Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
dfletcher
Earning My Ears

CRT for Teens on NYE?

Taking the family to WDW between Christmas and New Years. This weekend I managed to book a dinner reservation at CRT on New Years Eve (some serious Disney magic at play here!) I have a teenage boy who is 14 and a girl that is 17. Has anyone had experience with teens here? Is it much more geared for young girls or will all ages enjoy it? ADRs seem to be a little tough to get in MK for New Years Eve so I dont think I will have the choice of anything else but counter service but I dont want to plunk down that much $ if they are going to hate it. Opinions?
dfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Taking the family to WDW between Christmas and New Years. This weekend I managed to book a dinner reservation at CRT on New Years Eve (some serious Disney magic at play here!) I have a teenage boy who is 14 and a girl that is 17. Has anyone had experience with teens here? Is it much more geared for young girls or will all ages enjoy it? ADRs seem to be a little tough to get in MK for New Years Eve so I dont think I will have the choice of anything else but counter service but I dont want to plunk down that much $ if they are going to hate it. Opinions?
Get there really early. I am sure they will have an absolute blast! Dress warmly. The other thing I have heard is that it is wall to wall people - some people just end up in there to people watch and can't move around the park freely, and you will be right up in the prime area for fireworks viewing. So you will need to get to that area in advance of your ADR so you can get to your restaurant and then back out to see fireworks. Your going to have an amazing time! And it will be well worth the $$$. Don't cancel it. You got some pixie dust! Congrats! Get LOTS of pictures... that is a memory!
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
DCDisney
On my way...

Have you asked them how they feel about it? I have kids the same age and I know my son would get that I don't like this look about him with the princesses and the wishing wand stuff. He's a good kid and would tolerate it though. Personally I think it would be worth some teen discomfort to get out of the crowds for an hour or two.... I would let them know up front that it will be a really nice meal with good food (let them check out the menu to be sure it's to their liking) but there will be princesses and little kids all dressed up and excited. My teens would be OK even if not thrilled but every teen is different.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Be aware that if the Magc Kingdom stops allowing more people in due to capacity they will not allow you into the park even if you have a reservation. So get there early in the day and do not leave.
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

It would be worth the money to just go sit down for a couple hours. Our very first trip to disneyland I didn't have ressies for every dinner. And it was fine till Friday night. This was the off-season, but in DL the locals come in like crazy on weekend nights. We couldn't get in anywhere, and ended up waiting 45 minutes for a crappy burger. Since then I will never go without at least dinner booked for every night. We've never done wdw (May!!) but I have my dinner adrs all scheduled... And if we were going on NYE, I'd have breakfast and lunch booked TS too... Just to guarantee a place to sit and get a break from the crowds.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adr, crt, nye, teens

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: