Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
MinnieDaisy
Minnie Fangirl

Disney Floral & Gifts In Room Celebrations experiences?

Apologies if this is the wrong category, I wasn't sure where to ask.

Does anyone have previous experience with In Room Celebration deliveries from Disney Floral and Gifts? Basically: did you get what you ordered and was it in your room after the 3:00 p.m. check-in time?

I just ordered my son a Christmas surprise to be delivered, but if it's not an "in room celebration" check-in surprise, it's something I could pick up cheaper at the parks -- the surprise is the thing. Experiences? Thanks!
MinnieDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to Resorts as folks with experience at hotels can chip in

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Best_Vacation_EVER!
Mouseketeer

Good and not so good

So on our last trip we ordered something that we asked to have sent to the room to surprise our son. When we went to check in -- at about 2PM our room wasn't ready no big deal as we were early.... but I was not really expecting it when the front desk person unceremoniously handed my order over to me as we checked in (saying in front of my son "we have your order from the disney florist". Sort of spoiled the magic with that.)

The content was exactly as expected and we had requested a couple of additions to the arrangement. So basically the florist did an awesome job... the front desk... not so much.

P.S. See if you can add a pair of Mickey Vision glasses. They were in the one we ordered and really made the fireworks cool as you see Mickey heads in the fireworks.
Best_Vacation_EVER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

I've had two very positive experiences with Disney Floral/ Gifts. I ordered a birthday surprise for my son and there it was sitting on the table when we came into the room that night. Perfect! And, just last month, we had a gift delivered to our room to celebrate his "Pirate Day". Again, just terrific! No complaints here!

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 SO Blessed !
DWillowBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
MinnieDaisy
Minnie Fangirl

Thank you both! The one thing I was afraid of was being handed the package upon check-in, which would kind of defeat the purpose. We won't be there until after 3:00, so maybe I'll call the resort that day and ask them to make sure it's "in room"! I'm glad your floral/gift order was correct, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Vacation_EVER! View Post
P.S. See if you can add a pair of Mickey Vision glasses. They were in the one we ordered and really made the fireworks cool as you see Mickey heads in the fireworks.
Thank you for the tip, I'll look for those!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDaisy View Post
Thank you both! The one thing I was afraid of was being handed the package upon check-in, which would kind of defeat the purpose. We won't be there until after 3:00, so maybe I'll call the resort that day and ask them to make sure it's "in room"! I'm glad your floral/gift order was correct, though!

Thank you for the tip, I'll look for those!
They can't put it in your room until after you check in. So if you check in after 3, once you check in, they could deliver it. But it won't be sitting the room waiting for you after you check in. Because sometimes the room you are supposed to have, someone else gets. So you have to be in the room first.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Maybe my experience has been different but I've ordered multiple times and every time I have been told that they would not deliver on arrival night. Sometimes people change resorts upon checkin so they don't want to do first night.

Mine have always been 2nd night or later. I've done several gift baskets and one in-room celebration. It's always been in the room when returning in the evening. They have all been very nice.

The exception to this is if staying club level because club level rooms are assigned prior to your arrival. That's been the only instance where I've had it on the bed when entering room for first time.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
MinnieDaisy
Minnie Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
They can't put it in your room until after you check in. So if you check in after 3, once you check in, they could deliver it. But it won't be sitting the room waiting for you after you check in. Because sometimes the room you are supposed to have, someone else gets. So you have to be in the room first.
You are absolutely correct! I ordered my items over the phone and the CM I spoke to seemed a little hesitant about the details, but she accepted my arrival date as the delivery date and said we could have them in the room when we checked in. I'm glad I asked here, and then called to confirm! I changed the date to the next night. Thanks so much for your help!!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Maybe my experience has been different but I've ordered multiple times and every time I have been told that they would not deliver on arrival night. Sometimes people change resorts upon checkin so they don't want to do first night. Mine have always been 2nd night or later. I've done several gift baskets and one in-room celebration. It's always been in the room when returning in the evening. They have all been very nice. The exception to this is if staying club level because club level rooms are assigned prior to your arrival. That's been the only instance where I've had it on the bed when entering room for first time.
They have done it for us the first night but only because we were staying cl. If not we have been told the same re: first night

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL, 4 days poly cl June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: