Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2003, 08:38 AM   #1
ehbis
Earning My Ears

Entertainment rate and Loew's Card

I was wondering if anybody that booked a rate with the Entertainment Card still got their Loew's benefits with it? Thanks!
Steve
ehbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

Welcome to the boards. This has been a hot topic many times. And I think the majority of about 95 % of the time the answer is yes. I have stayed many, many times using the ent rate with multiple rooms and always got the treat for every room.

Offically PARTYOFNINE
PartyofSix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
ehbis
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info and welcome:D ! I figured that was the main perk to deal with at check-in, and that use of the health club wouldn't be an issue, as one just needs to show the card. I got an Entertainment Rate of $150 garden view for HRH for 3 adults and 2 kids for 3/13-3/17. Portofino was available for $195- bay view
Old 01-27-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

If you prefer PBH you should keep calling rates do fall to 150'ish for there bay view rooms which are wonderful!

Offically PARTYOFNINE
PartyofSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 AM   #5
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Do you show your Loews card at check in to get the welcome gift or will they have it in the room?
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:50 AM   #6
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Can we get two gifts since we are checking out of HRH and then staying at RPR? when we check in at each can we request the gift? If so, can we pick 2 different gifts?
LO
Old 01-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #7
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

LO,

I always just hand them the card with reservation at Check-In. If you filled out a profile they have your requests on record but I dont see why you cant request a different welcome gift. Do it when checking in.

As far as getting one at each hotel, we did that with no problems.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:16 PM   #8
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

One more thing, I did not have a card when I made the reservations, should I call and give them the number or can I just give it to them at check in?
Old 01-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #9
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Can't hurt to call now and have it added to the reservation. I would
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #10
ehbis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally posted by PartyofSix
If you prefer PBH you should keep calling rates do fall to 150'ish for there bay view rooms which are wonderful!
Thanks again for the advice. Our rates would probably be a bit more with 3 adults. If a better view for HRH shows up, that would be good. I don't know if they ever offer the Entertainment rate on a kid's suite or if an upgrade might be available at check in for extra money. I think I'm going to be fine with Hard Rock, reviews I've read on Travelocity and TripAdvisor are much more consistently good with HRH than Portofino.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #11
kat28
Earning My Ears

Decided to book a trip to Universal and stay on site. Where do I go? Of course--universalstudios.com. You could only book packages--should be the best way to go right? Booked the trip-7 nites at RPH june15-22 standard view. Price for the hotel is $1424 for 7 days (or 203 per night) What benefits does the package give you? 2 adult passes to wet and wild/or one meal. Now I'm reading about discounted rates/entertainment book deals, etc. (coincidentally, we do have an entertainment book).

This might be an obvious question--Did we get ripped off?

How does Universal get away with doing this?
kat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #12
Disney Debbie
Survivor
Disney Queen
Would like a self-cooking stove
Fly paper couldn't be any tackier!

First of all - you can book a room only online. Click on the On-Site Resorts button - don't go to the buy tickets and vacation button.

Secondly - If you don't like your deal - try for something better. If you have an Entertainment Card call and see what the rate is for your dates. If it's better - cancel your ressies and make new ones at that rate.

Third - If you still don't get a good rate, check out the Loew's site and see what they have. Join Loew's first for free while your there - you may get a room upgrade at check in and you're supposed to get a "welcome" gift.

Fourth - The deal online for the 5 consecutive days tickets for the price of a 2 day ticket can't be beat!

Fifth - You didn't get ripped off - you just didn't get the best deal. You've got plenty of time to research and come up with something better!

Disney Debbie @ Blizzard Beach 6-7-08 with her nieces, DH, DD & brother
Disney Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:56 AM   #13
kat28
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info DD. I feel better about the rate considering the discounted park ticket rates. Already signed up for Lowe's card. We'll apply it to our ressies once received. We'll also ask them about where our room is at that time (It seems like some buildings are better than others by the sounds of other threads).
kat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:52 AM   #14
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

I have been checking around for differnt rates.One thing that I have not been able to figure out is one day I looked into a 2 nite thre day package at RP it was about 730 on uswebsite.The next day it was 970.

I then called RP direct and asked for entertainment rate.
I got Waterview for 125 a night and now they offer passes pay for 2 days get five.The passes are $88 for 5 days seems too good to be true.

I did not do the math but could it be cheaper for you to book entertaineent rate for hotel and buy 2 day passes get days.Even if you buy 2 sets of 5 day passes.That is if you plan on going to US parks everyday if you are taking a day off you may only need five day of passes

The entertaianment rate was drasticly lower than any thing offered online.
AAA,Amexx,Expedia,Loews,among others.

Call and ask for all rates the woman on the phone was very helpful
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:41 PM   #15
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Well, if you are paying $125/night for two nights and then $90 each for two tickets it works out to $430 for your two night vacation. Pretty good deal. Way better than the package of $730.

I don't think package deals work to your advantage very often.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: