Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Has anyone done the 3 day Bahamas cruise in February?

I am curious as to what the weather might be like on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas in February?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
bliscum
Mouseketeer

I did one this year and the weather was wonderful. Can be a little chill in the evening but during the day the weather was sunny and warm NOT hot.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

We went early February 2013 and the weather was FABULOUS. I think the high on CC was 79. It was a little breezy at night so take a sweater. Here are a couple of pics of what our days looked like.

Nassau

Castaway Cay

Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf!
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Nette
DIS Veteran

We were at Castaway Cay in Feb 2010 and it was FUH-REEZING. The temps were in the low 80s, but the wind chill was really cold. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt all day. And forget getting in the water, it was like ice.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
BoJangles76
Earning My Ears

We found it quite warm while in Nassau and on CC but found the ship to be much cooler (due to the wind).

It depends where you are coming from. We were coming from -10C so it was hot to us. If you are coming from somewhere in FL then it might be cool-ish to you.

I did find the water at CC to be cold, I think it was 72F when we were there.

It was hot but not too hot to enjoy your vacation (which I have heard it can be in the summer months).
BoJangles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Kendal
DIS Veteran

We have been twice in march the first week and second week.... Out first crud I was the second week... Was very beautiful water a bit cold at first but got real nice.... Second cruise water was ver very chilly but we got used to it.... It started raining any windy and that actually made it very cool.... We do have cruise 3 booked now and once again we booked for March it's a good time we think!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It is variable.

My cousins went in 2012 and didn't go in the water on CC, and by the time they were on their way to PC it was getting colder and colder. My cousin and her kids might be, or basically be, Floridians, but her husband is from Pennsylvania. But then Feb 2012 even on land in Florida was cold at that time; we drove out from Orlando to see them that weekend and my lips were turning blue because it was so cold and I wasn't dressed for it! And I've lived in WA since I was 17, basically.

This year in Feb, they went on the same cruise and we went with them, and it was absolutely lovely.

Variable. No way to know what it will be like!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #8
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

We went the second week of February 2010. Nassau was fairly warm but any time on the ship was fairly chilly. Downright cold leaving Port Canaveral.

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #9
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I am curious as to what the weather might be like on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas in February?
Hi friend!! Thinking of a cruise are we?? Awesome!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #10
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliscum View Post
I did one this year and the weather was wonderful. Can be a little chill in the evening but during the day the weather was sunny and warm NOT hot.
This sounds quite perfect actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
We went early February 2013 and the weather was FABULOUS. I think the high on CC was 79. It was a little breezy at night so take a sweater. Here are a couple of pics of what our days looked like.

Nassau
Your pictures make me wish I was leaving right now! Thank you for posting them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
We were at Castaway Cay in Feb 2010 and it was FUH-REEZING. The temps were in the low 80s, but the wind chill was really cold. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt all day. And forget getting in the water, it was like ice.
I think the water might be too cold for me but wondering if the kids would brave it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJangles76 View Post
We found it quite warm while in Nassau and on CC but found the ship to be much cooler (due to the wind).

It depends where you are coming from. We were coming from -10C so it was hot to us. If you are coming from somewhere in FL then it might be cool-ish to you.

I did find the water at CC to be cold, I think it was 72F when we were there.

It was hot but not too hot to enjoy your vacation (which I have heard it can be in the summer months).
I have never been to the beach when it was too cold to get in but I don't mind to sit back and enjoy the view!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal View Post
We have been twice in march the first week and second week.... Out first crud I was the second week... Was very beautiful water a bit cold at first but got real nice.... Second cruise water was ver very chilly but we got used to it.... It started raining any windy and that actually made it very cool.... We do have cruise 3 booked now and once again we booked for March it's a good time we think!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Decisions, decisions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
It is variable.

My cousins went in 2012 and didn't go in the water on CC, and by the time they were on their way to PC it was getting colder and colder. My cousin and her kids might be, or basically be, Floridians, but her husband is from Pennsylvania. But then Feb 2012 even on land in Florida was cold at that time; we drove out from Orlando to see them that weekend and my lips were turning blue because it was so cold and I wasn't dressed for it! And I've lived in WA since I was 17, basically.

This year in Feb, they went on the same cruise and we went with them, and it was absolutely lovely.

Variable. No way to know what it will be like!
It's cold here in February. Low 80s sound like heaven!
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
We went the second week of February 2010. Nassau was fairly warm but any time on the ship was fairly chilly. Downright cold leaving Port Canaveral.
Good excuse to buy a Mickey sweatshirt? (or Minnie for me!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi friend!! Thinking of a cruise are we?? Awesome!
This might be all your fault! Well, you and Candace and Dani!
LOL -

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

we went in Feb years ago and the water was so cold. There were only a few people in the water at CC. ( they were brave!! )

the air temp was beautiful .
Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
Psychodisney
DIS Veteran

We went in mid Feb 2010. Leaving Port Canaveral in the low 50s. Was OK in Nassau...kids got to swim. Couldn't go to CC because of weather which was a major dissappointment. Spent a chilly windy cloudy day floating in the middle of the ocean. I don't think we would choose February again.
As I remember, the 4 day following us got stuck at CC because of weather and people missed their return flights. Big mess.
Psychodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Majordis
Mouseketeer

We did a 3 day in early February 2012 and the weather was beautiful. It was cold in PC when we returned to Port however. Beware the water in the aquaduck was cold - when that first splash of water hits your back watch out!
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
Huh....we went in Feb 2010 and had beautiful weather. CC was amazing for letting DD play in the sand and make castles but not for swimming in the water. Our sail away party was cold....I remember buying one of those frozen drinks and thinking "What is wrong with me?!!!" I couldn't even finish it. But once outside of Port Canaveral we had lovely weather.
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

What are youuuuu doing over here?? I wanna go too! I've been looking at some dates around then myself!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: