change in any way. It's sad that people on these boards are so negative. Especially those who whine excessively about things they haven't even tried.
Did you enjoy being limited to 3 fastpasses per day, or having to use them all in the same park?

This isn't something that needs to be tried to see if you will like it.
sonofanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
davidl81
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 81

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The OP asked for a vote from only people who have used fast pass plus. It looks like over half of the people who voted have not even used them in the parks yet. I would have loved to see a poll just from people who actually used them, not just read about it on the Internet.
davidl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #20
g-dad66
DIS Veteran
 
g-dad66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 4,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl81 View Post
The OP asked for a vote from only people who have used fast pass plus. It looks like over half of the people who voted have not even used them in the parks yet.


Why do you say this?
__________________


Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #21
dayvewc
DIS Veteran
 
dayvewc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arkansas - White River Delta region
Posts: 706

I voted "thumbs down" - barely - but only because of the phrasing of the question.

"As-is" = with tiering, inability to park-hop, requirement to choose 3 or not repeating a ride, limited ability to choose times - these are all negative issues for me on FP+.

Since I went before the tiering took effect, I do not have direct experience with that part of it. The restriction with hopping normally does not affect me a lot, as I usually spend all day in 1 park anyway, but it is nice to have the option.

Being forced to choose 3 different rides was irritating, since in EP, HS, and AK there are not 3 rides I actually care enough to stand in line for, even FP lines.

Finally, having limited time frames to choose from and then having to change each selection after "choosing" an option I found to be a time-consuming waste. It would work much better for me to be given a list of available times for each ride and allow me to select from those one at a time.

So, for me, minor tweaks would quickly move me into a "thumbs up" category, as overall I liked it overall.

Also, I am limiting my opinion expressed here strictly and solely to FP+. I am not addressing MDX, the phone apps, WiFi in the parks, connectivity issues, etc. Just FP+ itself.
__________________
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake , Spring Break '15 DisneyLand Grand Californian

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl81 View Post
The OP asked for a vote from only people who have used fast pass plus. It looks like over half of the people who voted have not even used them in the parks yet. I would have loved to see a poll just from people who actually used them, not just read about it on the Internet.
How do you know that? The people who commented have visited.

I wonder what the 80,000 people a day staying off site visiting wdw right now would say to this poll. They are there at the parks watching on site guests grabbing FP+ and FP- and blocked from the FP+ only rides.

They aren't happy with this system. They represent more than half of all Disney guests.
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #23
SoonerSean
Mouseketeer
 
SoonerSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 155

Thumbs up with a qualifier - they keep the existing paper FP or give more than three choices wo tiering.

We booked a few weeks back and didn't have tiering issues. And planning ahead wasn't an issue bc of how easy it was to switch. I literally changed rides moments before getting on the new one. We were in line one day for something and decided we didn't want to do the next FP+ pick so we changed and stepped into the FP+ line instead.

All in all I honestly loved it. But that is largely due to the fact that we still pulled 3-4 traditional FP each day. If we had not been able to do that my opinion would be different. Otherwise they worked fine and it was easy to change via the app.

My only complaints with it as-is would be that it has greatly affected lines for attractions that didnt previously have a FP. And it's confusing to people that can't pull a FP at the park to see a FP line and g around trying to find a kiosk. Also - some rides simply don't need a FP of any kind. So it's a bit of a waste to even offer it and I can imagine a lot of people pulling one bc they're a first time visitor and then they arrive and see how silly it was to waste a choice on say Philharmagic, Laugh Floor or even Dumbo. Saw several attractions where it was as easy to go standby as use a FP+ and others where they FP+ line meant standby was grossly too long bc they had less space to queue up.

Last edited by SoonerSean; 11-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.
SoonerSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #24
Pooksie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
Thumbs down.

3 FPs are not enough for our family, limiting it to one park and tiers just turn it into a sad joke.

I'm not sure how they think they'll convince most people that a reservation for one headliner ride in a day is a significant plus.
They don't have to convince anyone of anything if what I believe will happen actually happens.

If Disney starts selling additional FP+ reservations by tier to people, then the limit of 3 per day will be a soft limit that you can increase by purchasing a few more tier one FP+ reservations.

The 71 people here on DIS who voted dislike are a drop in the bucket compared to the percentage of the 12 million annual visitors to the parks that will pay for convenience. People will pay for convenience as evidenced all the time in retail. Universal Studios shows this in a relative way.

The all you can eat buffet that was FP- is being replaced by the a la carte system of FP+. Disney just hasn't yet started selling additional FP+ reservations, but they will imo and many many people will take the opportunity to gain the convenience of being able to cater the rides to their wants and schedules. Monetizing the FP+ system seems inevitable based on tiered rides and soft limits of 3 FP+ per day. It's the perfect setup for it. With over 1 billion spent on MyMagic plus, it makes perfect sense to try to recoup some of that expense by monetizing FP+.
Pooksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #25
BillyBuckner
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 173

Thumbs up "as is" with a qualifier.

Currently you can still pull FP- in addition to FP+, and if you have room only key cards you can triple dip

With triple dipping our trip from Nov 16-24 was our least stressful ever. But if paper FP are gone it would be thumbs down
__________________

02/2008: 7 days @ CR; 11/2009: 12 days @ POP; 01/2012: 8 days @ CSR; 11/2012: 8 days @ CBR/CSR
BillyBuckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #26
BillyBuckner
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 173

We go during non busy times. But I really liked the fact that when I could see that I was going to be late for my FP+ for Kali or Jungle Cruise that I could bump it back one hour without running across the park.

Or when I realized that I wasn't going to use afternoon FP+ for Peter Pan because I already rode it in morning, I was able to change it for a different ride while standing in the short line that I was already in
__________________

02/2008: 7 days @ CR; 11/2009: 12 days @ POP; 01/2012: 8 days @ CSR; 11/2012: 8 days @ CBR/CSR
BillyBuckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #27
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes View Post

One of the most obvious facts about the DIS is that people here do not embrace change in any way. It's sad that people on these boards are so negative. Especially those who whine excessively about things they haven't even tried.
Not everyone who dislikes FP+ is just whining or has an issue with change. We used it, didn't like it. Not because it was a change, we didn't like how it made us constantly watch a clock, how we had to race from one side of the park to the next because the only times we could get for Soarin' and Test Track conflicted. We hated the fact that it took away spontaneity. With the tiering system it makes it worse because we miss out on rides we want (or be willing to wait in a 90 min line) and make ride reservations we are never going to use.

Sorry, some people actually don't like FP+
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #28
disneymath
DIS Veteran
 
disneymath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,436

Thumbs Up with a qualifier ... We went in mid-October (columbus day) ... no tiering in effect. 3 FP+ per day worked out well for us, we did not even attempt to double dip. We don't park hop, so no issues with FP+ being one park per day. We don't usually repeat rides, so that restriction was/is also not a big deal. Overall the experience was positive, (though not perfect or fantastic) even when changes needed to be made. Wifi in DHS was slow, but I was able to change a FP+ on the fly. Slept in on Epcot day and tried to modify FP+s to later times ... nothing available (party of 8 ppl) ... plus a lot of rides down, so opted to try AK instead and was able to get FP+s for Kali, Safari, and FotLK even though it was already midday. Ended up being one of our best AK visits ever. Since we go every year or so, it's not the end of the world if we don't hit all the parks, or all the rides we like - so being flexible about what's available when changing FP+s day of is no big deal. That said, I am not happy to hear about the tiering, especially at Epcot. If we get 3FP+ options, we should be able to pick any 3 rides in the park that are part of FP+.
__________________
Offsite - 1986, 1991, CBR Aug 1989, ASMo Aug 2003, WL Aug 2006, ASMu (FS) Dec 2007, AKL Aug 2008, CSR Aug 2009, BLT Aug 2010 DVC BLT since September 2010
DCL & ABD Alaskan Wonders Aug 2011, BLT (1st Trip Home) Dec 2011/Jan 2012, OKW Aug 2012, BLT (first MNSSHP) Oct 2013, DLH/VGC (first visit to CA) Aug 2014


disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #29
lucyem
DIS Veteran
 
lucyem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,989

We are using it now. Like I said it kills spontaneity and flexibility. And we can presently double dip etc. but we all know that's going. And I do not care if I have to pay for fps. My reasoning for hating FP+ I listed. These are not issues we have had but could easily see happening to the average guest.
And it all stems from not enough to ride in each park. Where FP+ can be changed on the go. And it kills hopping.

FYI I stood in guest services line for 45 minutes the other day. A good third of issues were magic band related. Dead bands etc.
__________________
lucyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #30
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?
 
ilovefh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NH
Posts: 2,357

I said thumbs up, but again, only if the paper tickets stay. Yesterday we had fastpasses for 6 different rides. It was nice knowing that we could get to MK around 1 and we would definitely not be waiting in the crazy Peter Pan line because we already had a fastpass.

I also like the current set up where they release some the day of. Friday morning I checked and ended up with fastpasses at DHS for 10, 11 and 12. One of which was Toy Story. It was nice knowing we didn't have to get there at park opening and make a mad dash back there.

I don't love the limit of 3 but I can see why it's needed. I think if they changed it to a limit of 3 and then you can sign up the morning of, from the park, for more. Maybe like the paper ones where you can only hold one additional ticket at a time.
__________________
Me: DH: DS:
ilovefh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.