Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

Tables of wonderland card cost and benefits

I have always purchased a table of wonderland card but I know the price went up. Is it now $100 for annual passholders and how long is it good for? I always thought it was a great value and a good alternative to the DDP but need to look at the costs and benefits for our upcoming trip. Thank you
Boardwalk Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
4mykids
Mouseketeer

It is good until the end of the month following the month of purchase. Jeez, that makes no sense! I purchased mine on 5-11-13. It expires on 6-30-14. So it's good for 13+ months.

There is a thread on this board that discusses the benefits, break even point, etc. We found on our 6 day trip with just my DS22 and myself, that it more than halfway paid for itself. I have another trip in January, and it will more than pay for itself then. Keep in mind that it gives you a 20% discount on adult beverages as well as food. You also get the discount on food court items, such as half gallons of milk at the Pop's food court.

The 18% gratuity is added (but I'm sure you would have tipped anyway). The discount is taken before the food is taxed, so you are getting a small break on the sales tax as well.

It is well worth it for us. Please check out the thread on this board. Excellent info there!

Always planning that next Disney trip!
4mykids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Do make sure to check your travel dates against blackout dates, too. More blackout dates are being added in come August 2014.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The TiW can be purchased by Florida Residents, DVC Members, and Annual Passholders. It gives a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcoholic) at most tables service and some quick services location on WDW for up to ten people at a time. When you purchase it, the card is valid for the remainder of the current month plus 13 full months.

Here is a working example, using $100.00 as the original bill to make the math show up easily. Note this is for Table Service. At Counter Service there is no gratuity added.

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*20.00 - Discount
*80.00 - Subtotal
*18.00 - Gratuity Added based on $100
**5.20 - Sales Tax on $80
103.20 - Final amount charged, takes into consideration discount, gratuity and tax.

Without TiW Discount (and still figuring 18% Gratuity)

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*18.00 - Gratuity
**6.50 - Sales Tax on $100
124.50 - Total

$21.30 - Savings using TiW Card.

(Note - At Victoria and Albert's the added gratuity is 20% instead of 18%.)
* Ignore the asterisks; they are there only so the columns/numbers line up properly.

For the complete list of locations and the rules, go to www.tablesinwonderland.com which is the Official Disney site.

Based on the current pricing, the following is the break-even point for menu pricing (assuming you will routinely give an 18% tip):
AP Holder or DVC Member ($100) is $469.48
Resident (not AP holder) ($125) is $586.85
If you also add a Spouse Card ($50), add an additional $234.74
The three amounts above take into consideration that the Sales Tax is also discounted.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

Last time I paid $50 and I knew it was good for over 12 months which is great so you have the opportunity to use for several vacations. Still a good deal for us then even at $100. ! Thank you so much for the information. I know we can not use it on New Years Day.

WORD OF WARNING!!!! I have used this card many many times and I have found that many restaurants dont give you the 20% off for your beverages so you really have to check your bill. No big deal but it happened to us on our last several vacations at least 50% of the time.

Thanks for the update!!!!
Boardwalk Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

We have a TIW and love using it. I know that Victoria and Alberts is being removed from the list, but I'm not sure when that goes to in effect. We'll finally get to Victoria and Alberts in 2 weeks and figured our TIW card will pay for itself shortly after that.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: