Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
MsMagical
Mouseketeer

Tell me about T-Rex...

We are fairly experienced Disney vacationers. This time around (in late February) we are looking to try out some new eateries.

For anyone who has been to T-Rex, what did you like, what didn't you like? If you didn't like it, what would you recommend instead?

We do have little ones (2 and 5) but they eat out frequently so they have good restaurant manners and can handle a fairly nice restaurant.
MsMagical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
budafam
DIS Veteran

We love it. It's not a quiet restaurant by any means but I don't think there is a quiet restaurant in all of Disney (except for V&A's).

If you have a Rainforest Café near you then I would opt for TRex. I would never waste a meal at Rainforest Café considering we have 2 of us within a few hours of where we live. TRex is different but with the same type of atmosphere.

We really enjoyed the food there last time and we'll be back there in 8 days again
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Jupiter&Wolfe
Just a poor college kid scraping up every dime to pay tuition AND go to Disney!

T-Rex is FUN! It's pretty basic food, much like Rainforest Cafe, but the food was of good quality, probably a little better than most meals I've had at Rainforest (I also have one near where I live so I've never bothered with the Rainforest Cafe in Disney).

It's incredibly loud, when i ate at peak dinner time I had trouble hearing my father speak right across from me. But the theme is excellent and the bar is insanely cool looking. They also have a build a dino at the gift shop! Don't expect it to be a relaxing dinner, but it will be exciting!

Jupiter&Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

ITs a fun atmosphere, my girls love it. The only thing I don't like is that its really noisy at times.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

We will not be going back. It's loud but I don't mean the meteor shower I mean the people. So loud you couldn't hear the shower. We had a horrible server and the food was awful. Ice cold and tasted dirty. We couldn't get anyone to correct the issues. It's a shame as we do enjoy rfc on occasion but this was horrible. It should not take over an hour for a kids pizza to come out. Ever.

Last edited by jennylyn_b; 11-25-2013 at 04:20 PM.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
ShelliRenee
Daughter of a King

We enjoyed it. Make sure to save some time and money for Building and dinosaur and the digging. Meals are huge and you can probably share meals (especially with your kids being as small as they are.) Check the website for their club because they offer a discount club. Have a great time!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
tripletmom5
Earning My Ears

We loved it and are going back in April!! The Dinosaurs are amazing, the ice cave is great and the overall atmosphere is really cool. We thought the food was very good and our service was excellent.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

We were just there last Wednesday the 20th and we really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, it is loud but that is to be expected. Our server was one of the best we had all week, really good with the kids. Also the kids did the Build a Dino which was fun.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

T Rex is a lot of fun. It's loud with animatronic dinosaurs everywhere. If your kids like dinos, then they will LOVE T Rex Cafe.
The menu has a lot of options, everything from steak and chicken dishes to pasta and salads. There's usually something for everyone.
Have fun!
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMagical View Post
We are fairly experienced Disney vacationers. This time around (in late February) we are looking to try out some new eateries.

For anyone who has been to T-Rex, what did you like, what didn't you like? If you didn't like it, what would you recommend instead?

We do have little ones (2 and 5) but they eat out frequently so they have good restaurant manners and can handle a fairly nice restaurant.
The food was about like Rainforest Cafe - not something we would repeat too often.

The worse for us was the lights from the light cave. Could never 'sit inside' that area, and was barely tolerable in one of the other areas. Had to pass through it to go to the restrooms, and it was awful 'for me'. Gave me sort of a queasy lightheaded feeling.

Will not be going back - JMO. Am sure different people are affected differently. Just like Rainforest, some children are frightened by it.

North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
Octoberbaby
Kona coffee connoisseur

Location: Where they say the peaches grow, but I've never seen a peach tree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMagical View Post

LOVE LOVE LOVE T-Rex. It is a must-do every trip and it is my kids and husband's favorite meal at WDW. The only negative thing I have to say is every time we have been there it takes forever to order, eat, and get check and it is LOUD. The food and atmosphere is so good though we over look that, just plan to be there about an hour and a half. The tri-colored pasta with chicken is what I order every single time and my husband gets steak.
Octoberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #12
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
The worse for us was the lights from the light cave. Could never 'sit inside' that area, and was barely tolerable in one of the other areas. Had to pass through it to go to the restrooms, and it was awful 'for me'. Gave me sort of a queasy lightheaded feeling.
^^ This ^^

Our table was in the ice cave, and while the effects were super cool (both in the ice cave and throughout the restaurant) the combination of the lighting and the noise provoked a migraine for me, and I was sick most of that night. Not fun.

The food portions were pretty large. The food itself was okay....nothing special, but perfectly fine.

We would probably seek out something less dark, less light changy, and less noisy on future trips. Each definitely hampered our overall enjoyment of the meal.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #13
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

We didn't enjoy our visit at all. Our food portion was too much in quantity and less in quality. The service was very poor as we couldn't get a servers attention at all. It was very loud but I wasn't bothered by this but I did find it over priced and under staffed. We much prefer the Rain Forest Cafe.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

we really like it! Here are some pics & a review.....

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...ey-review.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
shadeauxe
Mouseketeer

I like the atmosphere (similar to Rainforest Cafe in terms of sound/lights movement).

I did not like the noise or the food. I felt like the food was nothing special for the price.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: