Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #136
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Pete - Love the update on BB. It is beautifully themed and the rides/slides look great as well.

CONGRATULATIONS on DVC. Well done. I hope the sale goes through and it looks like you're going to enjoy the comforts of home for a long time. So excited for you.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #137
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post

What a great photo of DD! Looks like a great afternoon at the water park.

Congrats on getting into DVC!! Always exciting to know there are more definite trips in the works!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #138
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Pete - Love the update on BB. It is beautifully themed and the rides/slides look great as well.

CONGRATULATIONS on DVC. Well done. I hope the sale goes through and it looks like you're going to enjoy the comforts of home for a long time. So excited for you.
The water parks are so great there! Definitely underappreciated gems.

The DVC is weird. For years I was so anti-DVC that the switch has been jarring. I'm both excited and apprehensive about the commitment. And the fact we don't really get to take advantage of it as a family for 18 months is a little bit of a bummer, though DW and I going in the fall mitigates some of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
What a great photo of DD! Looks like a great afternoon at the water park.

Congrats on getting into DVC!! Always exciting to know there are more definite trips in the works!
Thank you. On this trip she didn't seem big on smiling for pictures. It's always nice when you capture a genuine smile.

And thanks also for the DVC congrats. I don't know if we are stupid or smart on this.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 03-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #139
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Day 9 - Tutto Italia

I've wrapped up the trip in a fit of writing over the last few days. I knew I wanted to get this done before the end of the month. I have a whole 'nother trip report to get to!

Our evening plans were leftover from when we were still planning on doing Blizzard Beach on Day 6, and that was dinner at Tutto Italia, yet another new restaurant for us. We headed over to Epcot just as it was getting dark, and for once we didn’t have to wait long for a bus! We got to Epcot and I realized much to my own stupidity that I had left our FastPass selection the same as it was in the morning instead of moving some to at night, though we actually had a FP+ for Illuminations this night. Because the bus wasn’t running late, we were early enough that we decided to take a walk by Test Track. While the stand-by wait was showing at 70 minutes, the Single Rider wait was listed as 10. We asked DD if that would be OK, but after experiencing single rider up the chair lift, she was good with it, so off we went. And it ended up that there was ZERO wait. We literally walked up and they were putting us on a car. DD even got to ride in the same car as DW! The only negative to single rider is you don’t get to build a car – but who cares when you skip a 70 minute wait.

Then it was off to Tutto Italia. We decided to take the Friendship boat, which took a little while to wait for it – we were the only ones there and there was no sign of it, so we couldn’t tell if it was still running. After a few minutes we saw it coming from across the lake.

We pulled into Italy and checked in at the restaurant.

We were seated almost immediately. The décor not surprisingly was very Italian,

We received a bit of an Antipasto with bread and olives. This was OK, though DD and DW both don’t care for Olives:

I had the Fettuccine Vecchia Roma with Pancetta, parmesan cream. This was very tasty and the portion sizes were rather large – at this point in the trip I couldn’t finish my meal.

DW tried the Polenta Valsugana - Traditional Northern Italian creamy polenta, melted fontina, served with braised short ribs, meatballs, sweet and piccante pork sausages.

I’m not a big fan of polenta, but DW enjoyed this one quite a bit. It was again a generous portion. I believe because of our free DDP, DD got the adult portion of the Spaghetti, but as usual she requested the sauce on the side. DD can’t go wrong with Spaghetti.

DD didn’t even want dessert, but DW and I decided to suffer through. DW got the Torta Di Nocciole - Hazelnut polenta cake, nutella, sweet cream cheese (yup, more polenta!)

While I went for the Mocha Tiramisu - Mascarpone cream, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits, and chocolate

Something most people don’t know about me (or at least my childhood) I grew up in a town that was heavily Italian/Mafia, and as such growing up we had some inexpensive and very fantastic Italian restaurants. It’s not just in the movies that the mob frequently uses restaurants as fronts. If you don’t believe me – look up “Big Al” Bruno on Wikipedia and note the town “Agawam” when talking about his arrest in 1991 aquittal – that’s the town I grew up in. A bit off-topic, but the reason I mention this is that I KNOW good Italian food – not the crap that comes out of Olive Garden and the like. I tend to avoid Italian at places like Disney World for this reason.

So, how was the food here? I would list it as pretty good, but not really great. So, overall while we enjoyed our meal, I don’t think we’ll be coming back too soon either.

After dinner, DD was ready to go to sleep, while DW wanted to stop at a shop or two. So DD and I headed out walking (as the Friendship boats were shut down for Illuminations) with a short detour to pick out traditional snow globe (she was one for every trip to WDW). We got the bus back to the room, knowing we had just one morning left to go.

The Good
Hey, the weather’s actually nice!
Blizzard Beach was a good closer of a day
DD is old enough for single rider.

The Bad
Morning Busses strike again

The Ugly
Man that’s a long walk from the back of the park to the bus!

FP vs FP+: This does you no good at all at a waterpark. Ummm, how about it Disney, now that I have a water proof magic band!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 03-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #140
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Day 10 - Early morning wrap-up at MK

We had an early breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace, and we knew that we needed to be out of the room by 11 AM. The plan was an hour or two at MK, return to the hotel, check our bags at the Custom House, and spend several hours by the pool until our ME bus picked us up around 3:30 PM. Well, it WAS a good plan…

The day started out well enough – nice weather and a bus ride to MK. Hey what do you know – the buses didn’t show early.

We again ran late getting to MK. I was surprised when we got there though that they didn’t ask for any proof of our ADR. We just walked into the park at 8:05 AM with no questions asked. Is this normal?

We did one more set of photopass photos before going to our ADR. Look – no sweatshirts, no rain ponchos!

The line was long, but we didn’t wait more than 5 minutes to be seated. I had a little time to take some photos. Longing to be inside with Tigger:

Crystal Palace is one of our few “traditions”, as we have eaten here just about every trip we’ve taken going all the way back to 1997 when it was not a character meal. Unfortunately, I am much fonder of the dinner here than the breakfast, and in addition they got rid of one of my favorite things – the breakfast frittata. So, overall the meal was pretty mediocre.

The character interaction though was pretty good. The characters came through well spaced, but all came through in under 45 minutes. This has been a problem in the past at this restaurant with the slowness of the characters.

It’s funny that DD doesn’t really like characters, but for some reason she likes seeing Pooh and the Gang at Crystal Palace. With our next trip not planned until she is 12, I think this might be last time for a while that we do Crystal Palace.

To Be Concluded...

Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #141
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Day 10 - Bus ride to nowhere

So, first goal was to ride Haunted Mansion. We had a FP+ for the ride, but there was no line to speak of so we just walked right in. This is way too late in the trip to be first riding HM!

After that, we headed over to BTMRR, but it was DOWN. (ARGH!) So, while DD didn’t want to ride Splash Mountain, I did, so DW took her over to Pirates while I rode Splash:

When I got off the ride, DW and DD were just coming back, and BTMRR was still down. Well, we didn’t have time to wait, so we decided to ride to Storybook Circus on the train and let DD do her Splash park thing. The funny thing is we got off the train, DD went into the area while DW went to use the bathroom. She got squirted one time, and that was it – she was done! We were like “What? All that fuss and that’s it?”

We tried to catch the train before it left the station, but they were just closing the gates and wouldn’t let us on, so we saw time was growing short we decided to walk back to the front. We stopped to get some SofMK cards, and we were headed for the buses at 10:35 AM, with about 25 minutes to get back to our room for check-out.

So, we get to the bus area, and we a bus that looks like its sitting in the CBR bay. DD and DW runs ahead to see, and sure enough it is. So I get there and hop on the bus all out of breath, and we sit down and as they start to pull away the recording plays “Welcome Aboard! We hope you enjoyed your day at Magic Kingdom as we make our way back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. :O We look at eachother in disbelief and confirm the sign over the door said CBR when we got on it. We go to the bus driver and tell him we need to go to CBR. He says he can’t do anything about it now, but can drop us off (at AKL) so we can catch another bus back.

We are kind of all upset about this as you might imagine as we are supposed to be checking out of the room. At that point, the other people on the bus tell us that this had been in fact a CBR bus when it pulled up, but they had been standing there for almost an hour waiting for an AKL bus, at which point they switched the bus to an AKL bus for THEM. Now, that’s all well and good, but how about telling us that when we get ON THE DAMN BUS!!

As most of you know, AKL is WAAAAAYYYY out of the way from CBR, so we clearly know we are not going to be making it back to our room for check-out. So, we call CBR from our cell phone and tell them we are going to be late. Well, apparently the system is set up that when it is your check-out time, the computers automatically lock your room, so there is no way to get into the room, so when we DO get back to CBR, we have to come back to the Custom House for them to send someone to unlock our room.

We ride out to AKL, at which point the driver tells us to hop on this other bus, which will take us to AK, which will allow us to get back to CBR. Well, that’s not a lot of help, but sure we’ll do that. So, we ride over to AK, then go and wait in a third queue for a bus heading to CBR. Fortunately we only waited about 10 minutes for one to show up, but that bus also had to stop at Blizzard Beach before heading to CBR.

But wait, it gets better, the driver turns into Pop Century BY MISTAKE. Yup, yet another detour!! Once he’s turned in, he has to go through the whole bus loop and pull back out again before finally pulling into CBR. (That’s three theme parks and three hotels on a single bus ride…wheeeee!)

At this point we’ve been riding busses for almost an hour and a half and it’s close to noon-time. We get back to custom house and they let us know that we have to check our bags for the airport by 1 PM or else we will have to bring them to the airport ourselves. We explain the situation and they get us a bell service person (who was named Aladdin and was VERY nice and helpful) who took us by bus back to our room. We had to finish packing up (which we had mostly done but were not really prepared to be checked out the second we got to our room) and take most of our bags back to Custom House. I let DD and DW go to the pool and rode back with the bags. I then checked the bags into the bag check just as they were closing things down, and were able to store our carry-ons in preparation for the ME later in the day.

The final bit was having to catch another bus from Custom House to Port Royal, which somehow took another 20 minutes. So, in all this mess, our “several hours” by the pool evaporated to be “20 minutes” by the pool and our relaxation time turned to a stressful day. I really think THIS was the last impression of the trip, that on top of the other things that went wrong throughout the trip left us with kind of a sour taste in our mouth. In fact, in all the debacle, we never ran into any cast members that weren’t more than friendly and helpful, yet that still didn’t mitigate the giant mess that was our final experience at WDW of this trip.

The rest of the day was actually pretty uneventful. We traveled home by a direct flight and had no real issues to speak of at the airport or on the flights.

Overall, there were a lot of really good parts to the trip, but many no-so-good parts. Not a complete disaster by far, but really between my foot injury, the bus issues, the MB issues, the MVMCP mess, and the weather, it was enough to make me rank this as one of our poorer trips. Now, that said, DW and DD have already put those things out of their minds and are ready to go back. And me, well, I can’t say I forget the past as easily as DW does. Maybe it’s the painstaking notes I take to allow me to write a TR, or maybe it’s the fact that I usually feel well-prepared for all problems and were not prepared for most of these. Either way, it was a trip that I hope we don’t repeat very often!

The Good:
Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain – finally!

The Bad:
Food at Crystal Palace
Big Thunder Mountain RR down…so we missed it on BOTH coasts.

The Ugly
Need I repeat that

FP vs FP+: We did use ONE FP+ today, but didn’t get to use the one we had for BTMRR. However, regular FP would have done us no good whatsoever, so FP+ still wins.

Overall FP vs FP+: In the end, I’m going to give it to FP+. Now, understand we were not on the “Tier” system at Epcot/DHS so I might change my mind if that is still around next visit. Overall though – I think the benefits of the new system outweigh the negatives. It’s the problem with Disney, the analog to Heroin that I am always using when talking about going there. The first (great) trip you have to WDW has such a huge high to it. So many things go right usually, and you just want to experience that same high. But not every experience, or even the same experience, can give you that same high. So, you end up trying to up your experience – nicer hotels, longer stays, hard ticket events – to try and maintain that high. But even when you do that, sometimes you get a ‘bad trip’ as this one was. But do you stop? Nope, you get right back up and stick that needle in your arm again.

Now, the analogy really breaks down in that Disney World isn’t (probably) going to kill you or make you lose your friends or start up a criminal lifestyle. But we’ve spent way over our means on Disney in the last 12 months (hitting the full trifecta) and we know we have to slow it down – yet here we are - putting money into DVC and planning a weekend without our DD. Is the first step admitting you have a problem? It definitely isn’t the last.

Sorry to end this TR on a bit of a philosophical/downer note. I don’t think we are spiraling out of control. We are definitely only doing one trip in 2015, and our little weekend in the fall should cost us relatively little due to the “freebies” we are taking advantage of. The plan behind joining DVC is that it will SAVE us money in the long run and allow us to enjoy many more Disney trips for years in the future.

One of the great things I love about going to WDW is that every vacation is a UNIQUE experience. I talk about our trips to Myrtle Beach, which we seem to do every 2-3 years, and they really blend together as in we do many of the same things over and over again. Every Disney trip feels distinct in my memory, and while not every single thing we did stands out, each trip has it’s own feel and memory in my mind.

While this trip may be remembered for not being the perfect trip, it will also be remembered for a time where we spent the most time at Disney with friends – friends that we met BECAUSE of a shared love of Disney. Friends that don’t frown at us for wanting to go back again. Friends that we hope to see again on future trips, or maybe even outside of the “world”. And still 10 trips into our family Disney travels new experiences – Blizzard Beach, New Fantasyland. Five restaurants we haven’t tried before.

So, toss out the bad stuff, and remember the good stuff, because as one trip report ends, another one begins. Yes, that’s right – part three of the Disney Trifecta – “Once Upon a Time in the Carribean” will be coming soon. Keep an eye on this spot and I will be posting a link when I get it started!

Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #142
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

There's nothing better than Christmas decorations at MK and a visit wit Pooh and friends at CP!

Nice trip report! Sorry to hear that this trip didn't rank as one of your best -- even with the best things in life, sometimes "absence makes the heart grow fonder" you know? WDW is certainly an addiction that's hard to beat though

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #143
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

WOW! The Disney buses really don't like you. That's one stressful bus ride.

Love the pictures down Main Street. I think that with the MB, they don't need to check anymore. It's all on the system/band.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 03-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #144
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I can say, in all 4 times we have entered MK before opening, we have never been asked about our reservation. I guess they don't really care for some reason!

Lovely Photopass pictures on Main Street.

Breakfast looks fun! That's nice that the characters came through timely, because we seem to always have one character that we end up sitting around and waiting on long after we are finished eating.

WOW, that bus ride is just absurd!!! What a funky way to end a Disney trip...

Although it wasn't your best trip, it was still a great TR to read! I'm looking forward to part 3.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 03-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #145
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
There's nothing better than Christmas decorations at MK and a visit wit Pooh and friends at CP!

Nice trip report! Sorry to hear that this trip didn't rank as one of your best -- even with the best things in life, sometimes "absence makes the heart grow fonder" you know? WDW is certainly an addiction that's hard to beat though
Thank you and also thanks for reading along. I may be slow, but I've always managed to reach the end of the TRs, no matter how long it takes!

And I hate coming across as whiny "OH poor me, my trip wasn't perfect!" We really did have a great time for the most part, we just didn't leave with our usual "high". (Yes, there are certainly worse addictions - but this one can get pretty expensive!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
WOW! The Disney buses really don't like you. That's one stressful bus ride.

Love the pictures down Main Street. I think that with the MB, they don't need to check anymore. It's all on the system/band.
Well, the bus ride wasn't THAT stressful, once we called to let them know what happened, they seemed pretty understanding. Again, the Cast Members were all really wonderful with all the problems that occurred on the trip, and did their best to make things right. It's just too bad so many things had to go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I can say, in all 4 times we have entered MK before opening, we have never been asked about our reservation. I guess they don't really care for some reason!

Lovely Photopass pictures on Main Street.

Breakfast looks fun! That's nice that the characters came through timely, because we seem to always have one character that we end up sitting around and waiting on long after we are finished eating.

WOW, that bus ride is just absurd!!! What a funky way to end a Disney trip...

Although it wasn't your best trip, it was still a great TR to read! I'm looking forward to part 3.
We have gotten in early for breakfast once or twice before and they DID confirm our ADRs those times, which is why this surprised me. Seemed like we could've just walked right in. Maybe it was the MBs, I don't know.

Absurd is a good way to put it. Lesson learned: Especially on a near-empty bus, always confirm with the driver the bus destination!

(I can see Tinker326 reading this going: "See, this is why we always rent a car." Whereas I reply: "So, did that flat tire only cost you an hour of your time?" )

I'm glad you are going to continue to follow along on part 3. I have been reading your TR as well but I am having a hard time finding the time to read other TRs right now, so I am WAYYYY behind and therefore haven't been posting. Now that this one is done...oh wait, I got another one going.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #146
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Just able to catch up now that we are back home- my folks don't have wifi (oh my!!)-

Congrats on getting your trip report done. I am still, not there....... hahahahaha! But I have a good 2 months till I need to start my next one & you already have one in the waiting room-

I agree that this November trip wasn't all that I wanted it to be- especially considering that will probably be our last 'family' weeklong trip in 'off-time' with tolerable weather due to Becca entering Jr. High...... But like you, there was good in it all- especially meeting new DIS Friends!!!

I look forward to following the cruise report--

And don't forget Auntie Nicole when you rent that Grand Villa!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #147
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Oh, and for the record-

I'll concede and give several points to the bussing system vs. the rental car based on this past trip.

Notably... the flat tire, trying to drive to Downtown Disney, and Magic Kingdom transportation.

We are actually going rental carless for our October Adults trip!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #148
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Just able to catch up now that we are back home- my folks don't have wifi (oh my!!)-

Congrats on getting your trip report done. I am still, not there....... hahahahaha! But I have a good 2 months till I need to start my next one & you already have one in the waiting room-

I agree that this November trip wasn't all that I wanted it to be- especially considering that will probably be our last 'family' weeklong trip in 'off-time' with tolerable weather due to Becca entering Jr. High...... But like you, there was good in it all- especially meeting new DIS Friends!!!

I look forward to following the cruise report--

And don't forget Auntie Nicole when you rent that Grand Villa!
Oh, but it must've been pretty awesome bringing the little one for the first time. She seemed like she was having a great time.

Yeah, I feel now we are down to "end of August" or "February break" trips, though occasionally our school system does spring break at a date other than Easter, so that'll be an option too.

Adriana keeps asking me if we can go back to Disney with Sarah and Becca. Maybe that grand villa will work out some day. I got 160 points, that'll give us three nights at a Grand Villa at OKW. Or two at SSR. Or 1.5 at AKV,or one at BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Oh, and for the record-

I'll concede and give several points to the bussing system vs. the rental car based on this past trip.

Notably... the flat tire, trying to drive to Downtown Disney, and Magic Kingdom transportation.

We are actually going rental carless for our October Adults trip!!!
I DO see the appeal of a car for the independence it gives you, especially the ability to resort hop. However, in my view, I find the buses to generally be a more hassle free system, even with the problems we ran into. It's very rare that you see that issue of no morning buses. Not sure what happened there.

Our general policy has become "leave your room an hour before you want to be somewhere", and 99 out of 100 times we get there early.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #149
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

New THREAD everyone!

Well, it took me a little while to "get it together", but there is now a link to the third part of the Disney Trifecta.

Once Upon a Time in the Carribean - a Disney Cruise Trip Report

Please join me once again as we sail the clear blue waters of the Carribean as we complete the trifecta we started with 9 months before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: