Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 04:03 AM   #1
Rosey lea
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream Newbie.......Stateroom Help!

Hello All

I am a complete novice to the world of cruising and would like to book a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream next year.

I am researching as much as I can on the internet but the stateroom choice's have blown my mind. I just don't understand the Rating Scale and Category numbers Can someone explain the category's to me please?

Basically from what I've read I would like a room with a perspex (not solid wall) balcony or large porthole (depending on price)

I don't really know what deck to choose either We will use lots of the facilities on board such as pools, theatre shows and kids clubs. Are some decks more expensive than others?

Can anyone recommend a good deck or room choice please?

Thank you for any help
Rosey lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:53 AM   #2
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

Any room on the Ship is better than no room :good vibes
Inside staterooms (no ocean view) are the least expensive, porthole rooms more expensive and private verandah the most expensive (not counting concierge, which is outragesly expensive).
Further guidelines: the higher the deck the more expensive and midships is more expensive than aft or forward.
With these rankings all staterooms are divided in categories of the same room, and comparable location. Just have a look at the deck plans and you will get it.

A 3 day cruise is very short (embarkation, Nassau, Castaway Cay), so you might consider how much time you will actually spend in your stateroom and whether the private verandah is worth the money to you. I would recommend a 4 day cruise, which will give you one sea day to enjoy the ship. Even then there will be no way you can do and see all, so you will have to come back several times to enjoy what you missed on previous cruises.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: