Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
butsy113
AKV Owner

Gingerbread Houses

Which resorts have the gingerbread houses? I don't want to leave one off our resort tour

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Technically, only the GF has a gingerbread house. The BC has a gingerbread carousel and I think the YC still has a gingerbread gazebo with Donald and Daisy in it. (I haven't been since 2007.)
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

There are a lot of displays around this time of year. Here is a list from the website AllEars:

http://allears.net/tp/holiday.htm

2013 AT THE RESORTS

Disney resort hotels are dressed up for the holidays, offering an ideal home-away-from-home during the season. Check each hotel for holiday dining offerings and special entertainment.

Several resorts are also known for their yummy holiday gingerbread displays. From enchanting visual feasts created from all kinds of sweets to refreshing stops offering tasty beverages and treats you can eat, check out each exciting display--in addition to a few fun activities--as you enjoy the seasonal themes of their delightful holiday renditions.

Holiday Gazebo
Gaze up at this merry gazebo in the lobby at Disney's Boardwalk Resort and examine a scene made entirely out of gingerbread and chocolate. Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for Hidden Mickeys just waiting to be discovered!

Stitch's Bakery Store Front
Explore a Stitch-sized replica of the BoardWalk Bakery's store front in the Disney's Boardwalk Resort lobby! Keep a lookout for Lilo as Cast Members create gingerbread houses right in front of your eyes--be sure to purchase a tasty treat of your own too.

Gingerbread Holiday Tree
Carol over to the Grand Canyon Concourse at Disney's Contemporary Resort to find a gigantic gingerbread holiday tree, complete with ornaments, candy canes and presents. Then, savor the tastes of the season, including chocolate peppermint cookies and Monorail shortbread.

Gingerbread House 15th Anniversary
Marvel at the mirth as you ogle at this life-size gingerbread house, built in the lobby at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Step right up and come across freshly baked, homemade items for purchase, such as stollen bread, gingerbread shingles and chocolate-peppermint bark.

Holiday Carousel
Spin around Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts as you bask in the majesty of a life-size, edible spinning carousel. Commemorate this holiday tradition as you join in the anniversary fun--13 years and going strong--all while pointing out each magical surprise hiding in the carousel's décor.

Holiday Village
Take a break from the carousel near the lobby at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, and chug along as you follow a miniature train making its way through a sugar rock mountain and a quaint village too.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I know you're asking about gingerbread displays in the resorts, but the year we went there was also a gingerbread house in the Liberty Inn CS in Epcot's American Pavilion that sold cookies and other holiday treats.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
butsy113
AKV Owner

Thanks everyone! We arrive on the 1st and the gingerbread displays are supposed to come down the 2nd from what I'm hearing, so I have my list going on what not to miss. The first few days of our trip are going to focus on the displays, since we've never seen the xmas decorations. Only 37 days to go
Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
wonder4fam2011
Earning My Ears

Where have you heard they come down the 2nd? We are in the same boat. I thought maybe they would at least be up thru Fri or Sat?
wonder4fam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #7
butsy113
AKV Owner

I can't find it now, but I will keep looking. On another thread someone posted a chart with the 2013 dates. It had the gingerbread displays coming down on the 2nd. I will post it when I find it.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsy113 View Post
which resorts have the gingerbread houses? I don't want to leave one off our resort tour

thanks!
-gf "gingerbread house"
-cr "gingerbread tree"
-bc "gingerbread carousel
-bwi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: