Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
bcrook
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 12-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #17
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I saw Frozen Lemonade at the side of Yak and Yeti. It's where the outdoor sitting area is at the side. There was a window there and I'm pretty sure they sold Frozen Lemonade. I remembered contemplating getting some; but I ended up with a frozen drink instead.

Love the Christmas stockings!

Bummer about Finding Nemo. I saw it in 2010 and wasn't impressed. It wasn't on my hitlist this time round.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #18
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

You are the first person I have found that, like me, does not care for the over abundance of Christmas music! I LOVE Christmas, I LOVE Christmas music, but for some reason I just didn't like it at Disney. I think it's b/c part of the magic for me is the music and sounds and having it all Christmas seems to take away from the actual DISNEY-feel!

Glad to see that Tusker House lunch was good, even with characters. We love TH lunch but have not been back since they added the characters. I have an ADR for February, and happy to see the yummy food quality has not gone done!

The useless FP+ is what I thought might happen. With tiering at Epcot and DHS, for sure. Who needs a FP for muppets or Spaceship Earth???
Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #19
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I saw Frozen Lemonade at the side of Yak and Yeti. It's where the outdoor sitting area is at the side. There was a window there and I'm pretty sure they sold Frozen Lemonade. I remembered contemplating getting some; but I ended up with a frozen drink instead.

Love the Christmas stockings!

Bummer about Finding Nemo. I saw it in 2010 and wasn't impressed. It wasn't on my hitlist this time round.
Hmmm...we missed that one. Even the CM by Kali didn't mention it. Though she particularly wanted the Minute Maid one in the cup, not the slushie machine one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
You are the first person I have found that, like me, does not care for the over abundance of Christmas music! I LOVE Christmas, I LOVE Christmas music, but for some reason I just didn't like it at Disney. I think it's b/c part of the magic for me is the music and sounds and having it all Christmas seems to take away from the actual DISNEY-feel!

Glad to see that Tusker House lunch was good, even with characters. We love TH lunch but have not been back since they added the characters. I have an ADR for February, and happy to see the yummy food quality has not gone done!

The useless FP+ is what I thought might happen. With tiering at Epcot and DHS, for sure. Who needs a FP for muppets or Spaceship Earth???
Yeah, I have nothing against Christmas music, but must it be played everywhere ALL the time. I'm getting ahead of myself here, but the ONE place it seemed to be handled correctly was at Blizzard Beach, where they had SOME Christmas themed songs mixed in with the usual beach songs that are played at the water parks. Like sure, I want Christmas music at the Osborne lights, but does it need to be throughout EVERY park? On November 9th?

I think you won't be disappointed in Tusker House food!

I will continue to comment on FP+ and summarize at the end, but that is the problem with the tiering of FP+. Luckily we had booked our FP+ for most of the trip before tiering was put in place, so it didn't really affect anything.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
Old 12-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #20
PrincessInOz
in

The one by Yak and Yeti was the Minute Maid frozen lemonade. I think I was the opposite of your DD. I was after a slushie one.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I have sworn off buffets, but I couldn't resist trying the Tusket House breakfast. The character interaction was plentiful. The food was fantastic. I could not get enough of the frittatas.

That entire area is going to look even better with the upcoming improvements.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #22
Brightie
Earning My Ears

Catching up on your adventures

Hi Peter,

Just popping in to say hello and to let you know that I am keeping an eye out for and looking forward to the next update. Wonderful photos as usual.

Haven't got myself up to speed on the FP+ and tiering thingummy so I will have to do some research. Not that I need to understand it yet as we are not heading over to the USA for a while. Even though Kim suggested we pop over for dinner!!!

Give my best to Ulana and take care.
Christine
Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #23
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Joining in! We were at WDW during our trip (10-16th) -- sorry to hear it wasn't the most magical of trips, but still looking forward to reading your report!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 12-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
The one by Yak and Yeti was the Minute Maid frozen lemonade. I think I was the opposite of your DD. I was after a slushie one.
Oooh..we will have to look out for that next time...it would've saved a lot of wear and tear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I have sworn off buffets, but I couldn't resist trying the Tusket House breakfast. The character interaction was plentiful. The food was fantastic. I could not get enough of the frittatas.

That entire area is going to look even better with the upcoming improvements.
It will be interesting to see how FotLK changes the look of Harambe village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightie View Post
Hi Peter,

Just popping in to say hello and to let you know that I am keeping an eye out for and looking forward to the next update. Wonderful photos as usual.

Haven't got myself up to speed on the FP+ and tiering thingummy so I will have to do some research. Not that I need to understand it yet as we are not heading over to the USA for a while. Even though Kim suggested we pop over for dinner!!!

Give my best to Ulana and take care.
Christine
Hey Christine...yes I wouldn't worry too much about FP+, I suspect there are more changes before they settle on something that works.

Personally, I think what they should do is hybrid the system. Allow you to prebook 3 or 4, even on a tier system, but then also allow you to get additional ones the day of as they are available. The tiering does not surprise me as it's probably the only way to prevent the point (which would be terrible) of having all the prime FP booked 60 days in advance.

And if you ever do "pop over" to visit, we will fly down to join you for lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Joining in! We were at WDW during our trip (10-16th) -- sorry to hear it wasn't the most magical of trips, but still looking forward to reading your report!
Well, again...it wasn't BAD - it just had it's problems...

I am trying my best for updates - but just REALLY busy right now.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #25
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Prelude to Food and Wine!

Day 2 – Big plans today – it’s Food and Wine and THIS time, we’re gonna make it ALL the way around!

Because I had booked only a eight-day ticket, but we need nine park days, I couldn’t book any FP+ today. However, the plan of the day was not to need any – though at one point I wished we could have. The weather was beautiful today – sunny and probably right around 80, but it didn’t feel too hot.

Anyways, we caught a bus pretty easily this morning and were on the way to the park in plenty of times. Every year we get an autograph book, DD wants to mostly draw in it, so this time we got a note book that could also double as an autograph book! Every morning, she would draw a character on the bus. Today was Dory. I wanted to get a picture.

PLEASE!

OK – here you go….

We made it to Epcot and the lines were massive, but we know the trick to get to a better spot in a line – and we ended up at the very front of the line as they were opening the gates. We had ticket issues with our MBs coming in, but they were eventually able to scan them. (Though DW never ended up using a ticket for the day.) Here’s the line of people in front of us for rope drop:

First destination – the new and improved Test Track:

Pretty much the same actual “ride” as before, but I like the new “TRON” motif, and the “program your own car” is a neat way to make you the ride a little more entertaining, except that they make your whole “group” of two or three people do a car – not allowing every person to do their own car. Overall though – not much different, but definitely plussed.

Second ride – MISSION: SPACE!!!

We stuck with the Green side even though Lieutenant Dan still scolded us about how terrible and awful the ride would be. One of these days I really want to try the Orange side, because the Green side is sooo mild.

We played the block sorting game in the exit queue, and our team won! Then DD rescued some guys stuck on Mars in one of the individual games.

Next we crossed to the other side of the park for The Seas! DD loves this ride. Me, I think it’s cute, but find the queue annoying as you seem to have to walk ˝ a mile before you get on the ride.

Mandatory Bruce’s mouth picture!

And a few fish shots:

We watched a diving demonstration, which I hadn’t seen before.

After a short time wandering around Seabase, DD decided it was time for another frozen lemonade. (Do you detect a theme in her snacking.) Fortunately we had seen a stand over near Mission Space/Test Track, so rather than hunting for it, we headed over there. At this point, it was just after 11 AM and time to get some FOOD and WINE!

Before entering World Showcase, we grabbed a F.O.N.E. to participate in an Agent P adventure when we got to Mexico. They mentioned to us that you had to do the mission within 15 minutes or it would reset, which is different from the Kim Possible missions.

We headed into World Showcase, and it was already very crowded. I really wanted to stop at the Craft Beer booth, but the line was SOOO long. Most of the food booths had about 25-50 people in line, but mostly amounted to a 5-10 minute wait per food item. I wouldn’t quite say it was CRAZY crowded, but it was the biggest crowds of the entire trip!

We did take quite a bit of food pictures this time, but I didn’t quite catch all the items – I apologize if I mis-identify any. But we first stopped at the Argentina booth. DW got the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree.

I got the Beef Empanda

DD loves shrimp – and so we stopped next at the Australa booths. She got the Garlic Shrimp with Roasted Tomatoes, Lemon Myrtle and Rapini:

DW and I both got the Grilled Lamp Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies. This was (IMO) the tastiest thing that we got at Food and Wine – at least not counting desserts.

We didn’t see anything else particularly appealing before Mexico – so we headed in for our Agent P adventure. DD was very much into doing it without our help.

We decided not to ride the boat ride, as there was a pretty long line – at least a 10 minute wait, and figured we can get it next time.

That's all I have had time to write for now - the rest of the way around World Showcase will have to wait for another day.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #26
DisneyMountainWoman
Mouseketeer

You guys need to try the orange with Space Mission, I just did it, it was soo much fun, in fact I think it is the best ride in Epcot. It is not that bad on the stomach, if you have ever did one of the spin rides that press you up on the wall, that is a similar feeling. So if you can handle that than you will be fine for the orange ride.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
PrincessInOz
in

Nice morning at Epcot so far. I didn't end up eating at the Australia booth and that beef and empanada from Argentina looks lovely.

Nice picture of Dory.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #28
Brightie
Earning My Ears

Dory

Hello again,

That was a great picture of Dory that was drawn in the notebook. When your budding artist next has an urge to draw please tell her that I want one......please?!!

Those Ozzie Shrimp's looked like they were a good size too.

Keep up the good work Peter, even if it is getting too close to Chrissy-mas and you are busy shopping.

By the way, I will hold you to that offer to fly down and meet us if we ever do get back to WDW. I am going to work out when, where and how to get the money while I am on holiday this Christmas. It would be extra special for me to be able to introduce you to my boys (DH and DS).

Am I getting the terms right? Phew, I hope so.
If I don't get to talk to you again before Xmas - We wish you, Ulana and Adriana a lovely, save and Happy Xmas PLUS an extremely successful 2014.

Christine
Old 12-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #29
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Love the faces on A&U on Test track! That's a great picture!

Great picture of Dory! She did good!

Hard to believe it's already been a month since we've been there. I came back and told all my co-workers that was the last trip in a whlie due to the changes they've made. I wans't ready to give Disney parks my money anymroe . Yet writing & reading trip reports makes me already want to go back. My co-workers have a bet I won't last . I am guessing they are correct.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #30
angelmav
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear it wasnt the trip you hoped for, we have had our share of those (as well as losing stuff), but thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading the rest of your adventure!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: