Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #91
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I have exactly 3 minutes left to squeeze out some replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! I didn't even know you started this! Subbing now, but will go back to read in a little while!
and I just noticed you started yours too! I am heading there now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I am not a morning person at all. I really wish that I was though.
I love mornings, with no alarm I'm up by no later than 7 every morning.

A picture of our intrepid photographer!
Can you imagine?? Hahaha I never have pictures of me!

Hahaha, all the Prince John gif makes me think of is...."I've got a dirty thumb....."

Whenever we do Photopass and pre purchase, I try to use it to it's fullest. I'll stop at the same person multiple times on different days.
Absolutely, and why not? I want my money's worth!

Wow, you're claustrophobic and you go on Mission: Space? That's impressive.
The first time I ever went on it I didn't know there would be an issue, then when I survived, I found myself able to go on each time after that! hahaha I trick my brain I guess!

Hahahaha, Geordi!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Those are amazing pictures!
Thanks!

I am glad so far your magic bands are working. I had a friend who got back a few weeks ago and said she had so many problems with hers. She said one day it took an hour to get everyone in the park. Hopefully things are getting smoother everyday.
I really had no problems at all, which was strange because I know a lot of people did.

I could really go for some of that strawberry shortcake right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Joining in!

Wow, love the view from your room. What an awesome upgrade!

Your photos around AKL are stunning. Definitely worth getting up early for.

I'm excited to hear the cleaned up the screen for Soarin'. Can't wait to smell the orange scent!

The strawberry shortcake looks yummy.
Glad to have you!
Oh it was such an amazing upgrade for sure, we were so lucky.
I was so happy that Soarin' got a clean up job, it needed it!

(Oops! One minute over!)
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #92
amazingact21
Upendi

Those first 2 photos of the Epcot globe with the monorail going past are stunning. I might have to save one and make it my tablet's background for a few days.

You would think with the queue for Nemo the ride would contain so much more than it does.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #93
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh.... Strawberry shortcake...... There isn't a smiley face icon that drools is there?? Enjoying your TR - and loving the pictures.... Getting me excited for our trip next month!! I haven't gone on mission space is forever, like since my honeymoon - it made me not feel good.... Also, like your picture taking pictures of Johnny and the very posed ones of each other! Very silly/sweet!!

And I can't believe how close Christmas is!! Christmas is as fun as Disney
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #94
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hahaha, I'm guessing you're coming to Hali!!! Hmm, if you happen to be in town nearby... just sayin'.

Oooh I love that Monorail/SE photo. Beautiful!! Like Disney promotional beautiful!!

Wow, I just realized I didn't step one foot in the Seas pavilion AT ALL this trip. Thankfully I have your awesome photos.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #95
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm subscribing!

You take absolutely GORGEOUS photos!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #96
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the fish through the glass. Well done.

Also, I'd kill for a piece of that strawberry shortcake right about now.
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
March 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside
B&WMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #97
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Wendy! My gosh your photos are all amazing. Really, you can't take too many so no worries about constraint! The views of AKL and the savanna bring back such great memories.

I'm pretty much a morning person too. Even in Disney with late nights I still can't sleep much past 7am. (I know, that's not early but we were not getting to bed until after 1am so I'm sticking with 7am being early!)

What a great photo of you and Johnny with Santa. I hope you gave him you wish list since I'm sure you've been a very good girl.

I look forward to reading more but more than that seeing more of your amazing photos.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #98
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those clown fish are SO cool. Tell me what kind of settings you use for photographing the fish in the small tanks. I find it somewhat confusing with the glass barrier.

So happy that you have almost finished your work schedule and have off for Christmas. Denny gets off for a big stretch before Christmas. Me? Well, I get off Christmas day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #99
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos! Makes me want to be there even more...
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #100
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!! I'm going to guess you were using your new Sigma lens for all those pictures in The Seas? That queue and ride for Nemo is pretty darn dark and love how your pictures turned out. And that shallow depth of field in the clown fish tank is just perfect. Love them!

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #101
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos!! We spent lots of quality time at The Seas on our latest trip - DD just loved it!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #102
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Loving your report so far and the fun fun photos.

I so understand what you mean abut proving you are on the trip. I take most of the photos and have to remind myself to step into them once in a while.

We did the PhotoPass+ this time as a major reminder.
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #103
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Those first 2 photos of the Epcot globe with the monorail going past are stunning. I might have to save one and make it my tablet's background for a few days.

You would think with the queue for Nemo the ride would contain so much more than it does.
Yes, exactly! The queue is such a lead up to a disappointing ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Ahhhh.... Strawberry shortcake...... There isn't a smiley face icon that drools is there?? Enjoying your TR - and loving the pictures.... Getting me excited for our trip next month!! I haven't gone on mission space is forever, like since my honeymoon - it made me not feel good.... Also, like your picture taking pictures of Johnny and the very posed ones of each other! Very silly/sweet!!

And I can't believe how close Christmas is!! Christmas is as fun as Disney
I don't know about a drooling smiley, but I can picture it by looking in a mirror when I think about the shortcake...
I can't wrap my mind around how fast Christmas is coming! 5 more days! And I totally agree, I like Christmas at least as much as Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Hahaha, I'm guessing you're coming to Hali!!! Hmm, if you happen to be in town nearby... just sayin'.
Not anymore! Darn. Would have been fun to meet up too. Johnny's headed to his allergy testing (Spring Garden Rd. somewhere) and I'm stuck working on my day off. Gotta love Christmas in retail!

Oooh I love that Monorail/SE photo. Beautiful!! Like Disney promotional beautiful!!
Aww thanks Rob!

Wow, I just realized I didn't step one foot in the Seas pavilion AT ALL this trip. Thankfully I have your awesome photos.
I do love watching the fish, but really I could take it or leave it. I usually end up in there waiting for a fastpass for something else!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm subscribing!

You take absolutely GORGEOUS photos!!!
You're not very late at all!
And thanks
Old 12-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #104
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
Great pictures of the fish through the glass. Well done.

Also, I'd kill for a piece of that strawberry shortcake right about now.
Thanks!
And yes, so would I! (6:30am isn't too early for strawberry shortcake.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Wendy! My gosh your photos are all amazing. Really, you can't take too many so no worries about constraint! The views of AKL and the savanna bring back such great memories.
Aww thanks Brenda! You know, the AKL views bring back great memories for me already too.

I'm pretty much a morning person too. Even in Disney with late nights I still can't sleep much past 7am. (I know, that's not early but we were not getting to bed until after 1am so I'm sticking with 7am being early!)
I'd call 7am early, especially on vacation, and double especially on a DISNEY vacation -- those things aren't exactly relaxing!

What a great photo of you and Johnny with Santa. I hope you gave him you wish list since I'm sure you've been a very good girl.
Oh I did, I have connections so I get hooked up every Christmas.

I look forward to reading more but more than that seeing more of your amazing photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those clown fish are SO cool. Tell me what kind of settings you use for photographing the fish in the small tanks. I find it somewhat confusing with the glass barrier.
The biggest thing is to shut off the flash, open your aperture as wide as you can and hike up your ISO as much as you need to (most fish tanks, especially marine tanks, have some pretty strong light and you might not need to put your ISO up too much). Don't forget to never go slower than 1/60 shutter speed, and if your fish are fast movers, you're going to need to go faster than that. For example, the first clown fish picture EXIF data looks like this:

Exif data
Camera Canon EOS 60D
Exposure 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture f/1.8
Focal Length 35 mm
ISO Speed 200
Flash Off, Did not fire
Exposure Program Shutter speed priority AE
White Balance Auto
Lens 18-35mm

So happy that you have almost finished your work schedule and have off for Christmas. Denny gets off for a big stretch before Christmas. Me? Well, I get off Christmas day.
I'm so glad to hear you got Christmas day off! (My mom works at a continuing care home and can't get Christmas day off, first time in about 8years!) I was supposed to be off today but I have to go in, workload is completely overwhelming for our tiny outfit. Staff of 3 and we're just not keeping up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Gorgeous photos! Makes me want to be there even more...
Thank you! That's the one bad thing about reading the trip reports and seeing the photos, isn't it?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #105
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Great pictures!! I'm going to guess you were using your new Sigma lens for all those pictures in The Seas? That queue and ride for Nemo is pretty darn dark and love how your pictures turned out. And that shallow depth of field in the clown fish tank is just perfect. Love them!
You got it. I used that lens for almost everything actually, it was a fun challenge when I'm so used to having the 18-250! The depth of field was a lot of fun to play with.
And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Gorgeous photos!! We spent lots of quality time at The Seas on our latest trip - DD just loved it!
Thanks! It's just so relaxing in there, I love it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Loving your report so far and the fun fun photos.

I so understand what you mean abut proving you are on the trip. I take most of the photos and have to remind myself to step into them once in a while.

We did the PhotoPass+ this time as a major reminder.
Thanks!
Yes, the Photopass is definitely a good way to get in the pictures. I like some candid ones too which Johnny's just not that good at yet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: